Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A public service announcement for your friendly neighborhood CR91

CR91

34 minutes ago, CR91 said:

RELAX!

It's only preseason

Most people know that I am usually very optimistic, and even I know we need a royal flush to be the last team standing in 2017. 

First we will need to finish at least .500 over the first half of the season while key players heal and get up-to-speed. Then we will need to avoid any further injuries to key players (something we have not been able to do in a few years). Then we need the entire defense (which is mostly new faces), to gel into a formidable fine-tuned machine. 

Finally, we will need to get hot at the right time in all three phases; offense, defense, and special teams.

While it is not impossible; it is a tall hill. If we have a successful season then we will have surely earned it. 

7 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

Lol. It's always "relax"

Let's see how relaxed you guys are if another 0-2 start happens for this team with Tolzien as the starter 

If tolzien is the starter then would you honestly expect different?

31 minutes ago, CR91 said:

RELAX!

It's only preseason

Here's the thing, you can use that excuse if Luck was held out for the game and will play in the first game. The fact is though, we don't know if Luck is going to play in the regular season to start out, and we do know Kelly is out the first month, so if Luck is out, the game today for the first half is going to be very similar to what you see in the regular season until Luck returns, and maybe until Kelly returns, and that's what people are reacting too. Also, besides Marlon Mack, no one really stood out, and that's two games there hasn't been many real standouts from our rookies or FA's.

57 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

Lol. It's always "relax"

Let's see how relaxed you guys are if another 0-2 start happens for this team with Tolzien as the starter 

We're going to start 0-2 with Luck out and Tolzein starting.

And we had all better brace for it.        It won't be the end of the season,   but it's not what we all hoped for with a new administration in charge.

We just have to get past this.....

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Here's the thing, you can use that excuse if Luck was held out for the game and will play in the first game. The fact is though, we don't know if Luck is going to play in the regular season to start out, and we do know Kelly is out the first month, so if Luck is out, the game today for the first half is going to be very similar to what you see in the regular season until Luck returns, and maybe until Kelly returns, and that's what people are reacting too. Also, besides Marlon Mack, no one really stood out, and that's two games there hasn't been many real standouts from our rookies or FA's.

John Simon 

Mingo 

Sheard 

All have stood out

42 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

We're going to start 0-2 with Luck out and Tolzein starting.

And we had all better brace for it.        It won't be the end of the season,   but it's not what we all hoped for with a new administration in charge.

We just have to get past this.....

yeah it seems like we are always starting 0-2 ever freaking year Pagano is not cutting it. 

I didn't get a chance to Post on the Game Thread (due to company being over) but read some of the Posts. Yep, just relax. I will feel a lot better about things if we start 3-2 through 5 games and have Luck and Kelly healthy at that point which very well could happen. Tolzien is Bad but we still have 3 really winnable games in the first 5 in Rams, Browns, and 49ers.

3 hours ago, TKnight24 said:

John Simon 

Mingo 

Sheard 

All have stood out

I'll give you Mingo with the forced fumble this game. Simon was just in the right place at the right time with the INT in game 1, I disagree there. I don't remember how Sheard did in the first game, but he was pretty bad last night against the Cowboys. So you are half right IMO, and that's if Sheard had a big first game, and I can't remember because I didn't see that one cause of where I live.

32 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I cant wait for the Pre-Season just to get over, some of the comments on the Game Thread have me rolling around in my grave. OK I am not dead yet but you guys get my point. I hate Pre-Season. It's meaningless.

Except this year it's not meaningless if we don't start the season with Luck. It's basically "what you see is what you get" for the first month with Kelly out and possibly Luck too. You can only say preseason is meaningless if it's backups trying to make the team. This game we had the starters out for a half and they got crushed, and it may mimic that at the start of the season should Luck be out. If Luck starts the season, you may be right, if not, I don't see why you think Tolzien in the regular season will be any better than Tolzien in the preseason with the exact same starters.

True, scores are meaningless.  But individual performances are what you watch for in the preseason.  Our top 2 QBs haven't allowed us to even guess how our top WRs are playing.  Can't really blame the Oline either.  

Our starting front seven, who I believe will be the actual day 1 starters, were destroyed.  Constant missed assignments by the LBs and DBs led to easy catches for first downs.

I used to 'relax' in the Manning era when we lost most of our preseason games because I knew we had very good teams and the coaches were just evaluating.  This hot mess is a different story.  Bad play and bad coaching do not get me relaxed.

10 hours ago, TKnight24 said:

Lol. It's always "relax"

Exactly they saying relax now but won't be singing the same tune if the season don't start off right

I don't know why the expectations are so high for this team for THIS year. Everyone knows we have a new GM. Everyone knows we have an almost entirely new defense. Everyone knows that this is an observation year for Pagano. 

So tell me. Why are there such high expectations? It is in fact preseason and a new set of rules are being implemented. I think everyone needs to calm down. So what, Andrew may not start on day one. We are in a retool at best, and a rebuild at worse. Calm down. 

9 hours ago, Freenyfan102 said:

yeah it seems like we are always starting 0-2 ever freaking year Pagano is not cutting it. 

This year will not be a Pagano thing.

This is a......    we don't have Andrew Luck thing....

We're going to lose this year without him and starting Tolzein....

This is the exact reason why I don't bother watching the preseason.  The quality of play jumps by a lot when you go from preseason to regular season.  If the Colts go 0-4 in the preseason, there's still no reason to panic.  Let's see how the first few games of the regular season play out before panicking.

Just now, 21isSuperman said:

This is the exact reason why I don't bother watching the preseason.  The quality of play jumps by a lot when you go from preseason to regular season.  If the Colts go 0-4 in the preseason, there's still no reason to panic.  Let's see how the first few games of the regular season play out before panicking.

This

3 hours ago, Xander said:

I was relaxed until Kelly got hurt. Now I'm just pessimistic. Seeing Hankins, Woods and Anderson get bullied sucked. 

I was definitely a bit disappointed in the D line, but at the same time the Cowboys O Line pretty much destroys everybodies D Line, so I'm not sure how to feel.

Hopefully they'll look better next week.

12 hours ago, J@son said:

If tolzien is the starter then would you honestly expect different?

TK24 was making a rhetorical statement about how this forum will react should we start out with early loses when games really matter Jason. Please tell me you're not that naive. Unbelievable. 

I know; I know you'll reply with some foolish statement of what else can we do right? Roll with the hand we have been dealt. 

And once again, Pagano will get a pass for our backup's play, just watch. It's gonna happen. 

13 hours ago, CR91 said:

RELAX!

It's only preseason

I am more interested in the "bubble guys" playing than the score.

we've got alot of new faces and need to see them play in order to make the tuff decisions of cuts.  Sure the starters need practice, but actually the depth chosen behind them may be more important.

we're gonna get pushed around with that philosophy of course.

the only real concern, for me, is QB.  But,imo, if Luck cant go, NO available QB can get this current team to the playoffs anyway.

it is what it is.

we do have some young exciting prospects though.

9 hours ago, Ratking said:

Because your predicting tolizen is gonna look better in the regular season? Looking like guaranteed 0-2 start.... Again.... 

I think we are looking at 0-2 no matter who the QB is if Luck is out.  This team is in the process of rebuilding the roster, and yes I know the team doesn't call it that but it's what they are doing, and that wasn't going to happen in one off-season.

with Luck can they maybe be a playoff team?  Sure but that's a little fools gold because Luck is good enough to cover other holes.  

Without Luck those holes stand out like a sore thumb and go way beyond the QB spot.  The difference is the backup QB isn't a super star who can cover up holes like Luck can.  

As as far as the original poster saying relax it's pre-season you have to remember you see backups in there most of the pre-season and even when you see the starters they are very vanilla and teams tend to not show their hands too much.  They also try things to get a look at specific players or plays that they probably wouldn't call during a real game.  That's why you have to be careful not to over react to anything you see in the pre-season either good or bad.  Sure you can see concerns or hope but those won't really be proven until the season starts.

I'm all for not panicking until the regular season. We usually look bad in preseason. Then again, I think it's partly because we rely so heavily on our QB. So I get why people aren't happy.

And just an observation here, but I remember there were people saying this same thing last preseason, "just wait for the regular season, then we can judge." And then after we started to struggle in the regular season that narrative changed to "just wait until halfway through the season, then we can judge" and it seems like the goalposts just kept getting moved until the season was over.

2 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Pathetic!!! All the relax it'll be fine nonsense is false hope. This team is bad and will be bad. If you chose to wait until the regular season to realize that then that's your prerogative. Don't diss those who can clearly see how awful this team is early on

Being negative especially if you can't do anything gets you nowhere

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Being negative especially if you can't do anything gets you nowhere

I'm not being negative and I'm being honest based upon what I see. 

As as a fan you can't do anything neither positive or negative so that part of your comment is silly