Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brock Osweiler

oldunclemark

6 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Paxton must be terrible

exactly.....they apparently cant risk putting him on the field this year.......just not ready

Mike McCoy was Osweiler's first offensive coordinator..

.....and Brock has the same starting receivers as when he left for 'greener pastures'

Edited by oldunclemark

If he's not broken then this is a steal for Denver and a new lease on life for Ossy. I think he's broken though.

Bill O'Brien is the bizarro Bill Belichik. They even have the same name lol! None of it is ever his fault just like none of Bill Belichik's success is none of of his doing. How many capable quarterbacks have been through Houston now??? I said capable not GOAT...Keenum, Ossy, Fitz, Savage, Hoyer. Am I missing any?

I do fear for the Colts but not because of this clown.

46 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Paxton must be terrible

He looked like Tebow this preseason.

If he were a late rd pick, he would've been cut. Not sure if Elway's ego can swallow admitting the kid is a bust.

He's also injured now. They waived Kyle Sloter UDFA, who looked the best of all 3 Denver QBs (though he played mostly against 3rd stringers), to make room for Osweiler and have a vet QB as a backup in case Siemian goes down.

41 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Lynch isnt a bust..not yet..

He just didn't play a prostyle offense in college.....he's not ready

Most qbs coming out of college didn't play in a pro style offense in college.  He is a bust because of where he was drafted

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

Most qbs coming out of college didn't play in a pro style offense in college.  He is a bust because of where he was drafted

Hold on....Skip Bayless......Its been one year

Most don't play in their first year either...unless there's nobody else...or they're a last place team.

A few do..Most don't.

To me, if you end up starting and playing well, you werent a bust no matter where you were drafted.  You just don't know what Paxton Lynch will do in the future

Edited by oldunclemark

57 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Most don't play in their first year either...unless there's nobody else...or they're a last place team.

A few do..Most don't.

To me, if you end up starting and playing well, you werent a bust no matter where you were drafted.  You just don't know what Paxton Lynch will do in the future

He isn't a rookie.   He is a bust considering where he was drafted.   He isn't even the backup now

7 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

A few do..Most don't.

Not many high pick QBs out there who aren't starters by year 2 (he's not playing behind Brett Favre or some other HOFer either) and have looked as terrible as Lynch has looked so far. I don't think his flaws will improve by experience that much that he'd develop into a good QB.

A big reason why Osweiler ended up in Houston is because the Broncos didn't want to match the Texans' offer because they thought Houston was overpaying. Eighteen months later, we now know that Elway was definitely right about that, and Elway is now going to get the quarterback he originally wanted at a bargain. 

According to La Canfora, Osweiler's deal with the Broncos is for the veteran minimum of $775,000, which is good news for Denver and bad news for Cleveland.

Osweiler's contract with the Browns included a guaranteed base salary of $16 million, which means he's going to get that in 2017 no matter what. Osweiler's new deal in Denver means that the Broncos will pay him $775,000 of that $16 million and the Browns will pay the rest, which comes out to roughly $15,225,000. 

Hey, at least the Browns got a second-round pick out for that money. 

40 minutes ago, Synthetic said:

Broncos lmao

The gift that keeps on giving...year 2 of the Super Bowl hang over is coming. Elway isn't going to be seen as a genius GM in the future with these kind of moves....

Why,  he signed a backup qb for league minimum.  Not an earth shattering deal

2 hours ago, Synthetic said:

Broncos lmao

The gift that keeps on giving...year 2 of the Super Bowl hang over is coming. Elway isn't going to be seen as a genius GM in the future with these kind of moves....

Or maybe he is.  He wanted to keep Osweiler, but not at the price Houston offered. Now he has him back at a fraction of the cost. :dunno:

On 9/2/2017 at 6:23 PM, Finball said:

They waived Kyle Sloter UDFA, who looked the best of all 3 Denver QBs (though he played mostly against 3rd stringers), to make room for Osweiler and have a vet QB as a backup in case Siemian goes down.

The Vikings signed Sloter to their practice squad. He must have had a good preseason because apparently a few teams wanted to sign him. The Vikings will pay him $20k per week to be a member of the practice squad. That is about 3 times what most PS players receive.

Did you get to see him play? If so, what did you like about him?

51 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

The Vikings signed Sloter to their practice squad. He must have had a good preseason because apparently a few teams wanted to sign him. The Vikings will pay him $20k per week to be a member of the practice squad. That is about 3 times what most PS players receive.

I watched him NFL man and he's got potential....very raw...small college guy..make some questionable decisons

But he isn't  afraid......he isn't tentative.....good arm ....good feet and he can run some

Bronco fans wanted to keep him but he was never going to play for Denver....their 'project' is Chad Kelly.

Sloter got to play a lot in the pre-season and, just from what I saw..

..... If he can sit and learn a year....he's at least a backup in the NFL....at least

8 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I watched him NFL man and he's got potential....very raw...small college guy..make some questionable decisons

But he isn't  afraid......he isn't tentative.....good arm ....good feet and he can run some

Bronco fans wanted to keep him but he was never going to play for Denver....their 'project' is Chad Kelly.

..... If he can sit and learn a year....he's at least a backup in the NFL....at least

Yeah, I'd agree with above. He's very raw, and probably can't be counted on to be a backup this year which is why he wasn't claimed. But showed some potential too as indicated by the price Vikings paid to sign him to their PS and how many teams wanted him. Has only played QB for one year and at FCS level too.. But he has good traits, good mobility for 6'4 guy, decent arm, accuracy and showed ability to make lots of different throws that a guy like Lynch hasn't shown he can do.

And FWIW, there's almost 60 page thread at one Broncos forum about Sloter being cut.

Happy to hear that. What I dislike most about Sam Bradford is that he is so gunshy. Anyway, a scout wrote this about Sloter:

Comparing Sloter to the other 2017 quarterback prospects, I would describe him as a taller (by nearly three inches), more athletic version of Patrick Mahomes…and more like a cross between Davis Webb and Mitchell Trubisky. Throwing accuracy and character more like Webb, and the quick release, downfield accuracy and instincts of Trubisky…but far more ‘raw’ than any of the top guys, obviously.

https://www.collegefootballmetrics.com/members/the-surreal-story-of-2017-nfl-draft-qb-prospect-kyle-sloter/

I am still hoping that Teddy Bridgewater comes back but I look forward to seeing this guy in the future.

1 minute ago, Finball said:

Yeah, I'd agree with above. He's very raw, and probably can't be counted on to be a backup this year which is why he wasn't claimed. But showed some potential too as indicated by the price Vikings paid to sign him to their PS and how many teams wanted him. Has only played QB for one year and at FCS level too.. But he has good traits, good mobility for 6'4 guy, arm, accuracy and showed ability to make lots of different throws that a guy like Lynch hasn't shown he can do.

And FWIW, there's almost 60 page thread at one Broncos forum about Sloter being cut.

Thank you for posting this. Too bad we did not have him in training camp. I look forward to seeing him next training camp.

15 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Their project is Paxton Lynch.  The first rounder the took a year ago