Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Most Viral NFL Stories:

shakedownstreet

Would love to go this year without hearing Colin Kaepernick's name every week since he's not even signed to an NFL team and while we can debate about his play last year, he still looked awful in a number of games to the point I wouldn't want him as my starting QB (he got benched for Blaine freaking Gabbert, so he can't be that great anymore). Everyone has an opinion on it and that's fine, but at this point, it's old and worn out and I would be happy to move on from him. 

5 minutes ago, King Colt said:

I would love to see the Browns surprise everyone this year. The Browns fans are like the Cubs fans in baseball.

Yeah Browns fans are really loyal like us Cubs fans. I have been a Cubs fan since 1984, finally paying off now. Unfortunately for the Brown I don't see them winning more than maybe 3 or 4 games.

9 minutes ago, King Colt said:

I would love to see the Browns surprise everyone this year. The Browns fans are like the Cubs fans in baseball.

I'll get some heat for this, but I disagree. Browns fans are very loyal to their team and always have been, they have some of the best fans in the NFL, despite what they go through year after year. Cubs fans never even acknowledged their team for the most part until a few years ago when the rebuild started and then they were flooded with Bandwagon fans once they won the WS. The Browns fans are loud and proud and have always voiced their opinions win or lose, the Cubs fans only started speaking up and bragging once they won the WS, most of them weren't saying anything when they were struggling and losing to the Cards on a yearly basis, probably because most of the current Cubs fanbase weren't fans during those times (and if you were, then good for you I apologize, but there weren't many, and you never heard from them).

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I'll get some heat for this, but I disagree. Browns fans are very loyal to their team and always have been, they have some of the best fans in the NFL, despite what they go through year after year. Cubs fans never even acknowledged their team for the most part until a few years ago when the rebuild started and then they were flooded with Bandwagon fans once they won the WS. The Browns fans are loud and proud and have always voiced their opinions win or lose, the Cubs fans only started speaking up and bragging once they won the WS, most of them weren't saying when they were struggling and losing to the Cards on a yearly basis, probably because most of the current Cubs fanbase weren't fans during those times (and if you were, then good for you I apologize, but there weren't many, and you never heard from them).

I like you Jared but you are way off on this. Cubs fans have been loyal for 30/40 years, some more than that. They even sell out games in May when they sucked.

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I like you Jared but you are way off on this. Cubs fans have been loyal for 30/40 years, some more than that. They even sell out game in May when they sucked.

Well, I'm going off of online, CBSSports and lots of the bigger forums where the Cubs crowd was small before the rebuild and drastically increased once the Cubs got Kris Bryant and won the World Series. After that, the forums went up from about 100 comments on gameday to upwards of 700, a lot of those being either new fans from Chicago that now care about the team because they're good, or fans of other teams that are suddenly Cubs fans. I also didn't hear anyone bragging about being a Cubs fan before the WS win. Every team has some people, but yours was very quiet, at least in the online community until last year. On here, it may of been different, but this is 5-10 Cubs fans here, and it doesn't represent any majority at all or enough sample size to discern anything from a normal Cubs forum site.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I like you Jared but you are way off on this. Cubs fans have been loyal for 30/40 years, some more than that. They even sell out games in May when they sucked.

Yep, there are plenty of very loyal long time Cubs fans.  Especially those in central Indiana who were able to pick of fuzzy games from WGN over antenna or listen to crackly AM radio (where sometime there was so much static you could barely make out the occasional "Hey, hey" and wonder who hit it).    I am one of those fans who was adjusting the antenna with a wrench or listening to WGN AM to get every game I could starting around 1969.

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Well, I'm going off of online, CBSSports and lots of the bigger forums where the Cubs crowd was small before the rebuild and drastically increased once the Cubs got Kris Bryant and won the World Series. After that, the forums went up from about 100 comments on gameday to upwards of 700, a lot of those being either new fans from Chicago that now care about the team because their good, or fans of other teams that are suddenly Cubs fans. I also didn't hear anyway bragging about being a Cubs fan before the WS win. Every team has some people, but yours was very quiet, at least in the online community until last year. On here, it may of been different, but this is 5-10 Cubs fans here, and it doesn't represent any majority at all or enough sample size to discern anything from a normal Cubs forum site.

On line of course you will find that because nobody will Post about a bad team daily no matter how big of fan but I remember 1987 we sold out every game and were 10 games below .500. People just got tickets to see Andre Dawson.

2 minutes ago, ponyboy said:

Yep, there are plenty of very loyal long time Cubs fans.  Especially those in central Indiana who were able to pick of fuzzy games from WGN over antenna or listen to crackly AM radio (where sometime there was so much static you could barely make out the occasional "Hey, hey" and wonder who hit it).    I am one of those fans who was adjusting the antenna with a wrench or listening to WGN AM to get every game I could starting around 1969.

I started following the Cubs in 1984 because they were on WGN every day and I was WOW'd by Harry's announcing and the Cubs were great that season too. Loved Sandberg and have been a fan ever since.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

On line of course you will find that because nobody will Post about a bad team daily no matter how big of fan but I remember 1987 we sold out every game and were 10 games below .500. People just got tickets to see Andre Dawson.

I guess the narrative just frustrated me. I believe in conspiracy theories and rigged games, and it seemed the media was praying that the Cubs would win the WS for a good story. It's the WWE Wrestling effect that has been placed on me lol. You probably do have a loyal fanbase (as every team does), but you can't deny the Cubs probably have the biggest bandwagon fanbase as well now besides the Yankees. I won't go any further as I don't want to get into a big argument over this, still kinda on edge to see what happens with Luck today. :thmup:

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I guess the narrative just frustrated me. I believe in conspiracy theories and rigged games, and it seemed the media was praying that the Cubs would win the WS for a good story. It's the WWE Wrestling effect that has been placed on me lol. You probably do have a loyal fanbase (as every team does), but you can't deny the Cubs probably have the biggest bandwagon fanbase as well now besides the Yankees. I won't go any further as I don't want to get into a big argument over this, still kinda on edge to see what happens with Luck today. :thmup:

Yeah I hope Andrew gets off of Pup. No I am not taking this as a debate, maybe you have ran across a bunch of bandwagon fans. Every fan base has them, Look at the Warriors and Cavs LOL. I am not even sure if the Cubs will Repeat. Dodgers are the team to beat actually but I have been a loyal Cubs fan for over 30 years and have enjoyed other years other than the last 3. 1984 and 1987 were great to me, so was 2003.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I hope Andrew gets off of Pup. No I am not taking this as a debate, maybe you have ran across a bunch of bandwagon fans. Every fan base has them, Look at the Warriors and Cavs LOL. I am not even sure if the Cubs will Repeat. Dodgers are the team to beat actually but I have been a loyal Cubs fan for over 30 years and have enjoyed other years other than the last 3. 1984 and 1987 were great to me, so was 2003.

Dodgers were showing their human side the last couple weeks, but Kershaw is back now, so he'll be eased into pitching normal games by the playoffs now for sure. I'm going to enjoy the playoff race, especially from the AL side, so many teams bunched up this year. Cubs should win their division, but they are far from a shoe in to repeat this year (as you said).

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Dodgers were showing their human side the last couple weeks, but Kershaw is back now, so he'll be eased into pitching normal games by the playoffs now for sure. I'm going to enjoy the playoff race, especially from the AL side, so many teams bunched up this year. Cubs should win their division, but they are far from a shoe in to repeat this year (as you said).

Yeah as of now regarding the AL it's a coin flip between the Astros/Redsox/Indians IMO. Astros getting Verlander though is BIG. I think in the NL, it will come down to the Cubs and Dodgers again. Cubs were better last year but Dodgers have HFA this season and appear to be almost in human at times. I was surprised they lost 5 in a row.

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If the Vikings ever win the Super Bowl, I bet you people will accuse me of being a bandwagon jumper. That is what fans say about the Seahawks fans. But really, who cares. Whether they are long-time fans or bandwagoners, why do others care? 

The Cubs have one of the most loyal fans. No doubt about that.

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

If the Vikings ever win the Super Bowl, I bet you people will accuse me of being a bandwagon jumper. That is what fans say about the Seahawks fans. But really, who cares. Whether they are long-time fans or bandwagoners, why do others care? 

It does happen with every fanbase so I was probably wrong for saying Jared is way off but I know a lot of loyal Cubs fans that loved them when we sucked.

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

You won it all in 1998, just don't tell anyone. The record books are wrong as that was 1 of the 10 best teams ever IMO

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It does happen with every fanbase so I was probably wrong for saying Jared is way off but I know a lot of loyal Cubs fans that loved them when we sucked.

You were right. No need to take your words back.

(Btw, I have NFLN on but I am not really watching. It is strange seeing AP in a Saints uni. We play them in the first game. Is your relative looking forward to seeing him?)

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

You were right. No need to take your words back.

(Btw, I have NFLN on but I am not really watching. It is strange seeing AP in a Saints uni. We play them in the first game. Is your relative looking forward to seeing him?)

I am at work but it's quiet here. You guys will have to keep me updated on what's going on. I just hope Andrew gets taken off PUP

You won it all in 1998, just don't tell anyone. The record books are wrong as that was 1 of the 10 best teams ever IMO

I appreciate that but a team can't be one of the best ever and not make the Super Bowl. :(  Perhaps the '98 Vikes are one of the best not to make the Super Bowl.

I am at work but it's quiet here. You guys will have to keep me updated on what's going on. I just hope Andrew gets taken off PUP

He probably will be taken off the PUP. Otherwise he cannot play in the first six games.

If he is left on the PUP, that may go viral (that is the topic here haha).

That should've been the SB, Freakin fluky Falcons lmao. Denver smoked them. To this day I cant believe Minny lost to them. They would beat them 9 out of 10 times.

Probably, but it's a one game series, and if you had 90% odds on one game, you are taking that everytime.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I guess it is the topic haha. I get sidetracked way too much anymore, must be old age.

Nah, you're just passionate about your teams. That is a good thing. :thmup:

Btw, head over to Baseball thread. What do you think of Harvey pitching the first game in Houston? He may get heckled for his name.

8 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I'll get some heat for this, but I disagree. Browns fans are very loyal to their team and always have been, they have some of the best fans in the NFL, despite what they go through year after year. Cubs fans never even acknowledged their team for the most part until a few years ago when the rebuild started and then they were flooded with Bandwagon fans once they won the WS. The Browns fans are loud and proud and have always voiced their opinions win or lose, the Cubs fans only started speaking up and bragging once they won the WS, most of them weren't saying anything when they were struggling and losing to the Cards on a yearly basis, probably because most of the current Cubs fanbase weren't fans during those times (and if you were, then good for you I apologize, but there weren't many, and you never heard from them).

Are you nuts?! The Cubs fans are the most loyal fans on Earth I was born and raised there and their attendance was always among the highest every decade despite their record..

10 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Every team in the NFL, NBA and MLB has huge bandwagon fans when they win their championships.

I can remember when the Patriots didn't have many fans in the New England area and very rarely got any games broadcasted on TV.

11 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah Browns fans are really loyal like us Cubs fans. I have been a Cubs fan since 1984, finally paying off now. Unfortunately for the Brown I don't see them winning more than maybe 3 or 4 games.

That is why there was such an uproar when Modell uprooted the Browns and moved them to Baltimore. The Browns were still selling their games out and had a huge following. Their dog pound alone was known league wide.(good or bad)

6 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Of course people showed up for the victory parade, people do in every city for the world series. Also, if you want to make things personal, we'll do that. You are a Cubs fan, you never accomplished anything as far as their world series title except sit on your butt eating cheetos and making some cheers in the crowd that went unnoticed. Don't act like you're all that, I don't give a rats behind if you grew up in Chicago, born and raised. There are plenty like you, and there will be plenty after you, doesn't mean you guys weren't quiet as heck before you were good, and now you have a bandwagon fanbase. If I'm a failure as a human being for voicing my opinion, then you aren't even a human being for saying what you said, you are like radioactive waste that's toxic.

Jared you are a good person, no biggy buddy. King Colt and I are just huge Cubs fans and see things differently. We suffered for a long time and it is now paying off. I think he has been a fan even longer than me actually.

On 9/2/2017 at 9:34 AM, NFLfan said:

Don't worry...They're not ever winning one. The NFL gods absolutely hate Minnesota, and the world is a better place because of it.

At most, they'll reach the NFCCG again in a few years and lose in a close game that inspires their whiny team to blame it on something rather than accepting that they got beaten. It will be the fault of the Drew Pearson pushing off and not getting a pass interference call or Gary Anderson or Bountygate, or just something since they can never just lose on their own, it's always someone else's fault! The NFL gods absolutely hate them and that's wonderful! 

On 9/1/2017 at 11:04 PM, Synthetic said:

Would love to go this year without hearing Colin Kaepernick's name every week since he's not even signed to an NFL team and while we can debate about his play last year, he still looked awful in a number of games to the point I wouldn't want him as my starting QB (he got benched for Blaine freaking Gabbert, so he can't be that great anymore). Everyone has an opinion on it and that's fine, but at this point, it's old and worn out and I would be happy to move on from him. 

Hes the most famous unemployed QB in NFL history. Can't go 24 hours without news stories about him. The sports media is obsessed with him.