Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Waive RB Matt Jones

TKnight24

3 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

So Jones sucked or we needed O-Line badly.

I believe the Colts needed another body on the offensive line with all the injuries.

Unless Matt Jones gets claimed off waivers, he'll be back next week.

15 minutes ago, MTC said:

I believe the Colts needed another body on the offensive line with all the injuries.

Unless Matt Jones gets claimed off waivers, he'll be back next week.

Why not do it earlier then, unless there was a sudden injury? Jones could be back next week. 

1 hour ago, TKnight24 said:

Make sense - didn't they release Swenke after they picked up Jones?

This gives them backup for Oline and you pretty much had a similar style back with Turbin.

Jones was bigger but weighing out the two needs, this move does insure a backup at Center, in case of injury to Bond.

6 minutes ago, egg said:

wonder why they were so quick to make this roster adjustment....game doesn't start until tomorrow........

Last minute O-Line depth probably. Jones wouldn't have been ready for this game while Redmond has been with the team for the offseason and O-Line is a bigger need than RB.. Jones will probably be back after game 1.

37 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

Last minute O-Line depth probably. Jones wouldn't have been ready for this game while Redmond has been with the team for the offseason and O-Line is a bigger need than RB.. Jones will probably be back after game 1.

Haeg must still be a bit banged up too.  Jones most likely wouldn't have been on the active roster.  

BTW, I hate that they have a game day roster and are forced to have inactive players.  Makes no sense in today's NFL.

32 minutes ago, Blueblood23 said:

Makes me wonder what Ballard is doing with the roster. These type of player transactions doesn't give me a lot of confidence in the rebuilding process.

A swing and a miss. He turned the stone on Jones and apperently didnt like what he saw. There are going to be quiet a few players that seem like a waste but as long as they are truely going to put the best 53 man roster together (even though they have to tweak around injuries) that is what has to happen.

I would always rather look and say no thanks than not look and miss out.

21 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Haeg must still be a bit banged up too.  Jones most likely wouldn't have been on the active roster.  

BTW, I hate that they have a game day roster and are forced to have inactive players.  Makes no sense in today's NFL.

Well. you have 53 but you can only dress 45.