Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017 NFL Waiver Wire And Player Cut Thread

LucasOilStadium

Hi, Colts fans.  Colts and the rest of the NFL teams must cut down form 90 players to 53 players by Saturday Afternoon, September 2, at the 4:00PM Eastern Standard Time deadline.

NFL.com I'm sure will breakdown, and announce the breaking news, the player cuts and waiver wire and even trades by team on their website, roundtable discussions on the NFL Network, and tweets by Adam Schefter among a few sources.

As many as 1,200 players league wide will know their fate by Saturday afternoon to meet the deadline.

4 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Steelers cut Knile Davis

Davis is bad and they have much better RBs, so it's not surprising.

1 minute ago, RockThatBlue said:

Brock Osweiler has been cut, per sources

Not surprising. Browns have better QBs on the roster and no team was realistically going to trade for him.

Actually, I'd look into signing Osweiler.  Would probably have to compete with another team in bidding, so I'd be cautious, but having him on the team would be a nice addition.

Osweiler is like Cutler.  Got paid big to be the elite QB he never can be, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have value at the right price.

16 hours ago, Finball said:

He was terrible last year. Worst olineman I've ever seen as a regular starter.

Yep, TJ was bad. I blame the coaching staff. He needed a redshirt year to develop. They threw him to the wolves as a rookie with an already bad line. He started all 16 games as a rookie. He had only a year or so of experience playing OL before being drafted. He needed more time to develop.

Anyway, I hope some other team claims him, but that is unlikely.

11 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Why not the Colts? Is there any position that you think the Colts can upgrade?

I'm not sure if the Colts should or not, tbh. I wouldn't hate the move but TJ Green and Hooker need to play some this year IMO. 

I think we could use a Right Tackle. Nobody will cut a good one though unfortunately lol.