Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pagano and Colts to take a long look at the back up QB situation

RockThatBlue

Just now, Stephen said:

Yea despite having a 16 to 4 td to int ratio

that was on an offense designed for him, and it still couldn't get them in the victory column

his 186 yards per game was among the worst in the league.  i know they didnt have much at receiver, but i dont think hes a good fit with ty and our other small receivers.  

we might as well try morris 

i get the feeling that some coaches and GMs really struggle functionally admitting they are wrong, and making changes.  As if changing your mind, or allowing competition somehow undermines the position, or makes a coach or GM weak.  To the contrary, I think it shows great leadership when one can adjust, remain open minded, let the best win, reward performance, etc.  The Colts, and us fans, have seen Morris for two pre-seasons.  He's still the best of all the backups.  It shouldn't take this long to pull the trigger.  Period.  It can't get any worse than what Tolzien has shown.  And by all accounts, Tolzien is and has been terrible in camp too.  So, I just don't get it.  Other than this seems to be Pagano's issue - loyal to a fault, a players coach to the detriment of the team, himself, etc. 

12 hours ago, Irsay420 said:

We need to give kap a chance. Dude can play. He doesnt start over luck but hes bettet than the other 3 options we have

Sent from my SM-G935P *

Disagree.

Morris never had more sacks than passing yards.

19 hours ago, HOF19 said:

Story from Stephen Holder SERIOUSLY SUGGESTING to Pagano to put Morris with first teamers......Insider: The Colts aren't working. Time to shake something up....https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2017/08/20/insider-colts-arent-working-time-shake-something-up/581962001/

Duh Stephen. 

The problem I have is that Pagano says we know what we have in Morris. That's nonsense because they know what they have in Lolzien as well. Enough talk......put Morris in with the 1's!