Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 2 who impressed

hambone35

Its week two complete, still a lot of the same names impressed. 

Quincy Wilson looked great young but looking good.

Marlin Mack wow love it

Jo jo natson still looking great

Bostic looked good first game but will continue

Simon need I say more yes there is others but I will leave it to others here.

MACK

He's gonna be our number 1 back by the end of the season. Bet on it. Gore will get a handful of carries backing him up. The kid is Shady 2.0 I've said it for a while. He brings something to the table at RB we haven't had in a good minute lol.

29 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I may catch heat over it, but tbh TJ Green really wasn't all that bad for his first game playing CB. Yes he needs to get better at looking for the ball, but he had good coverage most of the time and had an impressive break up.

They went after him constantly and even though they made some catches, Green was right there.  Needs work but shows promise. 

I hate to say this about a Buckeye, but Powell didn't look good. I had hope for him, he have size.  

I'm saying this because I paid attention. Grover Stewart is going to be pretty darn good player when he gets further along. That kid is * strong at the line of scrimmage. You need a double on him. I saw him consistently walking the Cowboys linemen into the backfield. Didnt always result in him making the play but the brute strength is definitely there. Needs a little work on locating the ball carrier, but I do see the talent.

4 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

I may catch heat over it, but tbh TJ Green really wasn't all that bad for his first game playing CB. Yes he needs to get better at looking for the ball, but he had good coverage most of the time and had an impressive break up.

He just needs to look for the ball sometimes

8 hours ago, IndyScribe said:

Marlon Mack.

Yep. Joe Philbin is a great O-Line coach.

I don't know how anybody comes to that conclusion. Our offense of line consistently asked like they don't know what to do. They are out of position they miss blocks as if they don't anticipate what's happening. They can't pick up looping defenders.  Behind our line backing unit this is our worst coached group. 

24 minutes ago, JMichael557 said:

I don't know how anybody comes to that conclusion. Our offense of line consistently asked like they don't know what to do. They are out of position they miss blocks as if they don't anticipate what's happening. They can't pick up looping defenders.  Behind our line backing unit this is our worst coached group. 

Philbin has a history of great O-Lines - Packers and Dolphins. The O-Line situation could stem from other problems. There have been a lot of injuries and there are some new players/developing players on the line.

11 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

You won't from me...for his first game at CB he played his man tight but still needs to have better ball awareness.  I am glad that they are utilizing his talents to see where he fits best.

12 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

Philbin has a history of great O-Lines - Packers and Dolphins. The O-Line situation could stem from other problems. There have been a lot of injuries and there are some new players/developing players on the line.

If you look at Philbin's resume he coached the offensive line as THE offensive LIne coach for ONLY I year. That was in 2006 in Green Bay and they did not set the world on fire.  Somehow a rumor got started that Philbin was some great offensive line coach in the past. It is just not true and it shows with our line. 

9 hours ago, krunk said:

I'm saying this because I paid attention. Grover Stewart is going to be pretty darn good player when he gets further along. That kid is * strong at the line of scrimmage. You need a double on him. I saw him consistently walking the Cowboys linemen into the backfield. Didnt always result in him making the play but the brute strength is definitely there. Needs a little work on locating the ball carrier, but I do see the talent.

I saw the same and he did a very good job of penetrating, sans the illegal hands to the face penalty.

Jonathan Cooper looked good playing for the Cowboys..... even with his struggles he was a better option then who we had at our guard spots besides mewhort 

Cowboys will more then likely have an O line full of pretty much first rounders!! how about they share some of the good linemen :(

I think Margus Hunt has more than just special teams value. Hes hard to move at the point of attack and he gets penetration against the pass. I like him as an interior rusher. Put those big long paws in the quarterbacks passing lanes.

11 hours ago, krunk said:

As i said previously we certainly need to find a way to keep Natson. Kid is a gamer. Between him, Aiken and Rogers I can see why Dorsett is being shopped.

Natson is the reason Dorsetts being shopped IMO. Colts almost can't cut him at this point, so someone else is gonna have to go.