Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Los Angeles Rams Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

NFL regular season has finally arrived Colts fans!  :)  Our Indianapolis Colts begin their quest to reclaim the AFC South Divisional title, as they are in sunny and warm Southern California to play the Rams, who returned to Los Angeles after a 21-year absence. 

Rams as a franchise has doubled it's value and worth since returning to L.A., and in 2020 will share their new domed stadium with the transplanted San Diego Chargers, currently being built in the old Holllywood Park racetrack in Inglewood.

Andrew Luck still travelled with the Colts for this afternoon's game.  Scott Tolzien will start for the Colts at QB, while Jacoby Bissett will be his backup.

Colts are coming in their five past regular seasons since 2012,   three AFC South Titles with identical 11-5 records, followed by two consecutive 8-8 seasons. Colts will try to reach the playoffs for the first time in three years.

Colts are playing a regular season game inside the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum for the first time in almost  42 years, since the Rams defeated the then Baltimore Colts by the score of 24-13 back on October 5, 1975.  But the Colts seek to end a very long drought this afternoon by winning their first game at the LAMC in almost 47 years.  Baltimore Colts last defeated the Rams at the LAMC by the score of 13-7 way back on December 21, 1969.

Rams also defeated the Colts in their only regular season meeting at Anaheim Stadium 31-17, on September 17, 1989.   Colts also played two road games at the Edward Jones Dome in St. Louis, Missouri., Rams won 42-17 in the season finale back on December 30, 2001, and their last road meeting  back on October 25, 2009. Peyton Manning threw three touchdown passes for the Colts 42-6 win  in their last road meeting in Missouri.

Ian Eagle and Dan Fouts will announce the game commentary, with Scott Kaplan as the sideline reporter and interviewer for The NFL On CBS, seen regionally in the mainland US, and in Indianapolis on WTTV CBS Channel 4, with coverage beginning at 4:15PM Eastern Standard Time.

NO injuries, get off to a fast start winning your first regular season win, in your first visit in L.A since 1975, and GO COLTS!!!!!:rock::coltslogo::1colts::colts::coltslogo:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Here we are once again, this will be my 34th season as a Colts fan starting off watching on opening day! Go Colts.

Here is some history for you Indianapolis Colts fans, since in Indianapolis, the Colts have compiled a 280-247 Regular Season record from 1984-2016. They have made 5 AFC Title Games = 1995/2003/2006/2009/2014. They have made 2 SuperBowls = 2006/2009. Most importantly they have won a SuperBowl = 2006. Not sure what 2017 will bring but the schedule is favorable and if Andrew Luck gets healthy the sky is the limit.

51 minutes ago, shakedownstreet said:

Oh gawd Rex Ryan is now on ESPN. They fired a bunch of clowns only to hire of new batch a clowns. 

I switch over to NFL Network only to get different clowns...

Capture_zpsdhriijjj.png

You got that right. It would be nice to have just a regular NFL show that just sticks to football instead all this crap these clowns come up with. It's all about face time and who can come up with the next catchy phrase.

Thanks again for getting us started, LOS!

Let's get off to a good start.  I don't agree with having ST as our starting QB, but he is, so I want him to succeed beyond my expectations.  D has to step up and gel quickly while Luck heals.  Hopefully our kids on D grow up quickly, cause we're going to be depending on them a LOT to cover our lack of pass rush.

GO COLTS!!  All day, every day.  :1colts:

Anything is possible. Until proven otherwise I go into every season thinking every game is winnable.  If we can learn to win with defense and run game, when Luck returns we could be a very dangerous team. You can't coach effort, as a fan I want to see our guys play their tails off! 

GO :coltslogo:  !!!!

Just now, Douzer said:

Please do descriptions for those of us in the hurricane! 

we have no electricity or cable and the winds are raging outside. but my phone is charged and it's game day!  Go Colts!!! 

Be safe, buddy.  I'm praying for all of y'all and for those in Houston area as well.