Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

CB Joe Haden Cut

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool was hoping somebody was talking about this already. I really like Joe Haden but no way am I breaking the bank for him. Injuries are killing us, but no need to be desperate. We can have a great off season next year if we don't panic and blow all our $ on aging vets. 

5-7 mil 1 or 2 years and I'm happy AF!!

Just now, ColtsArmy84 said:

We have over 20M in cap. I would do a 1 year deal for somewhere in the 3-5M range

Think its about 17 mil not 100 saw that in a tweet haha. Agreed on the price tho. The 1 year small pay deals I think have added up, but won't affect us next year witch is great

9 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

I would sign him in hopes he does better than Corey White or Culliver

I actually really like Culliver as a cover corner. Also has that swag you love to see in a corner, always barking and getting in WR heads. Not a good tackler and aging with injury history tho. And I'd take Joe Haden over him all day, but hey for the right price we can maybe have both!

While we are over here bickering about whether we should offer him $5M or $7M watch the Pats swoop in and sign him and have the best 3 CB tandem in the NFL.  Man we should offer this guy a 2 or 3 year deal pending a physical.  Having him even at $7-9M for the next 2 season is immensely better than trotting out the Melvin's and Culliver's and Milton's and Hairston's etc.

2 minutes ago, Tmoney said:

I actually really like Culliver as a cover corner. Also has that swag you love to see in a corner, always barking and getting in WR heads. Not a good tackler and aging with injury history tho. And I'd take Joe Haden over him all day, but hey for the right price we can maybe have both!

I would love the ability to make our secondary better for the right price that is.  To have Haden (hopefully with a chip on his shoulder) and Culliver, who hopefully can play still.  That would be solid because we know Davis is going to try and get on the field ASAP.

2 minutes ago, tikyle said:

While we are over here bickering about whether we should offer him $5M or $7M watch the Pats swoop in and sign him and have the best 3 CB tandem in the NFL.  Man we should offer this guy a 2 or 3 year deal pending a physical.  Having him even at $7-9M for the next 2 season is immensely better than trotting out the Melvin's and Culliver's and Milton's and Hairston's etc.

Let them over pay for him then. Joe Haden has had 2 at best average years with injury concerns. Not everything they do is perfect, they gave us a 4th for Dwayne Allen, he's looking terrible in their camp while we took Marlon Mack

Haden was the 88th rated corner last year.  He was targeted a lot, gave up the most TD passes (6), and had a high QB rating against him.  Injuries have rendered him ineffective.  The Browns cut him so they wouldn't have to pay his $11 million guaranteed salary for this season.

5 minutes ago, byrddawg said:

Do the Colts really need another injury prone player?   While we are not strong at this position, if he can not be on the field he does not really help

That's the biggest concern thats why I'm not willing to have a bidding war with other teams. If they want to over pay be my guest. If he wants fair pay and a chance for a starting job come to Indy

If it happens then I trust the Colts front office believes Haden can help us. 

That said, the Browns just cut him for a reason. 

Haden has been hurt a lot, and he was never a fast corner to begin with. 

I think his days of playing man corner could be way behind him. Might have to be in a zone scheme or move to safety now. Is he capable of that? I don't know, but it's not what we are looking for. 

Just my two cents. 

2 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I have a friend who is a Browns fan and they told me Joe Haden is always getting hurt and that hes not even that good anymore. They are pretty happy he was cut.

I think I'll pass.

The injury issue is something that would concern me and makes me believe Ballard probably has not even thought about making this move.  But, just because of the past does not mean he can't have a solid future.  It has happened before.  If he wants to play and we can get him for cheap...I have no problem seeing what he can do.  1-year contract at the most though.

It would be risky signing Haden because of his past injuries; not sure how good he is anymore. Other players we've gotten from the Browns were busts for the Colts (everyone knows who they are without mentioning names) . If the Browns released him, there was a good reason. I would  pass. 

18 minutes ago, Tmoney said:

Let them over pay for him then. Joe Haden has had 2 at best average years with injury concerns. Not everything they do is perfect, they gave us a 4th for Dwayne Allen, he's looking terrible in their camp while we took Marlon Mack

Speaking of this, I have a feeling Allen is going to get cut.

1 hour ago, RockThatBlue said:

I have a friend who is a Browns fan and they told me Joe Haden is always getting hurt and that hes not even that good anymore. They are pretty happy he was cut.

I think I'll pass.

That seems fairly accurate from what I've seen but I think he can still play at starting corner level if he's put injuries behind him. I think he started relatively well last season before getting hurt, making some crazy good plays like the INT against Ravens in the first game.

I'd be interested as he'll probably be cheap. Guys who get cut late August won't get big contracts.

1 hour ago, MarquisJ said:

do we really want someone the browns had to cut from their team

Bad teams can cut good, useful players too. That's why they stay bad. Like Taylor Gabriel. Different situation but this is the Browns after all.