Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Roster Moves (Countdown to 53)

TKnight24

2 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

He's a young, backup, with talent and starter potential.  Just what we need behind luck.  not UDFA hopefuls or journeymen. I'm OK with this.

I'm more than OK Tolzien isn't very good and Morris fell behind Walker in camp. Our QB's made it difficult to evaluate the rest of the roster   Anyone who thinks Dorset wasn't getting cut was not paying attention. 

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

No,  Not really.  He wasn't great,  but he wasn't Curtis painter

I wouldn't argue with that....but unless he's a football genius....he isn't starting for us anytime soon.

I dont think its easy to operate an offense you don't know ....

...and long term..we have Andrew

.....I'm just not seeing this...

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He's actually been great in Pre-Season.

True...but Morris has also been good. Yet, no one is giving him the benefit of the doubt because "it's just preseason" and he played against the third string. Yet with Brisett, it's worthy of a trade for a starting receiver.

3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

This is why his time in NE could be short

This is what I said. Not everyone who goes to Pats dominates. They already released Ealy. Dorsett and Allen are just system pieces. BB isn't going to make them good or help them realize their untapped "potential ". If they do anything it'll just be BB making everyone work in his scheme. Dorsett has to compete against Cooks and Malcolm Mitchell. And considering he got outplayed by UDFAs here, his work is cut out for him.

Just now, oldunclemark said:

I wouldn't argue with that....but unless he's a football genius....he isn't starting for us anytime soon.

I dont think its easy to operate an offense you don't know ....

...and long term..we have Andrew

.....I'm just not seeing this...

He could learn the offense enough in a few weeks.   I'm guessing it means Luck is out for a lot longer than we thought he was going to be

Just now, Flash7 said:

True...but Morris has also been good. Yet, no one is giving him the benefit of the doubt because "it's just preseason" and he played against the third string. Yet with Brisett, it's worthy of a trade for a starting receiver.

I am not really a fan of the trade either but I think Dorsett just wasn't part of our plans. Brissett is a safety blanket in case Andrew misses 2 or 3 weeks. JMO. I like Morris too.

1 minute ago, Flash7 said:

A starting receiver for who? Pretty obviously not on the Colts, and at the point, it doesn't matter. 

1 minute ago, Defjamz26 said:

This is what I said. Not everyone who goes to Pats dominates. They already released Ealy. Dorsett and Allen are just system pieces. BB isn't going to make them good or help them realize their untapped "potential ". If they do anything it'll just be BB making everyone work in his scheme. Dorsett has to compete against Cooks and Malcolm Mitchell. And considering he got outplayed by UDFAs here, his work is cut out for him.

Then once Edelman comes back PD will be replaced altogether 

Just now, jvan1973 said:

He could learn the offense enough in a few weeks.   I'm guessing it means Luck is out for a lot longer than we thought he was going to be

This move does suggest that....

........we apparently did not want to go into games with Tolzien and no one else who had ever started

8 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

starter potential is the phrase I question

8 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

I think this is where we may differ. I don't see him as a young talent. I see him as a project and someone that's benefitted from the NE system. I project that he will not be nearly as good with the Colts, as most NE QBs struggle mightily once they leave.

This is what Mike Reiss, ESPN staff writer wrote about Jacoby recently (before the trade) -

"I still think the third layer of insurance at quarterback with a high-intangibles player like Brissett is more valuable than whatever they would use the spot for in other areas. Because of that, I've never strongly considered the possibility that Brissett would be cut. As Belichick has said in the past, if a team doesn't have the quarterback position accounted for at all levels, it puts the entire team at risk. "

I feel he has starter potential, which is what I want on the sidelines in case luck takes another injurious hit.

Just now, Derakynn said:

A starting receiver for who? Pretty obviously not on the Colts, and at the point, it doesn't matter. 

I may be wrong--happens often I'm sure, but I projected the starters as TY, Moncrief, and Dorsett. Yes we have Rogers and Natson or Aiken behind him, but I thought he would start.

1 minute ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

This is what Mike Reiss, ESPN staff writer wrote about Jacoby recently (before the trade) -

"I still think the third layer of insurance at quarterback with a high-intangibles player like Brissett is more valuable than whatever they would use the spot for in other areas. Because of that, I've never strongly considered the possibility that Brissett would be cut. As Belichick has said in the past, if a team doesn't have the quarterback position accounted for at all levels, it puts the entire team at risk. "

I feel he has starter potential, which is what I want on the sidelines in case luck takes another injurious hit.

If Brisset has starter potential..Brady is 40 and Garrafalo is at the end of his contract..

..doesit beg the question as to why NE traded him?

If Brisset has starter potential..Brady is 40 and Garrafalo is at the end of his contract..

Could be they needed a WR more? Perhaps hoodie thinks he can coach up Dorset better than we did.... and frankly, with Tom Brady as your QB, gonna be hard not to perform great as a WR

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

I'm sure that's true.

Do you think Jacoby Brissett can learn the Colts offense by week two with teammates he's never met?.....

I dont

He's going to have to. At least to the point that he's more effective than Tolzien. I am not impressed with Tolzien at all, so that shouldn't take long.

3 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I'm sure that's true.

Do you think Jacoby Brissett can learn the Colts offense by week two with teammates he's never met?.....

I dont

He doesn't have to know the entire playbook to play. Colts played Josh Freeman the same week they signed him a few years ago.

8 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I'm sure that's true.

I dont

7 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Yes

Agree with PT-

I think he can learn the part of the game plan for the second game opponent (team) in two weeks. and add to it from there.