Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts sign another Safety

TKnight24

1 minute ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

OK, now I'm concerned. What is going on at safety?!

I just think they don't like any of the depth at the position. So we only have Butler, Farley, and Hooker as legitimate safeties right now. TJ Green will probably either stay at corner or be cut on Saturday.

Nothing is going on at safety other than they only have Hooker and Farley (and to a lesser extent Green) at the safety position and Hooker is injured a lot already.  Butler is not good, we know the Geathers situation, and none of the back-ups in training camp will probably make the final 53.

Trading for Martin doesn't mean much, that was probably more a situation of they wanted Rhodes and they were able to get someone for Hennessy rather than just releasing him on cut day.

1 minute ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Nothing is going on at safety other than they only have Hooker and Farley (and to a lesser extent Green) at the safety position and Hooker is injured a lot already.  Butler is not good, we know the Geathers situation, and none of the back-ups in training camp will probably make the final 53.

Trading for Martin doesn't mean much, that was probably more a situation of they wanted Rhodes and they were able to get someone for Hennessy rather than just releasing him on cut day.

Ding Ding Ding. We have a winner

18 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

To be honest butler hasn't really made any plays the whole preseason. But that was the case last preseason as well. I can sort of see this happening for a young guy maybe. I still like Butler though.