Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2012 Nfl Draft Misconceptions - Agree Or Disagree?

chad72

The gap is narrowing - It's hard to say. Luck has been penciled in at #1 for a few months now, so it's not like he could go any higher or improve his game anymore. Griffin has been the clear cut 2nd best QB in the draft with almost everyone saying he will go in the top 10, if not the top 5. Both have been rated very high and deservedly so, but neither can really move up anymore. I haven't read any mock or scouting report that says Griffin is better than Luck, but both are top 5 talents, so the gap is very small to begin with.

Ram's getting a ton for the 2nd pick - I don't think they will. I think they will draft Blackmon. However, if they did want to trade, they could easily get a handful back in return because of Griffin. Teams like Cleveland, Miami, and Washington all pick in the top 10 and need a QB. If the Rams come out and say they want to trade back, there will almost certainly be a team that will offer something to move up.

Blackmon is top 5 - I have him going 2nd overall to the Rams, so yes.

Easy to trade back - I disagree. Just because we have a high pick, doesn't mean we can trade back and get a ton in return. First, you have to find another team that will want to trade up to your pick and take the financial hit, as well as give up a lot to move up. That's much easier said than done

It's good to trade back - to some extent. I have no problem drafting with the last pick in each round if each player drafted stays healthy and makes an impact. If you have a team with lots of holes, it is good to trade back, but you also need talent. You don't want to hold 15 draft picks, but have your first draft pick to be in the 4th or 5th round. I would rather have 6 picks and have all 6 make the team and make plays instead of 15 picks and only 4 make the team. Sure, New England has tons of picks, but where are the playmakers? Where are the players you can build a defense around (other than Mayo)? You need to find a balance between bringing in players to camp and having them compete for a roster spot, and bringing in talented players

The gap is narrowing - It's hard to say. Luck has been penciled in at #1 for a few months now, so it's not like he could go any higher or improve his game anymore. Griffin has been the clear cut 2nd best QB in the draft with almost everyone saying he will go in the top 10, if not the top 5. Both have been rated very high and deservedly so, but neither can really move up anymore. I haven't read any mock or scouting report that says Griffin is better than Luck, but both are top 5 talents, so the gap is very small to begin with.

Ram's getting a ton for the 2nd pick - I don't think they will. I think they will draft Blackmon. However, if they did want to trade, they could easily get a handful back in return because of Griffin. Teams like Cleveland, Miami, and Washington all pick in the top 10 and need a QB. If the Rams come out and say they want to trade back, there will almost certainly be a team that will offer something to move up.

Blackmon is top 5 - I have him going 2nd overall to the Rams, so yes.

Easy to trade back - I disagree. Just because we have a high pick, doesn't mean we can trade back and get a ton in return. First, you have to find another team that will want to trade up to your pick and take the financial hit, as well as give up a lot to move up. That's much easier said than done

It's good to trade back - to some extent. I have no problem drafting with the last pick in each round if each player drafted stays healthy and makes an impact. If you have a team with lots of holes, it is good to trade back, but you also need talent. You don't want to hold 15 draft picks, but have your first draft pick to be in the 4th or 5th round. I would rather have 6 picks and have all 6 make the team and make plays instead of 15 picks and only 4 make the team. Sure, New England has tons of picks, but where are the playmakers? Where are the players you can build a defense around (other than Mayo)? You need to find a balance between bringing in players to camp and having them compete for a roster spot, and bringing in talented players

I have a feeling the Pats are going to either stand pat unlike years past or use their 2 first round picks (or a 1st and 2nd to move up in round 1) to get a Michael Floyd of Notre Dame, or get their hands on Mark Barron.