Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Operation Clown Face...

Buck Showalter

Given how Goodell has screwed up so many things in recent years, the joke is still on him for being a clown that no one respects at all. 

When the day comes that he decides to screw with your team, you'll learn the hard way that the commissioner is a joke and everything is a show to protect "integrity" and all those other excuses... 

27 minutes ago, Synthetic said:

Given how Goodell has screwed up so many things in recent years, the joke is still on him for being a clown that no one respects at all. 

When the day comes that he decides to screw with your team, you'll learn the hard way that the commissioner is a joke and everything is a show to protect "integrity" and all those other excuses... 

Do you harbor a grudge?

To the OP: I'm feeling I missed something.

Did Kraft abuse a clown?

55 minutes ago, Synthetic said:

How should a sports commissioner handle teams that don't follow protocol, bend rules, etc??? You feel his treatment of the bounty gate issue was mishandled, I presume. How do you suggest that case have been handled??? 

1 hour ago, buccolts said:

To the OP: I'm feeling I missed something.

Did Kraft abuse a clown?

One would think, ha...

The comedy outfit barstool sports passed out like 70,000 blue Goodell clown towels, & there were many in the stands wearing shirts as well. I suppose its sort of funny, or at least the humor isn't lost on me, but encouraging an entire fanbase to so boldly 'dis' the commissioner over an event that is now seasons old with punishment paid, just seems a little arrogant, with off placed energy...

I'd of felt a little silly leaving Gillette last night wearing one of those shirts...

6 hours ago, Synthetic said:

Its no coincidence that only 1 team and its fans have a problem with Goodell.  ONE.  Goodell works for the owners, you know, the guys who actually have a stake?  If Goodell was as bad as Pats fans say, the owners would get rid of him.

But you already know this.  you just refuse to look in the mirror just like Tommy, Billy, and Robby.

tell Billy and Tommy to play by the rules and you wont have these issues.  I've always found that if you smell smoke, a fire is surely burning nearby.

i'd love to follow the money with barstoolsports.  I think we all know where the bulk of the funding comes from. 

6 hours ago, Synthetic said:

Do you even have a clue on how the NFL is run?  Goodell is very well paid figure head to take the heat of people like you with an attitude like yours. The owners sure have you fooled.

I have news for you, Goodell does not run the NFL.

8 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

Its no coincidence that only 1 team and its fans have a problem with Goodell.  ONE.  Goodell works for the owners, you know, the guys who actually have a stake?  If Goodell was as bad as Pats fans say, the owners would get rid of him.

But you already know this.  you just refuse to look in the mirror just like Tommy, Billy, and Robby.

tell Billy and Tommy to play by the rules and you wont have these issues.  I've always found that if you smell smoke, a fire is surely burning nearby.

i'd love to follow the money with barstoolsports.  I think we all know where the bulk of the funding comes from. 

I believe Synthetic was referring to the "Bountygate" issue with New Orleans, Synthetic is a Saints fan.  There are probably more than one team's fan base that doesn't like Goodall, but as Buck asked, how is the commissioner supposed to handle there cases?  What the Pats and Saints did was wrong, they broke the rules.  With regard to the Saints "Bountygate" the NFL specifically sent out letters that year telling teams not to have bounties.  The Saints decided to ignore their letter, and some in their fanbase continue to whine about the consequences. 

2 hours ago, Cynjin said:

I believe Synthetic was referring to the "Bountygate" issue with New Orleans, Synthetic is a Saints fan.  There are probably more than one team's fan base that doesn't like Goodall, but as Buck asked, how is the commissioner supposed to handle there cases?  What the Pats and Saints did was wrong, they broke the rules.  With regard to the Saints "Bountygate" the NFL specifically sent out letters that year telling teams not to have bounties.  The Saints decided to ignore their letter, and some in their fanbase continue to whine about the consequences. 

He is a bitter fan. 

10 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

Its no coincidence that only 1 team and its fans have a problem with Goodell.  ONE.  

Many fanbases don't like Goodell, especially those who believe that he has not been consistent in handing out punishments. Vikings fans generally don't like him. One of my friends is a long-time Giants ticket holder. He wrote a letter to John Mara giving reasons why he believes Goodell should be fired. 

15 minutes ago, Gramz said:

Yeah... I thought it was childish and tacky.  JMO.

As Buck said, kinda backfired, didn't it?

It sure did. I liked that the Chiefs destroyed the Matt Patricia-coordinated Pats defense. Wasn't it he who was the first to wear that t-shirt as the team was coming off the plane after the Super Bowl? Lol

18 hours ago, Synthetic said:

You sound pretty mad that your team was caught intentionally trying to injure other players.  How is that Goodell's fault?  I'm not the world's biggest Goodell fan, but you're making it seem like he has a vendetta against specific teams and is going out of his way to ruin them.

25 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

I hope he used soft paper for the letter because the only thing Mara would do with it is wipe his butt.

haha

Lol. He got a reply!!! 

My friend has had season tickets in his family for over 50 years. He attended 4 out of the 5 Super Bowls that the Giants have been in, including when they beat 18-0 Patriots. And my friend knows many of the older season ticket holders. Mara does not want to lose his business.

My friend wrote that he was considering giving up his season tickets if Goodell was not fired. Mara replied that while he understood my friend's concerns and acknowleded that some mistakes were made, he and the owners were still in support of Goodell. 

So, no, Mara did not do as you expected. The Giants are too classy an organization to do that.

Patriot fans just need to grow up and get over it already. They got caught doing something shady and got punished for it. That doesnt make you a victim.

Another issue is that people simply don't have respect for anybody these days. Roger Goodell is not the devil. He might or might not be good at his job, but thats irrelevant. He by all accounts is a good man, which makes this a classless move by their organization. For God's sake you won the SB, isn't that enough revenge for a little 4 game suspension? This just makes YOU look bad, especially when you wind up losing and your QB pouts on the bench and your coach pouts in the post game press conference. It doesn't paint a flattering picture. 

23 minutes ago, GoatBeard said:

Patriot fans just need to grow up and get over it already. They got caught doing something shady and got punished for it. That doesnt make you a victim.

Another issue is that people simply don't have respect for anybody these days. Roger Goodell is not the devil. He might or might not be good at his job, but thats irrelevant. He by all accounts is a good man, which makes this a classless move by their organization. For God's sake you won the SB, isn't that enough revenge for a little 4 game suspension? This just makes YOU look bad, especially when you wind up losing and your QB pouts on the bench and your coach pouts in the post game press conference. It doesn't paint a flattering picture. 

Quoted for truth...

Pats fans bemoan all season long, then the team goes on to win the SB. In that scenario, theyve fulfilled their own retribution. What more do Pats fans want? To further shove their teams success down the rest of the league's throats...

Ultimately it's just one more example of how NE is a "class" organization. Every good drama has to have a great villian though, & I guess NE is comfortable playing that role. 

2 hours ago, GoatBeard said:

It amazes me how many people in the media just poo poo DeflateGate when their balls were proven illegal, yes they were under regulation PSI and the media thinks that scandal was a joke. No it is not, they cheated and being the better team doesn't matter, that is a different topic. Then people say the Pats did better in the 2nd Half with regulation balls, that comment alone shows they didn't have regulation balls in the 1st Half by how people were thinking in general. Sometimes people don't even realize what they say but that has been said by thousands of Pats fans even. By the way, when you are already up 14 it's easy to play ahead by that much and just blow the game open because the Colts became one dimensional at that point. So it didn't shock me at all they could blow it open with a double digit lead already, they could've with Basketball's at that point. Integrity, Integrity my friends. Regarding BountyGate/Saints, I don't have much to comment on it here but they treated Brett Favre like a punching bag in the Title Game. There were many questionable hits on Favre in that game if you go back and look at the video. Same for Warner as well in the Playoff game before. Their D Coordinator even threatened that his D would put Peyton out of the game leading up to the SB.

24 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Regarding BountyGate/Saints, I don't have much to comment on it here but they treated Brett Favre like a punching bag in the Title Game. There were many questionable hits on Favre in that game if you go back and look at the video. Same for Warner as well in the Playoff game before. Their D Coordinator even threatened that his D would put Peyton out of the game leading up to the SB.

Gregg Williams: One of the absolute worst  human beings in sports. Most fanbases will agree.

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Gregg Williams: One of the absolute worst  human beings in sports. Most fanbases will agree.

Thanks I couldn't think of his name. The way they were beating Favre up raised a lot of flags. If people would go back and look, there were late hits on me and a couple of cheap shots on him too. I am surprised Favre lasted the whole game.

17 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Thanks I couldn't think of his name. The way they were beating Favre up raised a lot of flags. If people would go back and look, there were late hits on me and a couple of cheap shots on him too. I am surprised Favre lasted the whole game.

Yep. Even after his suspension, it seems that players on his teams continue to be penalized for illegal hits (head shots, late shots) more so than other teams. 

8 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Lol. He got a reply!!! 

My friend has had season tickets in his family for over 50 years. He attended 4 out of the 5 Super Bowls that the Giants have been in, including when they beat 18-0 Patriots. And my friend knows many of the older season ticket holders. Mara does not want to lose his business.

My friend wrote that he was considering giving up his season tickets if Goodell was not fired. Mara replied that while he understood my friend's concerns and acknowleded that some mistakes were made, he and the owners were still in support of Goodell. 

So, no, Mara did not do as you expected. The Giants are too classy an organization to do that.

Thats awesome they responded

On 9/8/2017 at 4:20 PM, Synthetic said:

His employers disagree with you

On September 9, 2017 at 8:20 AM, NFLfan said:

Pats fans:funny:  

Thank you! I did not know what Buck was referring to.

I wasn't sure either so, thank you for admitting you were briefly in the dark too NFLfan. 

Honestly, NE fans need to let their grudge against the Commissioner go. They beat ATL in the SB. Sympathy & conspiracy theories only gain traction when you lose Championships Foxboro. 

17 hours ago, southwest1 said:

I wasn't sure either so, thank you for admitting you were briefly in the dark too NFLfan. 

Honestly, NE fans need to let their grudge against the Commissioner go. They beat ATL in the SB. Sympathy & conspiracy theories only gain traction when you lose Championships Foxboro. 

The hate for Goodell is real & strong within the new england fanbase...

21 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

If they were not doing stuff that they knew was against the rules anyway they wouldn't have gotten anything but I agree let it go.

Oh I don't disagree, but the fanbase will never let it go, at least not until Tom Brady retires & they have no reason to really hold onto such disdain. However, I am sure the diehards will forever dislike Goodell for, what they they consider, was a witch hunt upon their team... 

1 hour ago, Buck Showalter said:

Oh I don't disagree, but the fanbase will never let it go, at least not until Tom Brady retires & they have no reason to really hold onto such disdain. However, I am sure the diehards will forever dislike Goodell for, what they they consider, was a witch hunt upon their team... 

The Arrogance of that fanbase and even the steelers fanbase never suprises me.

On 9/9/2017 at 4:01 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It amazes me how many people in the media just poo poo DeflateGate when their balls were proven illegal, yes they were under regulation PSI and the media thinks that scandal was a joke. No it is not, they cheated and being the better team doesn't matter, that is a different topic. Then people say the Pats did better in the 2nd Half with regulation balls, that comment alone shows they didn't have regulation balls in the 1st Half by how people were thinking in general. Sometimes people don't even realize what they say but that has been said by thousands of Pats fans even. By the way, when you are already up 14 it's easy to play ahead by that much and just blow the game open because the Colts became one dimensional at that point. So it didn't shock me at all they could blow it open with a double digit lead already, they could've with Basketball's at that point. Integrity, Integrity my friends. Regarding BountyGate/Saints, I don't have much to comment on it here but they treated Brett Favre like a punching bag in the Title Game. There were many questionable hits on Favre in that game if you go back and look at the video. Same for Warner as well in the Playoff game before. Their D Coordinator even threatened that his D would put Peyton out of the game leading up to the SB.

They were better than my Colts. I agree. The point missed was that the balls in the game before should have been tested. The Pats made catches in that freezing rain that zipped right thru the Ravens recievers hands, allowing the Pats to come from way behind to barely win.  

Balt reported to the Colts to watch the underinflation.  Had it been checked in THAT game, Balt might have won, eliminating the Pats, and the AFC Championship would have been Ravens AT Colts, and not Colts at Pats.

On 9/9/2017 at 2:09 PM, Buck Showalter said:

Quoted for truth...

Pats fans bemoan all season long, then the team goes on to win the SB. In that scenario, theyve fulfilled their own retribution. What more do Pats fans want? To further shove their teams success down the rest of the league's throats...

Ultimately it's just one more example of how NE is a "class" organization. Every good drama has to have a great villian though, & I guess NE is comfortable playing that role. 

I drive for a living. Used to spend a lot of time hearing New England radio.  Two things New England leads the nation in (since at least the 1960s, probably earlier): worst, meanest drivers, and most arrogant mean fans in all sports...

I'd rather drive thru the Bronx than New England.  Second worst drivers are in Cincinnati, of all places.  No idea why...

13 minutes ago, jimmy g said:

They were better than my Colts. I agree. The point missed was that the balls in the game before should have been tested. The Pats made catches in that freezing rain that zipped right thru the Ravens recievers hands, allowing the Pats to come from way behind to barely win.  

Balt reported to the Colts to watch the underinflation.  Had it been checked in THAT game, Balt might have won, eliminating the Pats, and the AFC Championship would have been Ravens AT Colts, and not Colts at Pats.

Yeah that's the part Pats fans never seem to remember. We were urged to check the balls by the Ravens because they believed they had cheated the week before too.

WE might not have been able to beat the Pats that year, but I believe we matched up much better with Baltimore and would've had them at home like you said.

13 minutes ago, GoatBeard said:

Yeah that's the part Pats fans never seem to remember. We were urged to check the balls by the Ravens because they believed they had cheated the week before too.

WE might not have been able to beat the Pats that year, but I believe we matched up much better with Baltimore and would've had them at home like you said.

Baltimore choked a game away that they had a 14 point lead in....twice

Keep blaming Deflategate all you want...But they choked that game away when they had it in the bag. Deflated balls didn't make Joe Flacco throw that bad interception late in the game. 

Plus, this is Baltimore...before the deflated balls thing, John Harbaugh was going nuts over the trick play pass from Edleman...That team can't handle losing without coming up with conspiracy theories. Kinda reminds me of Brad Childress and his whiny Vikings team. Another team of sore losers that made up a big conspiracy theory rather than admitting they turned the ball over 5 times and lost it off that. 

Deflategate was one of the dumbest controversies in recent NFL history. I'm sure if it was another team and not New England, people would think different. Aaron Rodgers flat out said he likes to have a big ball over-inflated....Most of the NFL thought it was ridiculous. Outside of la la land in Indy and Baltimore, the rest of the NFL thought it was dumb as hell. 

There used to be a time when instead of blaming the refs and making up conspiracy theories, fans agreed on one thing and that was getting home field advantage for the playoffs. This theory comes from the 1981 Chargers, and how failing to get home field in the playoffs led to them having to travel to Cincinnati for the AFCCG which is known as the "freezer bowl" and played at -50 degrees. Their high powered offense became useless in a major cold weather game...Watch the Missing Rings documentary on that team and they specifically talk about the importance of having home field advantage in the playoffs to avoid something catastrophic like that. Maybe that's what Baltimore and Indy should've done in 2014 so they wouldn't have had to travel to Foxboro in the first place..