Valpo2004

Browns trying to trade Joe Haden??

2 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

Actually...the Jets owe him the $6 mil so if a team offers something low he would still have the incentive to play because it is money on top of what the Jets are paying (depending on the amount).  He is also been linked to teams, such as, the Eagles and Giants.  He has been consistently working out in hopes to be signed to redeem last year.  He is one of the best to play the position and he wants to show that again, can he, that remains to be seen.  

But to randomly say he is sitting and getting fat...read first then comment! 

Not quite. Read this article. He is guaranteed 6 million from the Jets. Any offer offsets what the Jets have to pay him. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/06/revis-can-reject-offers-for-less-than-6-million-without-consequence/

Basically anything above 6 million is the starting point for him....and even if we offer more to get him to play he is no doubt not in shape to play....we saw and overweight and out of shape Revis last year...it wasn't pretty and won't be better this year.

6 minutes ago, Myles said:

If he can be had for a 5th round pick, I'd take him.  

Considering we gave them a first for Richardson they should just give him to us to make up for ripping us off.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Not quite. Read this article. He is guaranteed 6 million from the Jets. Any offer offsets what the Jets have to pay him. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/06/revis-can-reject-offers-for-less-than-6-million-without-consequence/

Basically anything above 6 million is the starting point for him....and even if we offer more to get him to play he is no doubt not in shape to play....we saw and overweight and out of shape Revis last year...it wasn't pretty and won't be better this year.

I understand what the contract says.  If he wants to play, and there are reports stating this, he may have to take less money.  Or a team can pay $6 million and the Jets are off the hook, $8 million and the Jets are off the hook, or even $4 mil and the Jets are off the hook...you get the picture.  Its a dollar-for-dollar protection that the Jets have if he signs another contract.  He might get 0 offers and be happy with this $6 million he gets.

• Like 1

Just now, DaColts85 said:

I understand what the contract says.  If he wants to play, and there are reports stating this, he may have to take less money.  Or a team can pay $6 million and the Jets are off the hook, $8 million and the Jets are off the hook, or even $4 mil and the Jets are off the hook...you get the picture.  Its a dollar-for-dollar protection that the Jets have if he signs another contract.  He might get 0 offers and be happy with this $6 million he gets.

Yes...he is getting 6 million from the Jets. So if he gets a contract from us for like 4 million then he still is only making 6 million....basically playing for free. Anything over 6 million and it is actual new money for him. I just wasn't sure everyone knew this. If he wants to play for 4 million dollars he would need a contract for $10 million. He gets the 6 no matter what..anything under that it just takes off what the Jets are paying him....so he would still only get say 2million from Jets and 4 million from us...still 6 million total....and I doubt he is getting off his couch to play for free....nobody would do that.

4 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

I was hearing we had like 21.6 million left I would try to restructure that contract though.

I'd pass. The way dominate teams are formed isn't by trading for players other teams want to get rid of, especially not for anything with six or more 0's before the decimal or shipping off draft picks for them (cough- Trent Richardson). A constant swinging door of bringing in inexpensive youth (Draft, UDFA's, roster cuts, etc.) and paying only the right players for the right price is how you get to be a dominant team for more than 3 years. The way Ballard is forming this roster on what he can currently control is suggesting he's doing just that: finding value players and not over-paying for mediocrity.  

Seems like he had a good season last year considering he played in 13 games.  He had a better year than Vontae. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

Seems like he had a good season last year considering he played in 13 games.  He had a better year than Vontae. 

Why do you base performance on the number of games they played? Davis played 14 games last year and was better than Haden.

7 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

Why do you base performance on the number of games they played? Davis played 14 games last year and was better than Haden.

Haden played in 13 and had more tackles, comb, asst, interceptions and passes defended in 1 less game.  He beat him out in every way shape or form with one less game. 

http://www.nfl.com/player/vontaedavis/79901/profile

http://www.nfl.com/player/joehaden/496733/profile

*On a side note he's even  younger than Davis.  

Not advocating him in anyway coming here but if people are concerned about Davis being out, there's a guy out there that's just as capable, imo. 

Their D won't be world beaters anyways this years, bottom of the pack most likely so in the end it probably won't make a big difference either way.  

If Wilkerson is cut as someone suggested as a possibility on page 1. We need to do everything in our power to make him a Colt. With a new team, he'll regain his superstar form.

8 hours ago, colts2dasuperbowl said:

Pagano didn't do a good job with secondary in recent years. 

Pagano hasn't had any talent to work with in recent years.

Does Cameron Erving have any value? I see they are shopping him too. He can play Guard, Center, and tackle. Much cheaper than Haden. At the very least may improve our depth on the OL.

3 hours ago, krunk said:

Does Cameron Erving have any value? I see they are shopping him too. He can play Guard, Center, and tackle. Much cheaper than Haden. At the very least may improve our depth on the OL.

He bad. Very. Very. Bad.

3 hours ago, krunk said:

He was a player I wanted the Colts to draft but he was taken in the middle of the 1st. round and we wound up taking Dorsett.  He was supposedly a top OL prospect.  Maybe he is in the wrong scheme fit with Cleveland, I don't know, but he is another guy who fits the Ballard MO.  I can't believe he is not interested.  

Based on the information I have, Haden has been cut by the Browns.  

So the people who where saying no where probably right.  He can be brought in now without losing a draft pick.

It's also notable that he has 4 M in guaranteed salary which will be offset by any money he collects from another team.  

On 8/29/2017 at 7:38 PM, AustinnKaine said:

Pagano hasn't had any talent to work with in recent years.

he drafted djourn smith, clayton geathers and tj green, traded for vontae davis, signed cromartie, patirck robinson, landry, and lowery. i know they arent the best but pagano got plenty of chances to turn them into something. he's done nothing to that secondary except vontae davis.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

Based on the information I have, Haden has been cut by the Browns.  

So the people who where saying no where probably right.  He can be brought in now without losing a draft pick.

It's also notable that he has 4 M in guaranteed salary which will be offset by any money he collects from another team.  

The Steelers swooped in and grabbed him.  

3 years 27 million for Haden. Signed by the Steelers. That's insane money. Apparently he received a lot of bigger offers. I'm glad the Colts didn't sign him for that much.