CR91

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, aaron11 said:

we got rid of allen and his contract and it only cost us a 6th

i see that as a win

he was more likely to get cut than finish his contract here.  same probably happens in NE

His 2017 salary and roster bonus werent guaranteed until 3/13/17. Had we cut him prior to that we would have taken a 3M cap hit to cut him, which coincidentally is the same hit it took to trade him. NE saving us $0 in cap for a 6th round pick doesnt mean we won the trade. 

That being said, us losing the trade was more about Banner not working out more than anything else. In hindsight it didnt work out for us, but any decent GM would make that trade every time. It was an excellent trade undone by poor draft selection. 

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 1:56 AM, braveheartcolt said:

Well played Kansas, that should be the main story line. Very well played indeed......

Indeed they did despite all those penalties they committed.

Alex had one of his best games and on the big stage.

They only lost by 2 in the playoffs last year. It's a long haul so we shall see.

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 8:54 AM, Valpo2004 said:

The Bronco's won their SB long after Manning's decline was evident.  

I think the same could be true here.  Belichick will have to find ways to do it while putting less pressure on Brady, but he's the best in the business at covering weaknesses.

Also 3 or 4 years ago Kansas City dominated the Pats in a big blowout.  And everyone started questioning if they where done and no longer any good.  They then proceeded to dominate the rest of the season.

Maybe KC just has their number or something.  

I still think they repeat.  And I'm not going to be questioning that too much unless they are 1-3 or 0-4 through their first 4 games.  

Well BB has always said it takes 4 games to see what he's got and then make player adjustments should they be needed. You still want to win 2 out of those 4 to stay in the hunt.

On 9/8/2017 at 0:30 AM, chad72 said:

Drew Brees and Sean Payton will carve this Patriots D next week, just a gut feeling. The pitch to the RB, the Chiefs did see what Kyle Shanahan did right. Patriots LBs sideline speed can be exploited. It's a pity Kyle stopped doing that in the second half of the SB, he started off doing that to both sides to Freeman and Coleman. Osweiler and the Broncos beat the Pats with a sideline pitch to CJ Anderson too, see a pattern??

Plus, I told you that if Brady doesn't have Edelman, his underneath rhythm is off. Edelman over Welker and his toughness was the biggest factor in key situations in 2014 and 2016 SB

Edelman will be missed big time, more than I even thought. As for Brees I'm. It worries about the passing game, it's the Run game scares me right now since well they couldn't stop any runner on Thursday.

i am a Pats fan and I will. E till I die and I'm sure I'll see the 1-15 season again before that day. I'm a fan for life no matter the record. That said I am not worried about 1 loss BB always tinkers and lays with the team the first 4 weeks of the season. (Last year being the only exception I can think of.) 

On 9/9/2017 at 5:13 PM, TDewar1987 said:

When you are playing football and chill and he gives you this look

20170907231330.jpg

I'm glad he was * I be more * if he was smiling and happy on the sidelines.  And FYI the O was not the reason for the loss that was all on a very very porous run D.

14 hours ago, JimJaime said:

Edelman will be missed big time, more than I even thought. As for Brees I'm. It worries about the passing game, it's the Run game scares me right now since well they couldn't stop any runner on Thursday.

i am a Pats fan and I will. E till I die and I'm sure I'll see the 1-15 season again before that day. I'm a fan for life no matter the record. That said I am not worried about 1 loss BB always tinkers and lays with the team the first 4 weeks of the season. (Last year being the only exception I can think of.) 

I remember that 1-15 season. (Guess who the 1 win was against, lol.)

On 9/9/2017 at 3:31 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

At least the undefeated talk is over. That is one thing Tom and BB will never have.

I don't think they care that much. They never look that far ahead enough to really think that. 2007 fell in their lap and they got lucky a handful of times to get that close. Only the Giants game in week 17 was the only time they actively did something to chase it by not resting their starters (Belichick sometimes will rest them the final week, but not before). Aside from that they didn't do anything different. If anything the media has more egg on their face for screaming about it all summer 

On 9/11/2017 at 6:55 AM, JimJaime said:

The Saints ain't beating this Patriots team. The Saints just let a crappy mediocre QB have the best game of his career. The Vikings are going to be so disappointed next week when Sam Bradford goes back to being average at best, cause this sorta thing only happens against the Saints. 

Forget the run game, we make QB's look like Steve Young...Tom Brady will probably look like he's 25 again and all of us are going to look stupid for saying he was done last week. We're pretty good at this too...It goes back to 2011 and that one playoff game that pretty much is the only reason Alex Smith still has a starting job in the NFL. If you want your QB to look like a Hall of Famer on any day, just start them against the Saints...

The Pats have had 4 extra days off, a whole week of hearing "they're done" and lucky for them, they get to play the team with the worst defense going on the past 4 years straight who they will undoubtedly take all their anger out on.... I think the Saints will make it interesting early on, back and forth, but this is going to be a game where Brees is in Favre style 'hero mode' cause he knows his defense can't stop nothing, so he's going to try and score at will, and I think he'll end up getting picked off a few times. Brandin Cooks will have over 200 yards receiving, book that...The Saints will have such poor coverage and man to man defense, I think Cooks goes off on us. 

48 to 24 Pats. 

I'm honestly beginning to think the Saints should fire Sean Payton. He's had 5 years to figure this thing out on defense, and yet here we are in groundhog day repeating the same thing over and over...This is year #5 of making crappy QB's look like Steve Young, and I'm getting tired of it...there is no excuse anymore...Take Brees off this team and we would be a 1-15 or 3-13 team at best. 

12 hours ago, Synthetic said:

The Saints ain't beating this Patriots team. The Saints just let a crappy mediocre QB have the best game of his career. The Vikings are going to be so disappointed next week when Sam Bradford goes back to being average at best, cause this sorta thing only happens against the Saints. 

Forget the run game, we make QB's look like Steve Young...Tom Brady will probably look like he's 25 again and all of us are going to look stupid for saying he was done last week. We're pretty good at this too...It goes back to 2011 and that one playoff game that pretty much is the only reason Alex Smith still has a starting job in the NFL. If you want your QB to look like a Hall of Famer on any day, just start them against the Saints...

The Pats have had 4 extra days off, a whole week of hearing "they're done" and lucky for them, they get to play the team with the worst defense going on the past 4 years straight who they will undoubtedly take all their anger out on.... I think the Saints will make it interesting early on, back and forth, but this is going to be a game where Brees is in Favre style 'hero mode' cause he knows his defense can't stop nothing, so he's going to try and score at will, and I think he'll end up getting picked off a few times. Brandin Cooks will have over 200 yards receiving, book that...The Saints will have such poor coverage and man to man defense, I think Cooks goes off on us. 

48 to 24 Pats. 

I'm honestly beginning to think the Saints should fire Sean Payton. He's had 5 years to figure this thing out on defense, and yet here we are in groundhog day repeating the same thing over and over...This is year #5 of making crappy QB's look like Steve Young, and I'm getting tired of it...there is no excuse anymore...Take Brees off this team and we would be a 1-15 or 3-13 team at best. 

Wow, lol this whole response you can replace "Saints" with "Colts" "Sean Payton" with "Chuck" and you are in the shoes of a Colts fan lol. We just made Jared freaking Goff an Pro Bowler.. the rams will get eaten alive Sunday. And the Colts cant stop a nose bleed.

KC took it too the Pats last week.  The Pats has some injuries and were down to their last two WRs in the second half. Also, the D gave up some big plays.  KC had a great game plan and pulled ahead in the 2nd half. 

Time will tell to see if the Pats injuries, incorporating new players, etc., to see if the loss to KC is something that will continue, or just an off day.  

Pats have two big tests with NO and Houston next week.  

1 hour ago, Yehoodi said:

KC took it too the Pats last week.  The Pats has some injuries and were down to their last two WRs in the second half. Also, the D gave up some big plays.  KC had a great game plan and pulled ahead in the 2nd half. 

Time will tell to see if the Pats injuries, incorporating new players, etc., to see if the loss to KC is something that will continue, or just an off day.  

Pats have two big tests with NO and Houston next week.  

I don't think those are daunting tasks to beat New Orleans or Houston. With Brees, there's a bit of uncertainty there of course but Houston should be easy...