Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Roster Moves (Countdown to 53)

TKnight24

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

..and win ?

With a higher probability than Tolzien or Morris... I think so.  Seems Cb might feel this way too.  You don't think Brissett wasn't scouted heavily by KC, as a backup to Alex smith, or to take over/  CB likely has a huge scouting book of notes on recent players at his disposal.

5 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

With a higher probability than Tolzien or Morris... I think so.  Seems Cb might feel this way too.  You don't think Brissett wasn't scouted heavily by KC, as a backup to Alex smith, or to take over/  CB likely has a huge scouting book of notes on recent players at his disposal.

The question still stands: Why would NE trade him with Brady  at 40 and Garrafalo in the final year of his deal.

Tom Brady wont be playing in the NFL by the end  of Jacoby Brisset's contract?

Sounds like they gave up on him

Maybe Ballard realizes that the SB isn't possible this season as he is in year 1 building our Defense up. Keeping Andrew healthy for the next 7 years is more important than throwing him out there now. I have patience so I am fine with whatever happens. I would rather see 7 years of brilliance of Luck starting next season than risking getting him injured again now. I have to admit, I am going to hate missing the Playoffs again though if he sits all year.

10 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

The question still stands: Why would NE trade him with Brady  at 40 and Garrafalo in the final year of his deal.

Tom Brady wont be playing in the NFL by the end  of Jacoby Brisset's contract?

Sounds like they gave up on him

IMO Belichick knows pretty much any QB with any talent can be successful in his system. He needed a WR and Dorsett fitted his needs. It wouldn't surprise me at all for Dorsett to shine in New England's system.

26 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

Yet with Brisett, it's worthy of a trade for a starting receiver.

But he's not a starting WR...he was 4th at BEST, but was more like 5th or 6th. With Natson doing so we'll at WR and KR, it made Dorsett dispensible.

19 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

This move does suggest that....

........we apparently did not want to go into games with Tolzien and no one else who had ever started

You said it your self we need 1st downs to be able to evaluate the rest of the roster. That's how bad our QB's were. We upgraded the QB position by trading a guy that was getting cut.

Don't be surprised if we don't see this kid sooner rather than later. 

20 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

He's not going to be activated, if the Brisett trade is any indication.

We'll see soon

13 minutes ago, JRnINDY said:

I think we got Brissett and a 3rd round draft pick for Dorssett

Wow got a link?

11 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

A 3rd ??  That would make this deal very sweet.  I was thinking more ...a 5th.  He's shown flashes, but nothing more than that.  NE was desperate.

Yep

11 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

bye JoJo

:Cry:

Wait.... what?!

2 minutes ago, Shive said:

But he's not a starting WR...he was 4th at BEST, but was more like 5th or 6th. With Natson doing so we'll at WR and KR, it made Dorsett dispensible.

Understood...but I saw him as the third WR, behind TY and Moncrief.

As for Natson, unfortunately he was just waived.

Just now, ColtsBlueFL said:

Remeber, the Colts have to have the Waiver / Terminations in by 4:00 pm, EST in New York.  There will be well over 1,100 such submissions.  It could be a spell after 4:00 pm before all of the transactions become public knowledge.

Yep but why wait to activate Luck? They ain't gonna do it :(