Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Some interesting fun facts from the KC vs. NE game.

ReMeDy

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000840797/article/tom-brady-on-patriots-rare-loss-we-had-it-handed-to-us

• The Patriots did not allow more than 31 points in a game all of last season (including the playoffs against the Falcons), yet allowed 42 tonight.
  • Brady was 51-1 at home versus AFC teams since 2007.
  • Today's 42 points are the most allowed ever in the Bill Belichick era.
  • The Patriots have never suffered a home loss when leading after three quarters in the Brady era (they were previously 105-0).

I don't have time to fact check all this, but that's mind-blowing if true. After reading all that, it really puts Kansas City's win in perspective.

Alex Smith played better then I though he was even capable. Wow. Losing the opener after your Championship banner was revealed stings considerably for NE. However, it's just 1 game. To hear Bill recount tonight's game at Foxboro, you'd think it's a funeral wake. The Pats will still be formidable in December like they always are. 

KC has all the pieces to make a run. Will they get to a SB this yr? No. Andy had his men prepared though. Gotta give Reid that. They came to impose their will tonight. No doubt about it. 

The defense ran out of gas and the Chiefs chose not to run the clock out. Any defense will run out of gas eventually.

Brady also had a bad game but not just because he didn't play well. He was unusually shaky in the not even bad looking pocket, and he apparently wasn't even sure enough of himself to THROW A SIDELINE FIT OMG HE REALLY IS DONE lol!

46 minutes ago, Synthetic said:

If I were a Falcons fan, I would feel even WORSE after last night watching the Chiefs manhandle them like that in Foxboro. it just means it was right there on the table for the taking in the SB, and they blew it. 

Is that something the Falcons fans didn't already know? They had a pretty good lead in the super bowl and I highly doubt they could feel worse.

Matter of fact they are pretty happy right now seeing the Pats getting it handed to them.

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Matter of fact they are pretty happy right now seeing the Pats getting it handed to them.

lmao Who in the world would be happy to lose the SB and go down as the biggest choke artists, only to see this same team lose in the opener?

I don't know how they could be happy with that. This loss isn't going to bring them that SB they choked away. It won't erase all the 28-3 flags and chants they're going to hear for the next several years....Any Falcons fans who are celebrating last night, still have to look at their empty SB trophy case while the Saints and Bucs flash their rings at them. 

3 hours ago, Synthetic said:

If I were a Falcons fan, I would feel even WORSE after last night watching the Chiefs manhandle them like that in Foxboro. it just means it was right there on the table for the taking in the SB, and they blew it. 

The Pats vs. the Chiefs last night looked a lot like the Pats team that didn't show up vs. the Falcons until "the comeback". And this would concern me as a Patriots fan unless they can get it together soon and fast.

The Falcons have got to be the biggest SB waste in history. And it's all on them 100%, I doubt they ever get a chance as good as that again, EVER. They blew it. 

2 hours ago, Synthetic said:

lmao Who in the world would be happy to lose the SB and go down as the biggest choke artists, only to see this same team lose in the opener?

I don't know how they could be happy with that. This loss isn't going to bring them that SB they choked away. It won't erase all the 28-3 flags and chants they're going to hear for the next several years....Any Falcons fans who are celebrating last night, still have to look at their empty SB trophy case while the Saints and Bucs flash their rings at them. 

If you cant understand why I said the Falcons fans thoroughly enjoyed the Pats getting their tails kicked I don't know what to say to you.

Naturally they are bummed they lost the super bowl but nature tells anyone they loved seeing the Pats get beat just like any fan in the league that are not Pats fans.

As far as it making it worse? No.

7 hours ago, Jules said:

The Pats vs. the Chiefs last night looked a lot like the Pats team that didn't show up vs. the Falcons until "the comeback". And this would concern me as a Patriots fan unless they can get it together soon and fast.

The Falcons have got to be the biggest SB waste in history. And it's all on them 100%, I doubt they ever get a chance as good as that again, EVER. They blew it. 

lol.. Devonte Freeman invites the Patriots back into the super bowl then asked the Falcons for a new deal and gets it.

46 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

I think I also read that Alex Smith had 2 TD passes of over 40 yards all of last year and he had 2 in the opening game alone

He had 2 TDs of 75 yards or more in his entire career until the Pats game. 

14 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Is that something the Falcons fans didn't already know? They had a pretty good lead in the super bowl and I highly doubt they could feel worse.

12 hours ago, Synthetic said:

10 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

If you cant understand why I said the Falcons fans thoroughly enjoyed the Pats getting their tails kicked I don't know what to say to you.

Naturally they are bummed they lost the super bowl but nature tells anyone they loved seeing the Pats get beat just like any fan in the league that are not Pats fans.

As far as it making it worse? No.

I used to struggle with this when the Colts would lose in the playoffs.  On the one hand, I want the team that knocks the Colts out of the playoffs to get smashed into the ground by their next opponent because I'm so mad at them for ending the Colts' season.  On the other hand, if the team that beats the Colts in the playoffs turns out to be an all-time great SB team, it's a small condolence that the Colts lost to such a great opponent.  There's no shame in losing to a team like the '85 Bears, right?

Ironically Synthetic, the SB loss to the Saints is my best example.  I like Brees and I wanted the Saints to be dynasty-level great after that SB so that it wouldn't seem so bad for the Colts to lose to them in the SB.  But the mediocrity of the Saints since then puts a little extra sting in that SB loss.

Payton stole a ring from Peyton.  :(

10 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I used to struggle with this when the Colts would lose in the playoffs.  On the one hand, I want the team that knocks the Colts out of the playoffs to get smashed into the ground by their next opponent because I'm so mad at them for ending the Colts' season.  On the other hand, if the team that beats the Colts in the playoffs turns out to be an all-time great SB team, it's a small condolence that the Colts lost to such a great opponent.  There's no shame in losing to a team like the '85 Bears, right?

Ironically Synthetic, the SB loss to the Saints is my best example.  I like Brees and I wanted the Saints to be dynasty-level great after that SB so that it wouldn't seem so bad for the Colts to lose to them in the SB.  But the mediocrity of the Saints since then puts a little extra sting in that SB loss.

Payton stole a ring from Peyton.  :(

It could be said Payton stole a ring from the coaching staff of the Colts more than one from Peyton IMO.

I'd love to say the Pats are finally dead, but I bet if they played again later on in the season they'd lose.

Wow on that 105-0 record when leading after 3 at home. I knew they've always been deadly at home, but seriosly, wow.

12 hours ago, Jules said:

Losing after being up 28-3, blows bigtime. You cant give a way SB Titles. I don't think they make it back. I was thinking of a list of 3 worse losses in SB history as in barely losing when the team should've won. First 3 that to come to mind are:

1. Falcons last season

2. Seahawks in 2014 - passing from the 1, not giving it to Lynch for the win

3. Bills in 1990 with a miss FG that would've won it