Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How long would you wait to get Andrew Luck in fantasy draft?

bap1331

Andrew Luck is always on my team and the problem is that my fantasy team name is based on Luck (Which is worse if i dont draft him). There dont seem to be any Colts fans in our prize league on NFL Fantasy. NFL Fantasy website has a mock draft going for Luck at Round 14. I dont wanna go that far, it's too risky.

My 1st round pick aim is to go for Laveon Bell, then Gronkowski or Matt Ryan (I have a real feeling Matt Ryan is going to come back very angry.) in the second, and Demarco Murray in the 3rd. How would you go about this?

I know its hard to resist but i always like Luck and TY Hilton on my team...

On 9/5/2017 at 1:13 AM, bap1331 said:

Andrew Luck is always on my team and the problem is that my fantasy team name is based on Luck (Which is worse if i dont draft him). There dont seem to be any Colts fans in our prize league on NFL Fantasy. NFL Fantasy website has a mock draft going for Luck at Round 14. I dont wanna go that far, it's too risky.

My 1st round pick aim is to go for Laveon Bell, then Gronkowski or Matt Ryan (I have a real feeling Matt Ryan is going to come back very angry.) in the second, and Demarco Murray in the 3rd. How would you go about this?

Uh,   that's a terrible draft strategy.   If you don't believe me,  ask any one else on earth that plays fantasy

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 1:13 AM, bap1331 said:

Using fandom on your fantasy team is not the way to win it. Taking any QB before at least getting a top RB and WR is risky. If you take Ryan then you don't draft another QB till the end rounds of your draft. There is only 20 or 30 points from the top QB to the last starting QB on the year.

On 9/5/2017 at 1:13 AM, bap1331 said:

That's a bad strategy, outside of the first round. Go WRs and RBs first. I would wait until Round 6 or 7, unless you're drafting against a Colts fan.

12 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Using fandom on your fantasy team is not the way to win it. Taking any QB before at least getting a top RB and WR is risky. If you take Ryan then you don't draft another QB till the end rounds of your draft. There is only 20 or 30 points from the top QB to the last starting QB on the year.

Usually what ill do if someone takes the good runningbacks in the first round is ill pick up 2 good quarterbacks so i can use them for ransom when the guys with the runningbacks need a qb. LOL.

Theres not that many good RBs nowadays that put up big numbers. Alot of teams use alot of 1-2 punches. Maybe even 3 runningbacks. Like the Patriots are not dependable with RBs.

55 minutes ago, bap1331 said:

Usually what ill do if someone takes the good runningbacks in the first round is ill pick up 2 good quarterbacks so i can use them for ransom when the guys with the runningbacks need a qb. LOL.

Theres not that many good RBs nowadays that put up big numbers. Alot of teams use alot of 1-2 punches. Maybe even 3 runningbacks. Like the Patriots are not dependable with RBs.

If that is the case then the guys you are playing with don't know how to draft. I think in my last draft I drafted Dak Prescott and Cam Newton in the 6th and 7t round after I drafted my RBs and WRs plus drafting Gronk. That was in a 12 team draft too.

On 9/4/2017 at 11:13 PM, bap1331 said:

I won't comment on the strategy of this as it seems like it's already been covered, but to answer your original question, I grabbed Luck as my backup last night in late round 11.

• 9 months later...
On 9/4/2017 at 11:13 PM, bap1331 said:

From a fantasy standpoint, I think the best case scenario for draft Andrew Luck in '18 is you take him in round 10 (preferably later) & stash him on your bench the first half of the season, & he eventually gets hot & wins some games for you. You'll regret drafting him as your QB1.

On 9/7/2017 at 11:55 AM, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I won't comment on the strategy of this as it seems like it's already been covered, but to answer your original question, I grabbed Luck as my backup last night in late round 11.

That's the disadvantage of playing in a league off this forum with all Colts fans.  Luck will go way sooner then that in our draft.

I think a lot is going to depend upon pre-season and training camp.  His fantasy draft stock will go up considerably if he's doing good in TC and shows well in pre-season games.  

It's all the result of his injury and if he's showing that his injury isn't an issue anymore then he'll move up quite a bit. 

37 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

That's the disadvantage of playing in a league off this forum with all Colts fans.  Luck will go way sooner then that in our draft.

I think a lot is going to depend upon pre-season and training camp.  His fantasy draft stock will go up considerably if he's doing good in TC and shows well in pre-season games.  

It's all the result of his injury and if he's showing that his injury isn't an issue anymore then he'll move up quite a bit. 

I'll have my eye on him in every league I'm in, no doubt, but I'm likely not taking him prior to round 10. I have no problem rolling with someone like Eli Manning as my starter.

17 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I'll have my eye on him in every league I'm in, no doubt, but I'm likely not taking him prior to round 10. I have no problem rolling with someone like Eli Manning as my starter.

I think if he's doing good in pre-season then he'll go way earlier then the 10th round.

• 1 month later...
On 8/7/2018 at 4:59 PM, Narcosys said:

Currently I've done 30 mocks, he's gone in the 11th round 27 of those times.

Wait until after the 3rd game of the pre-season.

If he's done well in the pre-season he will move up.  Now there is probably a ceiling to how high he moves up, probably not much higher then the 6th round.  

On 8/9/2018 at 9:14 PM, Valpo2004 said:

Wait until after the 3rd game of the pre-season.

If he's done well in the pre-season he will move up.  Now there is probably a ceiling to how high he moves up, probably not much higher then the 6th round.  

True, rodgers is going in the 4th and 5th, newton follows almost always in the 6th, and Wilson is shortly after. Idk if he jumps them though.

On 8/10/2018 at 5:43 PM, Narcosys said:

True, rodgers is going in the 4th and 5th, newton follows almost always in the 6th, and Wilson is shortly after. Idk if he jumps them though.

Thing is if he's healthy, Luck is a top 5 fantasy QB.  Now there are legit questions about his health, but if he makes it through the pre-season and looks ok, I just can't imagine a top 5 when healthy player at any position falling to the 11th round.