Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

so no playoffs this year?

Fluke_33

Am I delusional to still think playoffs?  Should I brace myself for a losing season?  After reading the Indystar and message boards and watching the preseason games I'm starting to get this isn't a good team this year. 

Maybe though, Luck will start early this season and maybe they will find a pass rush and maybe the new D line will stop the run and maybe Marlon Mack will shock the world this season... ok I'm back to expecting the playoffs. 

3 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

Could we please stop with the pure negativity on every post.  Good lord the season has not started and Luck might only miss 1 game... calm down and put the positive pants on for a change.

I look forward to the real games.  But I think only missing one game is extremely wishful thinking. 

I stress patience for the first 6 weeks of the season, unless Mack is really as good as advertised. This team is missing a dynamic running attack, that's the key to the whole machine, I promise you. Our best year was with Ahmad Bradshaw; that opened up the entire offense. Even with a stinker as the starting RB. 

6 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

Could we please stop with the pure negativity on every post.  Good lord the season has not started and Luck might only miss 1 game... calm down and put the positive pants on for a change.

Thank you!  I couldn't even finish the post without having some hope!

1 minute ago, TheOptimist88 said:

I stress patience for the first 6 weeks of the season, unless Mack is really as good as advertised. This team is missing a dynamic running attack, that's the key to the whole machine, I promise you. Our best year was with Ahmad Bradshaw; that opened up the entire offense. Even with a stinker as the starting RB. 

Looking at the schedule, if we can get away with 3-3 through 6 games and get Andrew and Kelly back 100% I would take that.

I was thinking about how this team might look 1/2 way through the season. Luck returns and is playing well, the Oline becomes solid, the defense gels, guys like TY, Mack, Swoope, Moncrief, Rogers and Doyle making plays. A solid secondary with Hooker, Geathers, Wilson, Butler and Davis creating turnovers. 

It's all possible- doesn't look that way now but it is early. 

Since we don't know, why would I as a fan of the team believe otherwise? 

37 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The Rams game is huge and will tell us a lot. If we win that without Andrew I think 10-6 and Playoffs is not delusional at all if Andrew comes back in week 3 at worse.

It's big in that we'll learn that the preseason isn't really relative to the regular season.  But if we lose to them and the Cardinals, it's not the end of the world.  Losing to NFC teams isn't as bad, relatively.

But, like you said, if we learn that our D isn't what we thought it was going to be, and that Luck is going to be out longer than we thought, then I think Yes - no playoffs.

As long as they don't look totally inept opening day regardless of the outcome I'm good.

If they look like they didn't even have training camp...Gonna be a loooong season.

It's gonna be tough honestly. Luck hasn't even practiced yet. If his return drags into October/November, be prepared for a bad season.

55 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

Am I delusional to still think playoffs?  Should I brace myself for a losing season?  After reading the Indystar and message boards and watching the preseason games I'm starting to get this isn't a good team this year. 

Maybe though, Luck will start early this season and maybe they will find a pass rush and maybe the new D line will stop the run and maybe Marlon Mack will shock the world this season... ok I'm back to expecting the playoffs. 

I can see you are new to the forum so perhaps you don't know the rules.

1. - Every player on the Colts is the greatest player at their position - until the Colts lose.
  2. - Then every player on the Colts is the worst player in the NFL and should not even be in the league (except for a few board consensus players (See note below)
  3. - If a Colts player has reached the Probowl then they cannot be critiqued for three years after the probowl.  No matter how bad they play after.
  4. - If you are optimistic about the Colts chances then you cannot think for yourself and you just look at everything through blue colored glasses.
  5. - If you are negative about the colts it's because you are being realistic.
  6. - Logic has no place on the Colts forum.  If you try to use it then you will be beaten then tarred and feathered.
  7. - For some reason no matter what the topic is there are a handful of supposed Colts fan that will bring the Patriots into the conversation (yes I realized I just did it and no, I'm not one of those people... I tried to think of way to mention that rule without the Patriots but I just could not)
  8. - Use PFF only when it supports your point, when it does not then knock PFF and talk about how their stats aren't real (For the record I'm not a fan of PFF for anything other than raw stats that can be found on any stat site, so I always knock them, even when their numbers support my opinion.

**Note** I'm not 100% sure how consensus players are chosen by the board but it seems to be a wave, a couple of people mention something and then it can't be stopped.  Morris is a perfect example, Morris has looked okay against the 3s and 4s during the preseason but many on this forum act like he can hold down the fort until Luck comes back from injury.  His overthrows, underthrows, late throws, all while facing no rush and poor coverage don't factor into the equation.

10 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Whats there to be positive about.

1- Ballard is the new GM

2-Ballard has cut the players that were dead weight

3-Even though Luck will miss some time he is on our roster

4-Grigson is gone

5-The Colts got younger

6-Ballard signed a couple of free agents who can contribute

7-The Colts got a couple of new cheer leaders (yeah, I know)

If you cant find anything positive in these maybe, just maybe you are too negative?

9 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I can see you are new to the forum so perhaps you don't know the rules.

1. - Every player on the Colts is the greatest player at their position - until the Colts lose.
  2. - Then every player on the Colts is the worst player in the NFL and should not even be in the league (except for a few board consensus players (See note below)
  3. - If a Colts player has reached the Probowl then they cannot be critiqued for three years after the probowl.  No matter how bad they play after.
  4. - If you are optimistic about the Colts chances then you cannot think for yourself and you just look at everything through blue colored glasses.
  5. - If you are negative about the colts it's because you are being realistic.
  6. - Logic has no place on the Colts forum.  If you try to use it then you will be beaten then tarred and feathered.
  7. - For some reason no matter what the topic is there are a handful of supposed Colts fan that will bring the Patriots into the conversation (yes I realized I just did it and no, I'm not one of those people... I tried to think of way to mention that rule without the Patriots but I just could not)
  8. - Use PFF only when it supports your point, when it does not then knock PFF and talk about how their stats aren't real (For the record I'm not a fan of PFF for anything other than raw stats that can be found on any stat site, so I always knock them, even when their numbers support my opinion.

**Note** I'm not 100% sure how consensus players are chosen by the board but it seems to be a wave, a couple of people mention something and then it can't be stopped.  Morris is a perfect example, Morris has looked okay against the 3s and 4s during the preseason but many on this forum act like he can hold down the fort until Luck comes back from injury.  His overthrows, underthrows, late throws, all while facing no rush and poor coverage don't factor into the equation.

That's every teams fans honestly.

Find me a logical reserved fan base? Doesn't exist.

1 hour ago, TheOptimist88 said:

If mack is as advertised we may even upset seattle

2 hours ago, TheOptimist88 said:

He was taking ankles off the field with him against Dallas, and he only had around 7 touches. He's gonna be good

He was taking ankles off the field with him against Dallas, and he only had around 7 touches. He's gonna be good

He had a 40 yard screen called back by a penalty. That would've been 8 touches for 98 yards and another scoring drive possibly. That's special.

2 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

- For some reason no matter what the topic is there are a handful of supposed Colts fan that will bring the Patriots into the conversation (yes I realized I just did it and no, I'm not one of those people... I tried to think of way to mention that rule without the Patriots but I just could not)

I DID THIS! I FOLLOWED TEH RULES!

6 minutes ago, ColtsBlitz said:

If we beat the Patriots in the playoffs, this season is a win regardless of a super bowl. 

3 hours ago, DaColts85 said:

That's precisely what is bothering most of us.  Sure, if Luck plays, he might be able to carry us like he and Manning always have, but the team, outside of the QB still looks like garbage.  Take away the QB and they look like one of the worst teams in the league.  With Ballard and all the new faces, I was just hoping for a positive sign or two that it's headed in the other direction.

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

1- Ballard is the new GM

4-Grigson is gone

5-The Colts got younger

If you cant find anything positive in these maybe, just maybe you are too negative?

Ill be positive when the team shows results on the field until then nothing to be positive about.

1- Ballard is the new GM

4-Grigson is gone

5-The Colts got younger

Ill be positive when the team shows results on the field until then nothing to be positive about.

3 turnovers in 2 quarters by some of our first team defense. The team is making a focused effort to take the ball away. If you're not excited about anything else there's that.

5 hours ago, Fluke_33 said:

At this point but looks like us Colts fans are going to get embarrassed in game one and probably game two.