Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Could Colts be interested in Osweiler?

TKnight24

49 minutes ago, krunk said:

the words say "watch osweiler to the colts".   It says zero about the Colts talking to or in talks with Osweiler.   It's just this guys speculations from what I can see.  Yet we've got this big thread.

Exactly! It's just some guy that probably knows this forum all too well and wants to get a rise. "Hey I've got a new idea to rile up the Indy fanbase! MWUHAHAHAHA!" 

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Isnt Grigson on the Browns staff now?

i can see them sitting around brainstorming how they are going to unload Osweiler and Grigs excitedly proclaims "call the Colts, they make deals like this!" Then he pauses, looks dejected and mumbles "oh wait, that was ME, nevermind."

Even if, god forbid, the team knew Luck was out for season, i still dont know why on earth you would take on THAT contract for a guy whos been tossed around 3 teams in 3 years and cant stick, even on arguably 3 teams DESPERATE for an average QB, let alone a good one.  It just makes no sense, even if Luck decided to retire today.

3 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

Even if, god forbid, the team knew Luck was out for season, i still dont know why on earth you would take on THAT contract for a guy whos been tossed around 3 teams in 3 years and cant stick, even on arguably 3 teams DESPERATE for an average QB, let alone a good one.  It just makes no sense, even if Luck decided to retire today.

Hmm, would adding Joe Thomas and a draft pick entice you?

8 minutes ago, buccolts said:

Hmm, would adding Joe Thomas and a draft pick entice you?

Cleveland wont let their best player (thomas) go.  Oh wait, Grigs is there. haha

But no, still too much $ on an average QB.... AT BEST.

it didnt work for Cleveland, why would basically the same deal work for us:

you can put lipstick on a pig, but underneath, its still a pig.

4 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

Oh we cant look bad to the media. Kaep is worse than Hitler remember ?. He stood up for whats right, and we cant have none of that. Hell Signing Kaep would even p*** the fake president off. What a joke everything is becoming.

Fake president? James Harrison would disagree with that sentiment of what's right and wrong about the flag... also the media would be all miffed if we sat him down for Luck... An old white boy holding the black boy down...that's the silly thought that now exists and will if we sign him. I agree.. everything thing about this is a joke... I believe we should sign him 

3 minutes ago, dw49 said:

blow 16 mill in cap for probably a couple of games from a poor QB. Rather than carrying that number (16 mill) over would be stooge like. These beat writers are insane.

Yep. I bet some Domer is rooting for Kizer to get the starting gig in Cleveland that he wants Osweiler gone and came up with this "TRich Like Trade Part II" parody. That is my elaborate rumor too. :) 

11 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Yep. I bet some Domer is rooting for Kizer to get the starting gig in Cleveland that he wants Osweiler gone and came up with this "TRich Like Trade Part II" parody. That is my elaborate rumor too. :) 

Oh, man.  That would be nightmarish, the TRIch trade, Part II.  Imagine if Grigson were here.   We'd all be turning on our televisions, seeing Osweiler wearing a Colts cap, talking with Chuck....  haha

There's really no reason to do anything like this.

Even if AL was expected to miss significant time, and something like this needed to be done, THIS wouldn't be the thing to do.

There will be more fiscally responsible QBs available after cuts. Heck, I think even the Browns have like 5 QBs on their 90 right now, and would need to cut 2.

1 hour ago, BlueShoe said:

Did they legalize pot in Cleveland too?

There is a reason why Houston traded Osweiler. 

2nd + 6th > 4th

2nd + 6th + Osweiler = 4th

Do the math people. 

I dont math well, but let me try:

Osweiler + starting = top five draft pick the following year.

I really struggled justifying that move... even for Cleveland.

8 hours ago, chad72 said:

If they have no confidence in Tolzien, then give reps for Morris with the starters. I still felt that if Curtis Painter had been given the #1 team reps more, he'd have done better than using the stop gap Kerry Collins in 2011. Let us not repeat the mistakes of the past. Go with the guy who has been with the team in TC and knows enough of the playbook and has been around the team mates.

I do not give this much credibility at all. It is possible Brock's name may have been floated around but my respect for the front office would go down if this happened. Very much like the knee jerk Kerry Collins move in 2011.

This response resonated the most with me of a logical level. Give Morris more reps since the ball actually moved downfield when he was under center. Yes, I know like Supes said in another thread...Morris overthrows a lot but at least I feel like the offense is trying to be aggressive & that carries weight with me as in go down swinging right. Uh huh. Kerry Collins was a mistake, even though at the time I liked the move because I felt like Kerry could make something happen when the pocket collapsed. Good post as usual Chad. 

6 hours ago, braveheartcolt said:

Surely you mean 'incomplete pass'....

I loved this post because it was hilarious & spot on. CK's accuracy comes & goes like a darn yo yo. Morris may overthrow yes, but every once in awhile he can get you 6. 

Of course, we all agree with you BHC, but don't call us Shirley. Airplane movie joke. 

"Surely, you can land this plane. Of course I can & don't call me Shirley."

Whenever anybody uses the word surely as a declarative statement even in jest that punchline pops into my head. LOL! Okay, I'm done now. 

9 hours ago, TKnight24 said:

Mod edited title: There's no indication that the Colts are in talks for Osweiler. There's only a random tweet of a random thought from a Cleveland beat reporter.

I doubt it if that were the case they would've made that move before the Texans did. Sheesh we would've had an extra Draft pick had that actually occurred.

7 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

Kap is a head case.  That should be obvious to all.

I tend to agree with this statement. Now, just to be clear, I'm not slamming his intelligence. I just don't think he's this profound leader some people some TV pundits are painting him out to be.

Is it noble that he's making a statement against police brutality? Sure, it is. However, some of the things he said while this whole anthem situation gained steam prove that he's not the brightest bulb in the lamp. Enough said. Translation: He's not as informed as he thinks he is. 

Plus, other then HC Jim Harbaugh who has Kap really excelled under as a franchise QB? 

54 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

I tend to agree with this statement. Now, just to be clear, I'm not slamming his intelligence. I just don't think he's this profound leader some people some TV pundits are painting him out to be.

For me, what caused me to hate him wasn't refusing to stand for the National Anthem... it's when he wore the pig socks. He's clearly a police hater, and I have zero respect for someone who hates our men and women of law enforcement who sacrifice their safety for our own.

33 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

For me, what caused me to hate him wasn't refusing to stand for the National Anthem... it's when he wore the pig socks. He's clearly a police hater, and I have zero respect for someone who hates our men and women of law enforcement who sacrifice their safety for our own.

The Castro shirt didn't help either.