Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Comparing our defense to theirs.

Trace Pyott

It may have been my imagination but it seemed throughout the game that their defenders were almost always laying the wood on anyone on our team with the all and also swarming to the ball carrier. It just seemed like we would make a catch and some guy would dive in like a homing missile and take our carrier out while our guys looked like cannon balls shot out of a civil war artillery piece and seemed to miss their guys. Also it just seemed like their guys were always in a good position to make the tackle. Again our guy would make a catch and it almost always seemed like a defender was right next to them and tackling them almost instantly. They also just seemed way more fast and intense than our guys. My question other than did anyone else feel this way is, if so what is the main cause? Is it our coaches especially our HC or our defensive coordinator or is it our lack of talent? I feel it's coaching because it wasn't just the first teamers it seemed like the whole team was running in honey. Opinions???

Colts have always had a problem tackling example Darius Butler... As for the Cowboys they as well had guys missing tackles or taking bad angles for example Jaylon Smith did it twice on consecutive plays... And he's a really good LB... Guys like Butler have been doing it for a while, not properly wrapping up. It needs to be corrected. 

IMOP The defense most of the players are still learning the playbook and their positions not to mention if the guy beside them is going to cover his back in case of a mistake. This may be the reasoning behind everyone who might be thinking the Defense is running a little slower. Lets see what happens when the Defense plays together over the next two games together.  But over all they are running at the same speed. The tackling by the Defense is what I have a problem with. As for the Cowboys the colts offense are not playing very well that is why it looked like the cowboys where all over the place, To many Colt players out of position. The Coaches are playing a conservative game not taking to many chances and trying to evaluate the players. Usually the first two preseason games are evaluating players and the third and fourth preseason game the coaches  come in with a game plan to see if the starting players can play  with in their assigned area.