Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Zeke suspension upheld

jvan1973

12 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

But he gets to play week one.  I'm sure the giants are thrilled..

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000839569/article/ezekiel-elliotts-6game-ban-upheld-will-play-vs-giants

I still say that suspension is complete bullcrap that girl was a proven liar but yet they still buy her story over Zekes.

35 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

I still say that suspension is complete bullcrap that girl was a proven liar but yet they still buy her story over Zekes.

They looked into the multiple conduct issues that Zeke had in a short window to help their claim.  He was in altercations at bars and had the issue with pulling the girls top down.  So they are trying to build a case of multiple issues to help their side.  The Federal court if he chooses to go that route will be similar to Brady IMO.  It will drag out over time and he will still sit out for the 6 games.

I look at this from two perspectives...

1. It's interesting that the NFL didn't really allow due process to take shape. The credibility of the accuser ought to be fully vetted by those that deal with these types of cases all the time. How the NFL is a better judge ,jury and executioner than the American legal system - for all its inherent flaws - is an awfully big pill to swallow...

2. Zeke is - directly or indirectly, it doesn't matter - an employee of the NFL. I believe a private employer has the right to hire, fire, discipline, etc. any employee as they see fit. He represents the company, in their opinion, he represented it poorly and therefore he was disciplined. That requires no legal intervention...the only claim you could really make is that "firing" Zeke from the NFL in a situation where there are no other competitive companies in this country where Zeke can be gainfully employed might raise some ire...but I think pro sports leagues ended being exempt from anti-trust noise and all that...so I'm guessing that would be squashed if it ever came to that...

So really it boils down to philosophical...do I need the league to instill morality and virtue in its players with the hopes of it influencing its fans to do same (is that even the goal? Who the hell knows...it's pretty random what the NFL considers good or bad...Michael Vick vs. Donte Stallworth; Ray Rice one day vs. Ray Rice a different day, etc.). I watch the NFL to be entertained - a somewhat fleeting notion, maybe - but I don't need them to supersede the law to protect little ol' me...

Then again...who asked me anyway...

1 hour ago, DaColts85 said:

They looked into the multiple conduct issues that Zeke had in a short window to help their claim.  He was in altercations at bars and had the issue with pulling the girls top down.  So they are trying to build a case of multiple issues to help their side.  The Federal court if he chooses to go that route will be similar to Brady IMO.  It will drag out over time and he will still sit out for the 6 games.

That doesn't make you automatically guilty and this women is already a proven gold digger caught in multiple lies and they never really did have a shed of proof against him there for he shouldn't be suspended even one of the lead nfl investigators recommended no suspension so somebody should tell Adolf Goodell to stop being a fill in the blank and suspending players without viable proof of their guilt.

1 hour ago, jameszeigler834 said:

That doesn't make you automatically guilty and this women is already a proven gold digger caught in multiple lies and they never really did have a shed of proof against him there for he shouldn't be suspended even one of the lead nfl investigators recommended no suspension so somebody should tell Adolf Goodell to stop being a fill in the blank and suspending players without viable proof of their guilt.

Oh I do not disagree with you.  I was just saying they are building their side off of multiple events and not just the lady. I mean they do not have much on their side, for proof, but somehow the NFL will still prevail.  If anything I see this being similar t o Brady, as in Zeke plays this year and continues to fight this in court.  Who knows though.

3 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

Oh I do not disagree with you.  I was just saying they are building their side off of multiple events and not just the lady. I mean they do not have much on their side, for proof, but somehow the NFL will still prevail.  If anything I see this being similar t o Brady, as in Zeke plays this year and continues to fight this in court.  Who knows though.

You're probably right

5 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Zeke still has another incident where he pulled a girl's shirt down. Besides, the NFL isn't a court of law. They don't have to prove reasonable doubt. Like any other business, if an employee were to do something like this, they would be punished, or fired. In Zeke's case, he's being suspended.

1 hour ago, IndyScribe said:

Zeke still has another incident where he pulled a girl's shirt down. Besides, the NFL isn't a court of law. They don't have to prove reasonable doubt. Like any other business, if an employee were to do something like this, they would be punished, or fired. In Zeke's case, he's being suspended.

Its crap.

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 9:44 AM, jameszeigler834 said:

It doenst matter what the woman (proven gold digger is probably an opinion) is...and Goddell didn't uphold the penalty.

The NFL either ignores domestic violence or they don't.........

Ezekiel was involved ....5 police reports over 3 days...

.....I don't believe the violence phots are faked.....

The person Goddell put in charge of domestic violence signed off on the penalty.

The lead investigator differed but she was overruled..

There's a lot of evidence that Ezekiel mistreated the woman.'

He should settle with her privately..apologize to anyone who was wronged publically... ..and move on.

Dragging it out only hurts him in the long run

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 7:10 AM, jameszeigler834 said:

http://www.tmz.com/2017/08/11/ezekiel-elliott-domestic-violence-injury-photos/

Plus these photos. Look the girl could be lying...but Zeke has a history from his other incidents at OSU, pulling the top down, and then buying drugs in Seattle. Neither are necessarily saints here man. Its the same thing with the Brady stuff...this isn't a court of law....prepoundance of evidence....there is enough smoke for the NFL to take the side of the young lady and to think its in their best interest to suspend him. This girl might be a gold digger...maybe a liar...but that doesn't mean that wrong doing didn't happen. You can be with somebody for all the wrong reasons and that person still hurt you. Same goes for Zeke he might have made mistakes but maybe he didn't do this....but with all the accusations and the photos around it... the NFL is playing this safe...they don't need this continued narrative that its players beat women....its a bad look for the NFL.

50 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Plus these photos. Look the girl could be lying...but Zeke has a history from his other incidents at OSU, pulling the top down, and then buying drugs in Seattle. Neither are necessarily saints here man. Its the same thing with the Brady stuff...this isn't a court of law....prepoundance of evidence....there is enough smoke for the NFL to take the side of the young lady and to think its in their best interest to suspend him. This girl might be a gold digger...maybe a liar...but that doesn't mean that wrong doing didn't happen. You can be with somebody for all the wrong reasons and that person still hurt you. Same goes for Zeke he might have made mistakes but maybe he didn't do this....but with all the accusations and the photos around it... the NFL is playing this safe...they don't need this continued narrative that its players beat women....its a bad look for the NFL.

I never said he was an angel I'm saying he isn't guilty otherwise he would have had charges.

54 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

I never said he was an angel I'm saying he isn't guilty otherwise he would have had charges.

And again - this isn't a court.  This is discipline from a private employer.  Employers have been known to fire people for what they post on Facebook.  That isn't a crime, but it might be against company policy.

He isn't being convicted of a crime.  He is being punished for giving the NFL a black eye.   I think their hope is he will change his ways a bit.

8 hours ago, dgambill said:

She was in a fight with another woman at a bar the night before these photos were taken.

Dissenting opinion of the ruling was squelched and hidden from the NFLPA. Only discovery revealed it. 

Court ruled today in favor of an injunction against the suspension, meaning he will play out the season 

You guys should read the judges words in regard to the NFL process and Goodell. It's quite damning.

The NFL was so determined to suspend Zeke because of domestic violence group pressure and trying to bring in more female viewership, that they ended up railroading this man with a corrupt procedure. 

I don't care if it is a business punishing an employee. Some rights can not simply be signed away to a commissioner. The man has been publicly branded a woman beater by a corrupt process when 2 different DA'S in 2 different states declined to. They have eliminated any possible endorsement deals for him because a white woman got * because a black man fumped her when he was about to cash in. Zeke can probably now sue the NFL and Goodell personally for who knows how much.

• 1 month later...
On 9/8/2017 at 9:07 PM, Iron Colt said:

She was in a fight with another woman at a bar the night before these photos were taken.

Dissenting opinion of the ruling was squelched and hidden from the NFLPA. Only discovery revealed it. 

Court ruled today in favor of an injunction against the suspension, meaning he will play out the season 

You guys should read the judges words in regard to the NFL process and Goodell. It's quite damning.

The NFL was so determined to suspend Zeke because of domestic violence group pressure and trying to bring in more female viewership, that they ended up railroading this man with a corrupt procedure. 

I don't care if it is a business punishing an employee. Some rights can not simply be signed away to a commissioner. The man has been publicly branded a woman beater by a corrupt process when 2 different DA'S in 2 different states declined to. They have eliminated any possible endorsement deals for him because a white woman got * because a black man fumped her when he was about to cash in. Zeke can probably now sue the NFL and Goodell personally for who knows how much.

Fifth Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals in in New Orleans vacated Elliott's preliminary injunction and Zeke has to leave Cowboys premises immediately.  NFLPA is scrambling to re-file (in court in NY most likely)

The NFL wasted no time announcing Elliott's six-game suspension would start immediately after court ruling.