Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Long Game Last Night

gspdx

I enjoyed seeing the Pats loose but man!  That game was way too long.  I believe the NFL talked at the end of last year about changing the commercial structure in the games.  Not less commercials.  For me they are making the games difficult to watch.  Way too slow, way too much down time. 

This is a trend that has been going on for several years now. Penalties also drag the length of a game out. I've noticed over the years of going back and watching older games from the 70's and 80's, that they actually go by much faster. Not just over commercials, but because you don't have tons of penalties in the games back then. 

7 hours ago, Synthetic said:

This is a trend that has been going on for several years now. Penalties also drag the length of a game out. I've noticed over the years of going back and watching older games from the 70's and 80's, that they actually go by much faster. Not just over commercials, but because you don't have tons of penalties in the games back then. 

You both are right.

Seemed like 3 and 4 minute breaks......and we don't even see the players standing around waiting for the commercials to ends.

Plus, teams pass more now. More incompletions..longer games.

NASCAR incorporates the commercials into the event...and I wonder if somehow 30-second spots could be slipped in  during penalty walkoffs or replay challenges.

As long as you think it was, it seemed ALOT longer for those uncharacterically quiet, sad-faced, clown towel toting Patriot fans.  I wish it would have gone on for days. haha

last night, fans of 31 teams felt like at least a little poetic justice was dealt that looked a whole lot like Kharma.