Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Do you think Luck will play in week 2?

AllYouNeedIsLuck

5th or 6th game.  I'll be optimistic and say the Colts go 3-2 without him (wins against Rams, Browns and 49ers).   Too much doom and gloom lately.  Flame away but I'm just trying to stay positive as the season is ready to start.  Don't want to accept the fate many have assigned to us.  Hope I'm right! 

Not a chance. He's not even practiced and once he starts he will likely need several of them to be game ready. I won't be surprised if he misses more then the 6 games that PUP would have covered, although my official prediction is week 5 at home versus the 9ers if everything goes right.

Not before week 5..... He can't be ready for week 2 and likely not till week 3, especially with the lack of any practice so far.  You are not going to risk him in the 1st game back against Seattle and what many are calling a Super Bowl defense and more.  so week 5 against SF, ease him back onto the field in a winnable game and allow him to gain some confidence.  Maybe we can be at least 1 - 3 when he comes back.... maybe

1 minute ago, DaColts85 said:

On PUP he could not practice though.  It would have been a bigger setback having him miss those 6 weeks plus another 1 or 2 due to practice.

That's true, but many people think him coming off PUP was fact that he will not miss all that many games.  I don't buy that.  Him coming off PUP was an easy decision.  You want to keep the interest of the fan base before the season starts. You could make an argument that if he doesn't play the first 6 weeks that you simply wasted a roster spot.  I won't argue that however because it's a rebuilding year anyway and the guy taking his spot likely wouldn't have made much a difference.  The chance that Luck might come back is worth keeping him off PUP.

2 minutes ago, indy1888 said:

That's true, but many people think him coming off PUP was fact that he will not miss all that many games.  I don't buy that.  Him coming off PUP was an easy decision.  You want to keep the interest of the fan base before the season starts. You could make an argument that if he doesn't play the first 6 weeks that you simply wasted a roster spot.  I won't argue that however because it's a rebuilding year anyway and the guy taking his spot likely wouldn't have made much a difference.  The chance that Luck might come back is worth keeping him off PUP.

I will never buy that they did this for ticket sales.  Season tickets are already bought and most single tickets are as well.  Well before the PUP list decision!  I will say that as a GM and coach you would rather let him have the chance to play week 4, 5, or 6, if possible versus waiting until week 8 or even 9 because he was on the PUP.

I am with Jared, no way prior to week 4.  Doesn't mean I won't cross my fingers for a week three return but not week 2 for sure.  He wasn't even on the practice field with the team from what I have heard, so even if he starts practicing next week it won't be enough to get him ready for week 2.  

He has to be hungry though.  I bet he is as anxious as any of us for his return.

22 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

No. The front office is so full of crap, it will certainly be longer than expected.

In the last 10 minutes a doctor who every week talks to Mike Francesca WFAN NY.......A Dr. Stephen O.Brien

Dr. Stephen J. O'Brien is an orthopedic surgeon who specializes in sports medicine and orthopedic surgery......This doctor talked the top injury stories of the NFL said in Luck"s  case  Luck is way....way.....WAY BEHIND SCHEDULE for the type of procedure he had !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

No. The front office is so full of crap, it will certainly be longer than expected.

Huh?

Irsay and Ballard pretty much cleaned house of the old front office and been replaced by people with great reputations.

And you think that our front office is "full of crap."   ???       Did you actually mean to say that?

Care to explain this?      It's a real head scratcher.......

34 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Huh?

Irsay and Ballard pretty much cleaned house of the old front office and been replaced by people with great reputations.

And you think that our front office is "full of crap."   ???       Did you actually mean to say that?

Care to explain this?      It's a real head scratcher.......

Irsay is full of crap.

Week 5 is my opinion against seattle. Seriously though when he is ready he will play.  No way the colts say he's ready but crap its seattle so lets swerve a week. If he is good to go they put him in.

Of course they would never admit that he is rested because of a team