PrincetonTiger

Love for nonColts

Recommended Posts

IndyScribe    457

Aaron Rodgers and Jordan Howard and secretly the Browns.

 

11 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Joe Mixon Leonard Fournette Hasson Ridgeway Jarred Davis and Zach Cunninngham and of course Myles Garrett 

Ridgeway plays for the Colts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Colts_Fan12    3,649
2 hours ago, IndyScribe said:

Aaron Rodgers and Jordan Howard and secretly the Browns.

 

Ridgeway plays for the Colts

It's supposed to be Reddick 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DaveA1102    139
23 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Joe Mixon Leonard Fournette Hasson Ridgeway Jarred Davis and Zach Cunninngham and of course Myles Garrett 

 

Can I ask why Joe Mixon?  Off field problems/history not a consideration?

 

Think I would find it hard to root for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DaveA1102    139

For me its Drew Brees.  Consistently great even without a strong supporting cast and in spite of his small stature.

 

Seems like a really good guy as well.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Colts_Fan12    3,649
6 hours ago, DaveA1102 said:

 

Can I ask why Joe Mixon?  Off field problems/history not a consideration?

 

Think I would find it hard to root for him.

Cause he is good and I believe in second chances 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Synthetic    3,444
8 hours ago, DaveA1102 said:

For me its Drew Brees.  Consistently great even without a strong supporting cast and in spite of his small stature.

 

Seems like a really good guy as well.

 

Glad someone finally said it on here. Brees has rarely ever had a decent supporting cast. Outside of Colston the team did not have much until they got Jimmy Graham. Brees usually has B and C grade receivers like Lance Moore, Devery Hendersen and Brandon Coleman. 

 

I think that changes this year though cause Michael Thomas is the real deal and was the main reason they got rid of Brandin Cooks so easily. Thomas was very effective with big catches in coverage, and I'm hoping he can have another break out season with Brees. If I am getting a Saints jersey this year, it's going to be Michael Thomas. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DaveA1102    139
11 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Cause he is good and I believe in second chances 

 

Fair enough.  He certainly has the talent to be something special.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BlacknGold77    38

Pats fan...so I'll exclude any of them

 

Dalvin Cook.

 

He's the most explosive back out of college this year and was the best back in college.  He is very underrated without the McCaffrey/Fournette hype train and really had some major character attacks around the draft.  All of his "off field" issues were conjecture and rumors, except for his troubles as a freshman.

 

His 3 years at FSU, he split carries as a freshman and was the only weapon on the team as a sophomore and junior.

 

FR:  170 carries, 1,008 yards, 5.9 ypc, 8 td, 22 rec, 203 yds, 1,211 yds from scrimmage

SO:  229 carries, 1,691 yards, 7.4 ypc, 19 td, 24 rec, 244 yds, 1,935 yds from scrimmage

JR:  288 carries, 1,765 yards, 6.1 ypc, 19 td, 33 rec, 488 yds, 2,253 yds from scrimmage

 

Over 2 years as the main back he put up 6.8 ypc in the ACC, and had 4,100 yards from scrimmage and 40 TD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Valpo2004    2,475
22 hours ago, DaveA1102 said:

 

Can I ask why Joe Mixon?  Off field problems/history not a consideration?

 

Think I would find it hard to root for him.

 

I'm rooting fort him because I don't think it's fair or right that we live in a world where a woman hits him when he strikes back he's treated like some sort of monster.  Then the woman who started the whole thing in the first place gets treated like she's a poor little victim and we should all feel sorry for her.

 

I keep saying that if I went and did what she did to a NFL offensive lineman (The size and strength difference being comparable or greater) and that happened to me people would laugh at me and say I deserve it.  

 

A woman does it and she's suppose to just get free reign.  

 

D'Qwell Jackson punched a pizza guy (Who didn't hit him first) and he got no punishment.  It was barely noticed.

 

Some cowboys player got drunk, drove got in an accident which killed a teammate.  When he came back and started playing again I said that I thought that was inappropriate and I was treated like I'm a big jerk for not being cool with the drunk driver who killed someone a 2nd chance.  

 

Again this guy got someone killed and he's cool, but Mixon punches a girl who hit him first and he's a monster who shouldn't be allowed to play in the league.  

 

For the record I will freely admit I do have a bit of a bias against drunk drivers because I had a friend from college who was killed by one soon after she graduated. 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bananabucket    579

^To be fair, blasting someone in the face for pushing you is over the top no matter who it is.  And while I do not feel bad for the girl, it does reveal something about Mixon's character that he would do that.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Valpo2004    2,475
59 minutes ago, bananabucket said:

^To be fair, blasting someone in the face for pushing you is over the top no matter who it is.  And while I do not feel bad for the girl, it does reveal something about Mixon's character that he would do that.

 

 

 

She pushed him and then slapped him across the face.

 

Maybe you could argue somewhat from a moralistic prospective that his response was excessive.

 

But again, in this country people don't tend to see it that way if it's a guy vs. a guy even if there is a massive size difference.  If a guy starts something, people will usually cheer if he gets pounded for it.  So arguing that isn't in keeping with how we usually view these things.

 

Thing is that ultimately she hit him first, he struck back ending her violent attack.  That doesn't make him a monster.  At worst that makes him human.  Quite frankly if you ask me he's a person who was defending himself and his dignity.  Slapping another person across the face is not just a physical attack it's an insult on their dignity.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bananabucket    579
7 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

 

But again, in this country people don't tend to see it that way if it's a guy vs. a guy even if there is a massive size difference.  If a guy starts something, people will usually cheer if he gets pounded for it.  So arguing that isn't in keeping with how we usually view these things.

 

 

This I agree with.  The double standard is nonsensical and annoying.

 

Quote

Thing is that ultimately she hit him first, he struck back ending her violent attack.  That doesn't make him a monster.  At worst that makes him human.  Quite frankly if you ask me he's a person who was defending himself and his dignity.  Slapping another person across the face is not just a physical attack it's an insult on their dignity. 

.

This I don't really agree with.  Calling it a violent attack is a stretch, he was clearly in no danger.  And when you are so physically superior to someone, a full force punch in response to a slap is definitely excessive.  Just because there is a double standard doesn't make it right, I'd say the same thing if he were doing it to a scrawny weakling of a man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BlacknGold77    38
Just now, bananabucket said:

 

This I agree with.  The double standard is nonsensical and annoying.

 

.

This I don't really agree with.  Calling it a violent attack is a stretch, he was clearly in no danger.  And when you are so physically superior to someone, a full force punch in response to a slap is definitely excessive.  Just because there is a double standard doesn't make it right, I'd say the same thing if he were doing it to a scrawny weakling of a man.

 

 

equal rights, equal fights

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chad72    6,435
9 minutes ago, bananabucket said:

 

This I agree with.  The double standard is nonsensical and annoying.

 

This I don't really agree with.  Calling it a violent attack is a stretch, he was clearly in no danger.  And when you are so physically superior to someone, a full force punch in response to a slap is definitely excessive.  Just because there is a double standard doesn't make it right, I'd say the same thing if he were doing it to a scrawny weakling of a man.

 

I agree, to an extent. But then, I have been slapped by a drunk woman in a bar before (in Cleveland when I was single and used to hit what they called "The Flats") but I just gave her a look and walked away, it wasn't worth my time to argue or retaliate. She came up to me as I was entering the bar, put her arms around me, flirted with me gibberishly, and then slapped me. Nothing good was going to come out of it. I was actually going "WTH just happened" :) It is actually more credit worthy when a man who is capable of easily hurting you chooses not to hurt you in a heat of the moment situation, IMO. 

 

It is similar to any other disproportionate response like someone pulling out a gun because someone else cut him off in traffic. I could however understand them flipping them off. :) 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BlacknGold77    38
23 minutes ago, chad72 said:

 

I agree, to an extent. But then, I have been slapped by a drunk woman in a bar before (in Cleveland when I was single and used to hit what they called "The Flats") but I just gave her a look and walked away, it wasn't worth my time to argue or retaliate. She came up to me as I was entering the bar, put her arms around me, flirted with me gibberishly, and then slapped me. Nothing good was going to come out of it. I was actually going "WTH just happened" :) It is actually more credit worthy when a man who is capable of easily hurting you chooses not to hurt you in a heat of the moment situation, IMO. 

 

It is similar to any other disproportionate response like someone pulling out a gun because someone else cut him off in traffic. I could however understand them flipping them off. :) 

 

right.  they should be open for getting hit back if initiating the violence.

 

where it becomes person to person is what your reaction level is to the situation regardless of gender.  Some are more level headed and walk away from violent situations, other go in the red.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BloodyChamp    688

I'm rooting for McCaffrey and Keuchley but it would sure be alot easier if they weren't on a team full of punks. Also Freeman, which is also hard because I have no desire to see the Falcons succeed after they ruined it for themselves before. Cook for the Vikings is my favorite I guess because the Vikings deserve it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Valpo2004    2,475
3 hours ago, chad72 said:

 

I agree, to an extent. But then, I have been slapped by a drunk woman in a bar before (in Cleveland when I was single and used to hit what they called "The Flats") but I just gave her a look and walked away, it wasn't worth my time to argue or retaliate. She came up to me as I was entering the bar, put her arms around me, flirted with me gibberishly, and then slapped me. Nothing good was going to come out of it. I was actually going "WTH just happened" :) It is actually more credit worthy when a man who is capable of easily hurting you chooses not to hurt you in a heat of the moment situation, IMO. 

 

It is similar to any other disproportionate response like someone pulling out a gun because someone else cut him off in traffic. I could however understand them flipping them off. :) 

 

I could maybe give you a disproportionate response but it's not nearly as disproportionate as you paint in your second paragraph.  Being cut off in traffic is an annoyance, but that's it.  It's not a physical strike and it's not an insult upon one's dignity.  

 

And while I would say it's for the best that you walked away, I find it infuriating how he's being treated like he's a monster for this.  I mean the guy could have continued to pound her after the one hit but he didn't.

 

Quite frankly the guy probably wasn't thinking and just reacted to being hit.  

 

And the problems with this doesn't just apply to Joe Mixon, it's happening a lot.  I was watching the 2nd season of Last Chance U and their QB went through a pretty similar scenario.  A woman got mad at him at a bar and starts hitting him, he reacts and hits her back, loses his scholarship, no one wants to pick him up and he's treated like he's a monster.  

 

He ends up at this Junior college and he's quite frankly the most level headed person in the entire show.  He's more mature and level headed then the freaking head coach is.  He keeps up with this school work doesn't cause problems, leads the team, etc etc.  

 

This is going to keep coming up and it's probably going to happen more often.  Quite frankly these incidences have shown women that they are exempt from the rules about hitting men.  And the more they see themselves as culturally exempt the more they are going to do it.  And I don't mean that as a insult to women overall, but if you make any group of people feel exempt from the rules, they are going to act like it.

 

Something needs to change...

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chad72    6,435
12 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

 

I could maybe give you a disproportionate response but it's not nearly as disproportionate as you paint in your second paragraph.  Being cut off in traffic is an annoyance, but that's it.  It's not a physical strike and it's not an insult upon one's dignity.  

 

And while I would say it's for the best that you walked away, I find it infuriating how he's being treated like he's a monster for this.  I mean the guy could have continued to pound her after the one hit but he didn't.

 

Quite frankly the guy probably wasn't thinking and just reacted to being hit.  

 

And the problems with this doesn't just apply to Joe Mixon, it's happening a lot.  I was watching the 2nd season of Last Chance U and their QB went through a pretty similar scenario.  A woman got mad at him at a bar and starts hitting him, he reacts and hits her back, loses his scholarship, no one wants to pick him up and he's treated like he's a monster.  

 

He ends up at this Junior college and he's quite frankly the most level headed person in the entire show.  He's more mature and level headed then the freaking head coach is.  He keeps up with this school work doesn't cause problems, leads the team, etc etc.  

 

This is going to keep coming up and it's probably going to happen more often.  Quite frankly these incidences have shown women that they are exempt from the rules about hitting men.  And the more they see themselves as culturally exempt the more they are going to do it.  And I don't mean that as a insult to women overall, but if you make any group of people feel exempt from the rules, they are going to act like it.

 

Something needs to change...

 

 

 

I understand where you are coming from. Hopefully it is not a recurring pattern we need to be concerned about as a society. Violence has no place in civil society, no matter what gender initiates it.

 

I definitely do not agree with the extreme vilification and demonizing of the aggressor in these particular instances, that part I agree with you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BR-549    1,079
1 hour ago, Valpo2004 said:

 

I could maybe give you a disproportionate response but it's not nearly as disproportionate as you paint in your second paragraph.  Being cut off in traffic is an annoyance, but that's it.  It's not a physical strike and it's not an insult upon one's dignity.  

 

And while I would say it's for the best that you walked away, I find it infuriating how he's being treated like he's a monster for this.  I mean the guy could have continued to pound her after the one hit but he didn't.

 

Quite frankly the guy probably wasn't thinking and just reacted to being hit.  

 

And the problems with this doesn't just apply to Joe Mixon, it's happening a lot.  I was watching the 2nd season of Last Chance U and their QB went through a pretty similar scenario.  A woman got mad at him at a bar and starts hitting him, he reacts and hits her back, loses his scholarship, no one wants to pick him up and he's treated like he's a monster.  

 

He ends up at this Junior college and he's quite frankly the most level headed person in the entire show.  He's more mature and level headed then the freaking head coach is.  He keeps up with this school work doesn't cause problems, leads the team, etc etc.  

 

This is going to keep coming up and it's probably going to happen more often.  Quite frankly these incidences have shown women that they are exempt from the rules about hitting men.  And the more they see themselves as culturally exempt the more they are going to do it.  And I don't mean that as a insult to women overall, but if you make any group of people feel exempt from the rules, they are going to act like it.

 

Something needs to change...

 

 

I hear where you are coming from and I respect your opinion in the matter but one problem that I have with your argument is the measure of dignity.  

 

By your standard Mixon not only regained his dignity by knocking the woman unconscious, but also has shown all the other women that were there or have seen the video what they might face if they dare challenge a man's dignity.  That punch could just as easily have seriously injured or even killed her.

 

The problem with the "eye for an eye" stance in this matter is once you hit a woman, or a weaker man if you must, it becomes easier to justify next time.  It works both ways, but I was raised to not hit women period.

 

I would not have drafted him myself, but mostly because there are others that I would not have to worry about what type of domestic issues they have potential for (Mack).  But I don't consider that to be treating him "like a monster."

 

Trust me, I completely understand what you are trying to convey though and I do respect your opinion (once again).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BlacknGold77    38
On 8/22/2017 at 5:02 PM, BR-549 said:

I hear where you are coming from and I respect your opinion in the matter but one problem that I have with your argument is the measure of dignity.  

 

By your standard Mixon not only regained his dignity by knocking the woman unconscious, but also has shown all the other women that were there or have seen the video what they might face if they dare challenge a man's dignity.  That punch could just as easily have seriously injured or even killed her.

 

The problem with the "eye for an eye" stance in this matter is once you hit a woman, or a weaker man if you must, it becomes easier to justify next time.  It works both ways, but I was raised to not hit women period.

 

I would not have drafted him myself, but mostly because there are others that I would not have to worry about what type of domestic issues they have potential for (Mack).  But I don't consider that to be treating him "like a monster."

 

Trust me, I completely understand what you are trying to convey though and I do respect your opinion (once again).

 

it has nothing to do with challenging dignity.

 

it's as simple as teaching a set of the population that you dont have the right to assault someone with impunity just because you have a privates

 

No one has the right to assault another person....same as everyone has the right to defend themselves from an assault.  A difference in size/strength/gender doesn't mean you aren't allowed to retaliate.  It just means you have a better shot at defending yourself.

 

Real simple...if you dont want to get punched in the face, dont initiate a fight.  period.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BR-549    1,079
2 minutes ago, BlacknGold77 said:

 

it has nothing to do with challenging dignity.

 

it's as simple as teaching a set of the population that you dont have the right to assault someone with impunity just because you have a v-a-g-i-n-a

 

No one has the right to assault another person....same as everyone has the right to defend themselves from an assault.  A difference in size/strength/gender doesn't mean you aren't allowed to retaliate.  It just means you have a better shot at defending yourself.

 

Real simple...if you dont want to get punched in the face, dont initiate a fight.  period.

Dignity wasn't my words so in context it had everything to do with it.

 

I don't care to argue with you about it.  Already been through the conversation during draft season, feel free to read that thread.  

Its not that simple and I completely disagree with you.

 

I will just say that if you are comfortable hitting a woman, by all means have at it.  Just don't do it around me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
crazycolt1    6,271
23 minutes ago, BR-549 said:

Dignity wasn't my words so in context it had everything to do with it.

 

I don't care to argue with you about it.  Already been through the conversation during draft season, feel free to read that thread.  

Its not that simple and I completely disagree with you.

 

I will just say that if you are comfortable hitting a woman, by all means have at it.  Just don't do it around me.

In all fairness women have gotten much more violent over the last decade. There have been a substantial increase in arrest from law enforcement in every section of criminal activity that includes physical violence.

I don't think BnG thinks it's OK to hit a female he was just pointing out the mindset of those females that use the fact of them being a woman as an excuse to get away with their violence. He has a valid point.

I to was raised never to hit a woman. But if a woman came at me with a knife or gun and I had a chance to blast her up side the head with my fist, I would.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BR-549    1,079
Just now, crazycolt1 said:

In all fairness women have gotten much more violent over the last decade. There have been a substantial increase in arrest from law enforcement in every section of criminal activity that includes physical violence.

I don't think BnG thinks it's OK to hit a female he was just pointing out the mindset of those females that use the fact of them being a woman as an excuse to get away with their violence. He has a valid point.

I to was raised never to hit a woman. But if a woman came at me with a knife or gun and I had a chance to blast her up side the head with my fist, I would.

Well sure.... I agree with that.  I think most would.

 

I was married to a violent drunk woman for way too long.  She slapped me once (over nothing I might add) and I had to bare down and bite my lip to keep from knocking the dog ___ out of her.  She swung again with intent to hurt me and I caught her fist in mid-air and sorta shoved her back away from me and put her on the floor holding her down. It didn't end there, but she never swung on me again.  

 

Just like in my case CC1, if you are dealing with women of that sort don't you have to question yourself as to why you are around those type to begin with?  

 

There are arguments both ways which is why I said I didn't want to argue about it because it won't change either of our minds.  I probably should not have commented to begin with, but it goes too deep with me and I think it is inexcusable, in most instances, to hit a woman.  

 

There is a difference in self defense and hitting a woman because she slapped you.  In Mixons case I am not sure which it was, but I doubt his life was in danger.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BlacknGold77    38
11 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

In all fairness women have gotten much more violent over the last decade. There have been a substantial increase in arrest from law enforcement in every section of criminal activity that includes physical violence.

I don't think BnG thinks it's OK to hit a female he was just pointing out the mindset of those females that use the fact of them being a woman as an excuse to get away with their violence. He has a valid point.

I to was raised never to hit a woman. But if a woman came at me with a knife or gun and I had a chance to blast her up side the head with my fist, I would.

 

this.

 

My whole point was that simply being a woman doesnt make you immune from retaliation.  And if you are going to initiate violence, there's no reason for you to not expect to get hit back.  black, white, man, woman.

 

If you go around hitting people, you are going to get hit back.  Sure some people have more patience and won't immediately respond with violence, but some will.  That's a fact regardless of your gender.

 

Once again, being a woman is not carte blanche to go around assaulting others with no consequences.  You want to be treated equal?  Guess what, hitting someone in the face means you're going to get hit back

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BR-549    1,079
2 hours ago, BlacknGold77 said:

 

this.

 

My whole point was that simply being a woman doesnt make you immune from retaliation.  And if you are going to initiate violence, there's no reason for you to not expect to get hit back.  black, white, man, woman.

 

If you go around hitting people, you are going to get hit back.  Sure some people have more patience and won't immediately respond with violence, but some will.  That's a fact regardless of your gender.

 

Once again, being a woman is not carte blanche to go around assaulting others with no consequences.  You want to be treated equal?  Guess what, hitting someone in the face means you're going to get hit back

I will agree with that.... no question some use it to their advantage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nadine    5,193

I don't agree with hitting back when someone is clearly less powerful than you.  I agree that a woman shouldn't do this and agree that a man can and should defend himself, even file charges if he's inclined.  But meeting violence with violence when it's not for self protection is just violence. 

 

Just speaking up for women, seems like there's a lot of hostility in here toward women.  It's just this one woman after all.

 

Personally, I've never seen a woman behave that way. Nor have I ever seen a man behave that way. MOST people do not behave this way. Certainly not enough to warrant advocating always striking a woman when 'they've got it coming.'

 

I mean you can carry this meet violence with violence to extremes.  How about if an old man hits an NFL player? How about a teen?

 

Civilized people defuse volatile situations regardless of who is in the right and whose pride had been offended

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PrincetonTiger    5,837
10 minutes ago, Nadine said:

I don't agree with hitting back when someone is clearly less powerful than you.  I agree that a woman shouldn't do this and agree that a man can and should defend himself, even file charges if he's inclined.  But meeting violence with violence when it's not for self protection is just violence. 

 

Just speaking up for women, seems like there's a lot of hostility in here toward women.  It's just this one woman after all.

 

Personally, I've never seen a woman behave that way. Nor have I ever seen a man behave that way. MOST people do not behave this way. Certainly not enough to warrant advocating always striking a woman when 'they've got it coming.'

 

I mean you can carry this meet violence with violence to extremes.  How about if an old man hits an NFL player? How about a teen?

 

Civilized people defuse volatile situations regardless of who is in the right and whose pride had been offended

 

 

I just read a story about the former wrestler Archie Gouldie(The Mongolia Stomper) who got in a fight with his neighbor and beat him up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nadine    5,193
1 hour ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I just read a story about the former wrestler Archie Gouldie(The Mongolia Stomper) who got in a fight with his neighbor and beat him up

Did he feel threatened by his neighbor? Was he defending himself? Or did he just get mad?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.