Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

pats getting exactly what they deserve for once

CR91

3 hours ago, Synthetic said:

Goodell is still a clown at the end of the day....just wait until he decides to screw with your team, and then you'll learn the hard way...

Goodell?  Goodell is only the mouth piece for the majority owners. he gets paid very well to take the heat from those who have your attitude.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Off topic slightly: 

The woman who sang the Natl. Anthem did a nice job. Her yellow/gold leafed stand & microphone seemed a bit over the top for my tastes, but her version of the Star Spangled Banner was good. She failed to hit the high note near the end of the song though. Whitney Houston was the only singer I ever heard do that number justice from start to finish, but I digress. Whitney had an incredible voice before narcotics sidetracked her life. It's a shame too. 

I bet Trump liked the gold colored microphone & stand though since that particular medal is his favorite. LOL! 

I apologize for repeating myself, but QB Alex Smith played out of his mind tonight with some beautiful long passes & doing more then short dinking & dunking check down throws. It's like Andy told Alex, "No more leash son. Go out there & light it up." 

I seriously never imagined Smith was capable of this. Maybe KC drafting his replacement scared him enough to just throw caution to the wind. I owe you an apology Alex. His tenure in 49ers Country to me was more Jim Harbaugh than him. I might need to look at Alex in a new light now. Not elite, but darn good & moving up. I need to see this for say 5 weeks or so. 

I never viewed him as an ariel threat. Until now that is. I'm open to that possibility now. 

I did chuckle when the Chiefs started to dominate the game & NBC TV analyst Cris Collinsworth got really quiet once it was beginning to look evident that NE might not emerge with a victory. Cris has a serious man crush on the Patriots franchise as a whole. It's fine. He can adore whatever team he wants. 

I just got a kick out of his notable silence in the second half. haha He praised Alex's performance to his credit, but it felt forced like he was a hostage at a bank robbery to me. 

16 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

I did chuckle when the Chiefs started to dominate the game & NBC TV analyst Cris Collinsworth got really quiet once it was beginning to look evident that NE might not emerge with a victory. Cris has a serious man crush on the Patriots franchise as a whole. It's fine. He can adore whatever team he wants. 

I just got a kick out of his notable silence in the second half. haha He praised Alex's performance to his credit, but it felt forced like he was a hostage at a bank robbery to me. 

It was quite a Patriots love-fest for three quarters or so.  I felt the need to puke.

1 hour ago, southwest1 said:

Whitney Houston was the only singer I ever heard do that number justice from start to finish, but I digress

Best Performance ever of the National Anthem. Such a great strong voice and she just looked and sounded so full of joy in this performance!

But, excellent start to the season. Patriots can join the Giants as the two teams to lose the "banner" game. "We don't have enough room for our banners" oh boo hoo. 

8 hours ago, chad72 said:

When you start with a failed pass to Dwayne Allen and have to rely on Dorsett in desperate times, they did get what they deserved :)

I was only able to see the first half and saw the failed pass to Dwayne Allen and I laughed and laughed.  

What happened with Dorsett.  How did that go?

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Call me dumb but I still have them Repeating. It is just great seeing them lose for once at home because that never happens. Cooks is nowhere the WR Moss was, maybe losing Edleman was a bigger loss than people think?

The Bronco's won their SB long after Manning's decline was evident.  

I think the same could be true here.  Belichick will have to find ways to do it while putting less pressure on Brady, but he's the best in the business at covering weaknesses.

Also 3 or 4 years ago Kansas City dominated the Pats in a big blowout.  And everyone started questioning if they where done and no longer any good.  They then proceeded to dominate the rest of the season.

Maybe KC just has their number or something.  

I still think they repeat.  And I'm not going to be questioning that too much unless they are 1-3 or 0-4 through their first 4 games.  

It's only one game....  But it was a Big Game.    

After a very LONG off-season, and constantly  hearing how The Dynasty will go on and on,  and Brady will play for 5 more years, yada yada yada,     you really can't blame any of us being pleased by the game we watched last night.

Do I think they'll look like this all season?   No, probably not, but it was in any event, enjoyable to watch.

BTW...  Kudos to the Chiefs, coming very prepared and not the least bit intimidated playing on opening night, in Foxboro, after that lavish opening ceremony.   Well Done, Chiefs.   Well Done.

Yes, let's all celebrate the end of the Patriots dynasty. Of course, when they win 6-7 straight beginning next week we'll all come back down to Earth.

I have never understood why so many Colts fans relish the Pats losing. I was pulling for KC because they were the underdog, but some people are actually elated to see the Pats lose and actively root against them.  I am sure someone will bring up Spygate, Deflategate, etc., but it makes our fanbase look like we have a serious inferiority complex.

1 minute ago, Dudley Smith said:

Yes, let's all celebrate the end of the Patriots dynasty. Of course, when they win 6-7 straight beginning next week we'll all come back down to Earth.

I have never understood why so many Colts fans relish the Pats losing. I was pulling for KC because they were the underdog, but some people are actually elated to see the Pats lose and actively root against them.  I am sure someone will bring up Spygate, Deflategate, etc., but it makes our fanbase look like we have a serious inferiority complex.

Looks like you just did. :P

3 minutes ago, Dudley Smith said:

I admit it...  I'm not afraid to admit it...   I get great pleasure watching the Pats lose.   Always have.    I don't have an inferiority complex,  I just don't like the Pats.   

9 minutes ago, Dudley Smith said:

I am not a Colts fan and I enjoy watching the Pats lose. That was a great win by KC last night. 

3 minutes ago, Gramz said:

I admit it...  I'm not afraid to admit it...   I get great pleasure watching the Pats lose.   Always have.    I don't have an inferiority complex,  I just don't like the Pats.   

Yes, my wife and a couple of buddies all loathe the Pats as well. You certainly aren't alone. It is hard for me not to respect Belicheck and Brady though. I know that if they were our HC and QB we would worship the ground they walk on and wouldn't care at all that Brady liked putting less air in the football he throws. So for me to actively dislike them just because they aren't affiliated with my team and have experienced tremendous success over the course of the past 15 years, albeit sometimes in a dubious manner, seems like it is less about despising how they do things and more about envy.

1 minute ago, Dudley Smith said:

Yes, my wife and a couple of buddies all loathe the Pats as well. You certainly aren't alone. It is hard for me not to respect Belicheck and Brady though. I know that if they were our HC and QB we would worship the ground they walk on and wouldn't care at all that Brady liked putting less air in the football he throws. So for me to actively dislike them just because they aren't affiliated with my team and have experienced tremendous success over the course of the past 15 years, albeit sometimes in a dubious manner, seems like it is less about despising how they do things and more about envy.

No Envy here.   But everyone has their own take on things and  I can understand and appreciate your thinking.

I think for me, it's more about the fanbase. :dunno:     I am not a fan of arrogance. Never have been.   I was never a "fan" of N.E.,   but that intensified for me after joining this  forum several years ago, and dealing with certain arrogant N.E. fans.    

2 minutes ago, Gramz said:

No Envy here.   But everyone has their own take on things and  I can understand and appreciate your thinking.

I think for me, it's more about the fanbase. :dunno:     I am not a fan of arrogance. Never have been.   I was never a "fan" of N.E.,   but that intensified for me after joining this  forum several years ago, and dealing with certain arrogant N.E. fans.    

Pats fans certainly are spoiled. Cowherd actually just talked about how spoiled Boston fans are in general just yesterday on his show. My experience though is that every fanbase in any sport has their share of arrogant *s, but most fans are generally okay. Some fanbases are certainly worse than others though.

And we can try to act like it isn't due to envy that we enjoy seeing the Pats lose, but if you knew a bunch of arrogant Browns fans I doubt you would care one way or another when they lost. Am I right?

18 minutes ago, Dudley Smith said:

Pats fans certainly are spoiled. Cowherd actually just talked about how spoiled Boston fans are in general just yesterday on his show. My experience though is that every fanbase in any sport has their share of arrogant *s, but most fans are generally okay. Some fanbases are certainly worse than others though.

And we can try to act like it isn't due to envy that we enjoy seeing the Pats lose, but if you knew a bunch of arrogant Browns fans I doubt you would care one way or another when they lost. Am I right?

haha   I have several friends and family members who are Browns fans.  God Love them.   haha  

You're right, I don't get too worked up about Browns losses, but I am happy for family members when they do win.  That's a different scenario altogether.

I can, without a doubt, however.... assure you, when it comes to the Pats,  Envy is not a feeling I personally have.   I can only speak for myself, though.

37 minutes ago, Dudley Smith said:

I have never understood why so many Colts fans relish the Pats losing.

their fans do the same to us

read any colts article on nfl.com or espn.com

the comments will be full of patriots fans bringing up deflategate, suck for luck and irsay's drug issues

31 minutes ago, Dudley Smith said:

Yes, let's all celebrate the end

Don't care what it makes me look like, it is 100% about "Spygate, Deflategate, etc.". In a league that has gone out of its way to promote parity, the Pats are the team that somehow stays uber competitive and are also the team that keeps getting caught cheating.  Pretty easy to put two and two together.  What makes it worse for Colt fans is the realization that the Pat cheating was concurrent to our best Manning- led teams (inexplicably) losing to the Pats in the playoffs.   Can't help but wonder how many SBs the Colts were duped out of.  So, you just can't wave these scandals off with a flip of your hand...

52 minutes ago, Dudley Smith said:

It's not just Colts fans. It's everyone, unless the Pats play a division rival.

3 minutes ago, Archer said:

Don't care what it makes me look like, it is 100% about "Spygate, Deflategate, etc.". In a league that has gone out of its way to promote parity, the Pats are the team that somehow stays uber competitive and are also the team that keeps getting caught cheating.  Pretty easy to put two and two together.  What makes it worse for Colt fans is the realization that the Pat cheating was concurrent to our best Manning- led teams (inexplicably) losing to the Pats in the playoffs.   Can't help but wonder how many SBs the Colts were duped out of.  So, you just can't wave these scandals off with a flip of your hand...

Alright, don't put me in a position that I have to defend the Pats! Seriously though, saying that the Colts "inexplicably" lost the Pats during the Manning years is a bit of a stretch. The insinuation that the Pats were cheating in order to beat the Colts in those years would be complete speculation. It's not like they were completely devoid of any talent and the only explanation was that they were pulling shenanigans in order to win.

To be honest, I thought the whole deflategate thing was pretty silly. Especially since the Colts got blasted after a normal football was introduced but had kept it close while Brady had his preferred flat football.

Its a long season....its why 19-0 thing was so dumb to talk about until say a team at least goes half the season undefeated. You have your #1 receiver go down. You lose his back up half way through the game...you lose your starting middle linebacker and you already replaced your olb who retired with a Detroit Lion cast-off....you can see how easy it is for things to spiral quick. Brady will bounce back and Bill will get this team put back together....I think they will have their ups and downs....likely still win division...say 12-4 and still get a bye...but this team is beatable...its just in a bad division and the weaker conference. They did run the ball pretty well yesterday and I look for them to do a lot more of that and two TE sets with Allen and Gronk. They can only really trust Hogan and Cooks.....Dorsett hasn't even had a full week of practice to learn that complex offense. He will be used to clear out the underneath routes but Allen I think is going to get a chance to play a big role in the coming weeks imo.

9 minutes ago, Gramz said:

One last thought..... before heading off to work.

One of the biggest pleasures of watching the Pats lose,   Pat's fans are normally scarce around here the next day :) 

I was thinking about you during that tennessee game on Monday! Insane!