Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Roster Moves (Countdown to 53)

TKnight24

32 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Remember, even when (we all hope) he is activated, the official league practice report on Wednesday will tell a lot about Luck's status.  i still say it would 3 weeks team practice/drills before he gets to start.

As far as guesses, i'll give mine here (assuming he comes off the PUP within the next couple of hours) -

I give him 0.001% chance of starting vs. L.A. Rams, and 5% against the Cardinals.  I go up to 65% vs. the Browns, and 90% against the Seahawks.  100% vs. the 49'ers.

If he isn't going to be the 100% starter by 10/8/2017, then we can debate why they didn't keep him o n the Reserve/PUP and give an extra roster spot to another guy?

Because being on the PUP list will not allow to practice with the team.  Being on the active roster allows him to work with the receivers not engaged during practice.

1 minute ago, Farns01 said:

Because being on the PUP list will not allow to practice with the team.  Being on the active roster allows him to work with the receivers not engaged during practice.

A good point, one ive made before...but.. he has to be healthy enough to practice with the team.  And if so, it should not take 6 weeks to do so.  But if you are saying it might take 4 weeks before he can practice, then he takes another 2-3 practicing and will be ready by weeks 7, then point taken.

But let's see if he even gets activated first.

3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Not sure about that

2 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

1 minute ago, Douzer said:

They get a receiver that refuses to block anybody, ever, and we get a QB we don't need. Perhaps we can trade Jacoby for a piece we do need?

Just wow. I'm not stunned that they traded but it's what they got

1 minute ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

A good point, one ive made before...but.. he has to be healthy enough to practice with the team.  And if so, it should not take 6 weeks to do so.  But if you are saying it might take 4 weeks before he can practice, then he takes another 2-3 practicing and will be ready by weeks 7, then point taken.

But let's see if he even gets activated first.

Granted

6 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

I see this possibility.  Brissett won't be ready for game 1 ...  he doesn't know playbook.  Either ST or Morris will get the call week one.  After that?  Who knows... how fast does Brisset pick up the playbook (or at least the short - game planned version) once here?

2 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I don't buy that this trade means bad news for Luck. Maybe Ballard was not happy with Tolzein and/or Morris. Jacoby probably is better than both of those two. Luck could still only be gone a few games.

Yep. Part of me is hoping that they're unhappy with Tolzein/Morris as a backup and that the trade has no indication on the status on Luck. They probably like Brissett and want him as a backup for the future.