Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Already tired of Pagano

Zoltan

Is it just me or is anyone else already tired of Pagano and his complaining. He can't blame his GM anymore so he's looking for a new scapegoat to cover his butt, he's a defensive coach with a consistently bad defense and has made poor hirings for offensive coordinator (not counting Arians) and after his last rant blaming his young players for there injuries and lack of production just amazes me, with that attitude he is gonna lose the locker room. I do think Ballard has improved the defense and offense (the addition of Mack at Rb is promising) but I do believe we will not improve as a team until we have a real leader at Head Coach, I don't know who that is but I trust Ballard to make smart decisions moving forward.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, NannyMcafee said:

This is the first preseason I have seen people be so judgmental. The colts never do good in preseason. Ever. 

Then this has to be the first preseason since you've joined because this is absolutely nothing new. Lol

3 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

This is the first preseason I have seen people be so judgmental. The colts never do good in preseason. Ever. 

It's nothing about the preseason games for me, after last season my tolerance of his shenanigans has gotten short, and that tantrum he had about his players just annoyed the % out of me. you don't see well respected coaches go off on a "its not my fault" tantrum like a child.

12 minutes ago, Colton Stenger said:

Is it just me or is anyone else already tired of Pagano and his complaining. He can't blame his GM anymore so he's looking for a new scapegoat to cover his butt, he's a defensive coach with a consistently bad defense and has made poor hirings for offensive coordinator (not counting Arians) and after his last rant blaming his young players for there injuries and lack of production just amazes me, with that attitude he is gonna lose the locker room. I do think Ballard has improved the defense and offense (the addition of Mack at Rb is promising) but I do believe we will not improve as a team until we have a real leader at Head Coach, I don't know who that is but I trust Ballard to make smart decisions moving forward.

Pagano should have been fired 2 years ago.

Just now, Mr.Debonair said:

Ppl keep talking about the preseason. Ppl who are down on Pagano and this team moving forward aren't basing it off the preseason. It's based on the consistent struggles we've had with Pagano at the helm

I completely agree, the easiest thing to point to is that we hired a Defensive coach and our defense has gotten progressively worse

14 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

I bet the Colts have only won 6 preseason games in the last 10 years

Okay, it's a bet.  

Pre-Season     Wins

2016 ... 2

2015 ... 1

2014 ... 0

2013 ... 2

2012 ... 2

2011 ... 1

2010 ... 0

2009 ... 1

2008 ... 1

2007 ... 1

Total pre-season wins previous 10 years = 11.

I win!  Pay up!

Note, the eight years previous to the above, 1999 - 2006, the Colts had 16 preseason wins.

(Source = NFL.com)

1 minute ago, rockywoj said:

Okay, it's a bet.  

Pre-Season     Wins

2016 ... 2

2015 ... 1

2014 ... 0

2013 ... 2

2012 ... 2

2011 ... 1

2010 ... 0

2009 ... 1

2008 ... 1

2007 ... 1

Total pre-season wins previous 10 years = 11.

I win!  Pay up!

I was being facetious brother but averaging 1.1 wins a preseason is funny because we were the winnigest team in the NFL. I still makes me sick the couldn't win more that 1 Superbowl in the period of the 200's

1 minute ago, indyagent17 said:

I was being facetious brother but averaging 1.1 wins a preseason is funny because we were the winnigest team in the NFL. I still makes me sick the couldn't win more that 1 Superbowl in the period of the 200's

lol, of course you were.  In turn, I was being literal.  ;)

All tongue in cheek. :)

As for # of Super Bowl wins, I agree.  We should have at least two more, in 2005 and in 2009.

19 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

Nanny, I never really cared about preseason. But this year is different cause that team we've seen on get outmatched 2 weeks straight is the same team you'll see for at least the first 5 weeks of the real season. Until Luck comes back, this is the reality and reality isn't looking good 

16 minutes ago, Colton Stenger said:

6 games I think that is estimating a little high haha. Did we win a single preseason game when we had manning?

From 1999 to 2010, we had 19 pre-season wins.  I am not counting 2011, when Manning was out for the entire year, not playing at all.  Just checked, in 1998 Colts won 2 pre-season games.  So the official count during the Manning era would appear to be 21 wins. Over 13 years, that is an average of 1.615 per year.

1 hour ago, Colton Stenger said:

:troll:

15 minutes ago, dudley dawson said:

Carroll.thumb.jpg.843eacc13ae2bac012fca42a9e0a8b4c.jpg

Interesting

1 hour ago, TKnight24 said:

Nanny, I never really cared about preseason. But this year is different cause that team we've seen on get outmatched 2 weeks straight is the same team you'll see for at least the first 5 weeks of the real season. Until Luck comes back, this is the reality and reality isn't looking good 

The last two years have been pretty hard to watch. But my issue isn't with the past. The colts have never looked prepared in preseason, as long as I can remember. They didn't stink it up this year. But they're preparing to showcase their skills. Not a lot of scheme involved there. So to have issues with the past is one thing, but to act like this is the regular season of the last two years, just because it compares well, still isn't fair. 

I wanted pagano gone. But I'm ok with it just being Grigson this season. I just prefer to keep my pitchfork in the closet until regular season. 

If pagano fails then he will be sent packing. it's what we all wanted anyway. We weren't going to do anything this year to be completely honest. 

Pagano can't win. People call him soft and complain because he never calls players out when they don't play well. Then he engages in some relatively tough talk -- for him, not compared to the rest of the league; this is the kind of stuff coaches say routinely in the NFL -- and now he's whining and scapegoating.

Double standard. 

Just say you hate Pagano no matter what, stake your position, and be done with it. You don't have to make up reasons for it. 

I honestly just hate the fact that our offense can never come out scoring lol..it gets tiring even discussing the defense at this point it's been a simple thing vs the colts since manning era just RUN THE BALL VS COLTS and you win...and what do you know every team in the division has a star Rb  and they're all clearly planning on Running through us to win

2 hours ago, NannyMcafee said:

The colts never do good in preseason. Ever. 

That's because, generally speaking, they have been weak/thin teams that, without their QBs, would have gone nowhere.  When Manning and Luck play sparingly in preseason, they have no prayer.  

Be prepared for it to spill over to the regular season.  If Luck misses the first 4-5 games, it will be a repeat of 2011.

As for Chuck, it doesn't matter if he's tough or the players' best friend.  Either way, he's still a bad coach.

38 minutes ago, GwinnettColt said:

GM has been replaced and the  O-line and most of the defense has been replaced. There isn't much else to do.  

It is a make or break year for Chuck, no doubt, but this roster is still far, far away from one that could compete for a title..

29 minutes ago, Superman said:

Pagano can't win. People call him soft and complain because he never calls players out when they don't play well. Then he engages in some relatively tough talk -- for him, not compared to the rest of the league; this is the kind of stuff coaches say routinely in the NFL -- and now he's whining and scapegoating.

Double standard. 

Just say you hate Pagano no matter what, stake your position, and be done with it. You don't have to make up reasons for it. 

While I was down on him last year, I was giving him a second chance and this last press conference I wouldn't call that being tough on his players watching his mannerisms and the phrasing he was using it sounds like he's being a cry baby, yes other coaches are tough on there players but when you compare to like how bruce Arians called out his receiving core vs Pagano trying to call out his young players. I think Arians got his point across while Pagano sounded like he was having a tantrum

20 minutes ago, Colton Stenger said:

While I was down on him last year, I was giving him a second chance and this last press conference I wouldn't call that being tough on his players watching his mannerisms and the phrasing he was using it sounds like he's being a cry baby, yes other coaches are tough on there players but when you compare to like how bruce Arians called out his receiving core vs Pagano trying to call out his young players. I think Arians got his point across while Pagano sounded like he was having a tantrum

After reading the things you have said in this thread I find it hipocritical you call Pagano a cry baby.