Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts sign two CBs -- Chris Culliver and Corey White (merge)

PrincetonTiger

1 minute ago, Stephen said:

Lol if he stinks it up versus steelers and pagano says he didnt play bad the media and fans are going to come down harder on pagano

I know bro..... I can't figure out what that comment was supposed to mean.  Didn't play bad, what?  I don't think I need to back up any disagreement of that statement with facts.  He sucked.  I can't for the life of me figure out why Morris hasn't gotten more of an opportunity.  I hope he does this week.

Perhaps Chuck and "Scotty" have a secret weapon they plan to dispatch on the Steelers this week... What a joke

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Looked like it was injury waiver so not sure how effective he can be

That means he didn't pass his physical, so they couldn't release him outright. They put him on IR, then did and injury settlement a week later to release him from IR, and he's a free agent. That was 8/11.

So the Colts will put him through a physical before he actually signs. If he had a minor injury, which is likely with how quickly they did the injury settlement, he could be 100% at this point. 

47 minutes ago, BR-549 said:

I don't know if this has any merit at this point in time, I am sure CB did the homework and worked the guy out but here is an article about him:

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2016/11/24/miami-dolphins-why-the-chris-culliver-experiment-went-wrong/ 

Bringing in another injury prone player. We have a roster full of these guys already.

15 minutes ago, BR-549 said:

I know bro..... I can't figure out what that comment was supposed to mean.  Didn't play bad, what?  I don't think I need to back up any disagreement of that statement with facts.  He sucked.  I can't for the life of me figure out why Morris hasn't gotten more of an opportunity.  I hope he does this week.

Perhaps Chuck and "Scotty" have a secret weapon they plan to dispatch on the Steelers this week... What a joke

Must be hiding a transformation like Goku in Dragon Ball Super lol

3 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

Did Chuck say it was day to day?  That means it's really bad. 

Bursa, he kept saying.  Had it myself.  

It hurts and includes a LOT of swelling, but not the end of the world.... can cause a need for surgery if it continues to be a problem.  Usually just drain it and good to go.  Back in the day it was a limited amount of times they can drain off the fluids though so we shall see.... 

OMG SERIOUSLY??? COREY WHITE???

Why are you guys signing former Saints draft players that were massive busts for us? Last year it was Patrick Robinson, this year it was Corey White. The Saints defense has been one of the worst in NFL history, and both of these guys contributed fairly well to it becoming that. 

Corey White and Patrick Robinson never developed into anything...that's a fact. 

Let me be the first one to tell you, Corey White is BAD BAD BAD....Go pull up tape of the 2014 and 2015 Saints, and you will have your mind blown at poor tackling and the amount of blown coverage. He was probably our worst corner on the team those 2 years. Cory White would get burned routinely by any team's deep threat receiver. 

I feel so bad for you guys...Saints fans were tortured for years by Patrick Robinson and Corey White and now you are about to experience that pain too. Get ready to see a corner who absolutely cannot tackle to save his life and gets blown up by even the most average receivers on a deep route..Get used to being stressed out over blown coverage with him. If Patrick Robinson drove you nuts, let me tell you that Corey White is WORSE than him. 

7 minutes ago, BR-549 said:

It hurts and includes a LOT of swelling, but not the end of the world.... can cause a need for surgery if it continues to be a problem.  Usually just drain it and good to go.  Back in the day it was a limited amount of times they can drain off the fluids though so we shall see.... 

Yep it can be unpredictable. Thats what kept Manning out of the entire offseason in 2008.

4 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Yep it can be unpredictable. Thats what kept Manning out of the entire offseason in 2008.

Manning's was infected, so they operated. It doesn't sound like they intend to operate on Wilson's, but if it presents signs of infection that might change. 

16 minutes ago, Synthetic said:

OMG SERIOUSLY??? CORY WHITE???

Why are you guys signing former Saints draft players that were massive busts for us? Last year it was Patrick Robinson, this year it was Corey White. The Saints defense has been one of the worst in NFL history, and both of these guys contributed fairly well to it becoming that. 

Let me be the first one to tell you, Corey White is BAD BAD BAD....Go pull up tape of the 2014 and 2015 Saints, and you will have your mind blown at poor tackling and the amount of blown coverage. He was probably our worst corner on the team those 2 years. Cory White would get burned routinely by any team's deep threat receiver. 

I feel so bad for you guys...Saints fans were tortured for years by Patrick Robinson and Corey White and now you are about to experience that pain too. Get ready to see a corner who absolutely cannot tackle to save his life and gets blown up by even the most average receivers on a deep route..Get used to being stressed out over blown coverage with him. 

You opinion is invalid until you change your sig, what kind of * uses that here?

22 minutes ago, BR-549 said:

This is correct I have had one!

8 minutes ago, Horse Shoe Heaven said:

This is correct I have had one!

When you look at a swollen bursa you would think you could put a needle in that big ole pocket of fluid (like lancing a boil)......... nope!

Straight into the joint from the side and to the center of it.  Kind of weird how that works.  Had my right knee drained like 4 times and the doc said one more and its (bursa sac) coming out... for whatever reason it didn't ever happen again.  Doesn't matter now, both of my knees are gooched. 

They also call it "carpet layer's knee" and "housewife's knee" ( wonder where they got that one from, :thinking: lol)

(answer:  housewives used to have to mop the floor from their knees... ugh)

41 minutes ago, Synthetic said:

I feel so bad for you guys...Saints fans were tortured for years by Patrick Robinson and Corey White and now you are about to experience that pain too. Get ready to see a corner who absolutely cannot tackle to save his life and gets blown up by even the most average receivers on a deep route..Get used to being stressed out over blown coverage with him. If Patrick Robinson drove you nuts, let me tell you that Corey White is WORSE than him. 

Patrick was signed to be a starter, White wasn't. It's different. 

30 minutes ago, BR-549 said:

When you look at a swollen bursa you would think you could put a needle in that big ole pocket of fluid (like lancing a boil)......... nope!

Straight into the joint from the side and to the center of it.  Kind of weird how that works.  Had my right knee drained like 4 times and the doc said one more and its (bursa sac) coming out... for whatever reason it didn't ever happen again.  Doesn't matter now, both of my knees are gooched. 

They also call it "carpet layer's knee" and "housewife's knee" ( wonder where they got that one from, :thinking: lol)

(answer:  housewives used to have to mop the floor from their knees... ugh)

LOL Yea mine was very painful at first and heal fairly quickly. 

3 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Kravitz needs to stop

Yea, what a tool. Way to get people's le excited Bob, you negative nancy.  Bob just wants to go on tecord so he can look smart when/if pags is let go.

you know, they should fire bob and give his job yo that reporter let go by the Colts a week or two ago. He was optimistic minded and had great coverage during camp i thought.

oh bob, when will uou learn?

58 minutes ago, MarquisJ said:

culliver ehhhh corey white is garbage 

Competition for back up spots. Maybe it will push/help and add depth with our younger guys. At the very least, beat out our corners currently who are playing awful at the bottom of the depth chart. 3's and 4's. Question is did we pay either Toler or Robinson money? I doubt it...

12 hours ago, Synthetic said:

Dude it's preseason.  People are brought in all the time to get evaluated.

If he's that bad I'm sure he won't be here after the cutdowns.

11 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

Yea, what a tool. Way to get people's le excited Bob, you negative nancy.  Bob just wants to go on tecord so he can look smart when/if pags is let go.

you know, they should fire bob and give his job yo that reporter let go by the Colts a week or two ago. He was optimistic minded and had great coverage during camp i thought.

oh bob, when will uou learn?

Agreed

11 hours ago, krunk said:

Dude it's preseason.  People are brought in all the time to get evaluated.

If he's that bad I'm sure he won't be here after the cutdowns.

Hey remember last year when you told me how my team is a dumpster fire and so god awful and I should never talk about the Colts? Remember that??? 

Now you get to experience my team's draft failures and the pain they're going to bring you. lmao Patrick Robinson last year, and now Corey White...Buckle up, it's going to be a long ride if he makes the team. White was hands down, possibly the worst Saints corner between 2012 to 2015, he was at his absolute worst in 2015. 

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 7:30 PM, Synthetic said:

Hey remember last year when you told me how my team is a dumpster fire and so god awful and I should never talk about the Colts? Remember that??? 

Now you get to experience my team's draft failures and the pain they're going to bring you. lmao Patrick Robinson last year, and now Corey White...Buckle up, it's going to be a long ride if he makes the team. White was hands down, possibly the worst Saints corner between 2012 to 2015, he was at his absolute worst in 2015. 

Gee that's funny. All the commentary I saw from Saints fans in the videos I watched there was a common consensus and that was not all that great on the outside but very good as a nickel corner. Some went as far as to say dangerous at the nickel. There were at least 6 comments like that. Nickel is where we need the help at. I'm sure the staff is aware where his strengths are.

On 8/21/2017 at 8:56 PM, Synthetic said:

No one signed these guys to be starters nor did they pay them absurd amounts of money either. They might not even be here after September 2nd

On 22/8/2017 at 2:56 AM, Synthetic said:

Corey White won't make the team. Your post is redundant.

Culliver could be a HUGE steal. When he's been healthy he's balled out. Had 15 and 14 PD's and 3-4-5 INT's with SF a few years ago. With him healthy again he's gonna be a beast for us. He's just had issues staying on the field. If not for that he may be a household name. I'm expecting our top 5 CB's to be this by week 4-5, assuming we don't pick somebody else up......

Davis

Culliver

Wilson

Hairston

That could be better than solid.. Potentially very good.

1 hour ago, COLTS449 said:

Culliver could be a HUGE steal. When he's been healthy he's balled out. Had 15 and 14 PD's and 3-4-5 INT's with SF a few years ago. With him healthy again he's gonna be a beast for us. He's just had issues staying on the field. If not for that he may be a household name. I'm expecting our top 5 CB's to be this by week 4-5, assuming we don't pick somebody else up......

Davis

Culliver

Wilson

Hairston

That could be better than solid.. Potentially very good.

You only gave us 4 of your expected top 5 CB's. You are pretty high on Culliver. I remember him getting abused in the Super Bowl for SF. He looked like an up and coming player prior to that. He was derailed by behavioral problems and injuries. He has only played in 6 games since 2014. I think he's had 2 major knee injuries in that time. At 29 yrs old I'm not as high on him as you are. He was cut by Miami in November 2016 and was still a FA until we brought him in. Thats not encouraging. We will see. 

I think we are looking at adding a CB after cuts.  KC looks like they may cut Acker or White. I'm guessing CB is at the top of Ballard's to do list. There were a lot of young guys entering the league this year. It stands to reason there will be a few cuts. 

2 hours ago, akcolt said:

You only gave us 4 of your expected top 5 CB's. You are pretty high on Culliver. I remember him getting abused in the Super Bowl for SF. He looked like an up and coming player prior to that. He was derailed by behavioral problems and injuries. He has only played in 6 games since 2014. I think he's had 2 major knee injuries in that time. At 29 yrs old I'm not as high on him as you are. He was cut by Miami in November 2016 and was still a FA until we brought him in. Thats not encouraging. We will see. 

I think we are looking at adding a CB after cuts.  KC looks like they may cut Acker or White. I'm guessing CB is at the top of Ballard's to do list. There were a lot of young guys entering the league this year. It stands to reason there will be a few cuts. 

I get what you mean as far as Culliver goes, but I just am hoping for the best I guess ? LOL. But no. You never know. He could be this years Antonio Cromartie with us, or be a major steal. I'm just saying he could possibly be a big time late signing for us, and IF he does regain that form from 2 years ago he'll be starting. Starting as in being one of our top 3 corners. I'm hoping so bad Wilson holds down a starting spot. And I'm kinda liking Hairston for depth and as a developmental type you know. What do you think about him btw ??? .. But anyways. I mean who knows how it'll play out lol..

We may actually keep 6 corners, (I wouldn't seeing as how we also have Butler who, ironically is a better corner than anyone on our roster not named Vontae)....But yeah. Our top 4 will get all the PT baring an injury so, with so many question marks I didn't even bother with the 5th and maybe the number 6 CB.. With 6 I'd say it'll be Melvin and White as things stand now. If we add a better corner somebodies gonna be hitting the road. I still wouldn't mind a trade for Darquez Dennard if nothing else, though. I'll take him over Melvin, etc. As for White he bounced around some last year too. Played for Buffalo for a bit, but I don't remember exactly how well he played last season.