Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Marlon Mack

TKnight24

15 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Gore was brought in because the front office thought we were a couple of pieces away from a Super Bowl berth. The team has gone 8-8 the 2 seasons since his signing. We're not contenders this year either, with or without him. In my opinion, it may be time to move on.

No gore is on last year of contract. He stays this year and wont get resigned next. It would be dumb to cut him now when pope and fergurson are inferior to him

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've already said in one of these Mack threads. He's the real deal. I've seen his tape from college and what he's done thus far in preseason. He's extremely athletic, quick, fast, slippery, elusive, and has some killer moves. Cuts, etc and HE CAN create his own and HE CAN run up the middle.....Which some questioned that entering the draft. I see all the talent and all the characteristics in him that tells me he's gonna be a superstar. As in top 5-7ish RB in the NFL. Shady McCoy type player with Shady type talent. This kid is going to prove to be a big steal of the draft. I do believe we've finally hit big on a mid rounder...It certainly appears so, as I see Marlon Mack being our premier RB for the next 8 years. We'll draft a bigger, power back to pair with him next season, and next year (18-19 season) with 1st and 2nd year guys from this year improved, a few big FA signings, some depth signings, and another draft and we're a top tier team. Imagine Mack, Wilson, Hooker, and Basham in their 2nd seasons. Haeg, Swoop, etc having 2 full years under their belt. etc. Yeah.

OK. Now to all this crap about cutting Gore. That's a stupid thought, and would be an incredibly stupid move. It would NOT help us financially. He's got his guaranteed money. ????? He along with/splitting carries with Mack will be a dynamic rushing attack. Take a lot of the load off Gore. But yeah. So we cut a veteran RB who can still play at a high level, and who just ran for 1,000 yards behind a mediocre, but young, improving, developing OL ???? A classy vet who'll show Mack the ropes and the way to be a pro on and off the field ??? A vet who'll teach Mack all about about the NFL, how to do this, that, etc ??? A vet who will help Mack improve as a runner ??? And oh yeah. A vet who happens to be one of the best men in the NFL. Yeah. Totally makes sense. I mean I'm stunned we haven't already cut him. Just baffled. lmao ....

But seriously. When Kelly and Luck are on the field. Luck probably by week 1-2. Don't see him missing but a game or maybe.....MAYBE 2. Kelly will probably miss 5-6 games.....**** !!!!!! Still mad about that, but yeah once we have our C back around week 6-7 or PLEASE around week 4-5 Gore and Mack will be one of the best. Like one of the top 5 best 1-2 punches at RB in the NFL. Bet on it.

2 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Looks like a mix of Le'Veon Bell and Shady McCoy on that second video.

I've been saying Shady 2.0 since the beginning but I got laughed at & "let's wait until...". If anybody can't see it then I'm sorry they don't know talent.  This kid is a TY clone, small school, fast, overlooked & you are correct a top 5 level back & I will go one step further, a top 5 fantasy pick by yr 3!  

#threeheadedmonster122513

1 minute ago, NDcolt said:

maybe I haven't seen enough of Jamal to make the comparison but  shady should be his calling card.  Either way a win for the colts!

They have similiar styles. Fast slashers who can catch and block. Ahmad bradshaw is another comparison. Looks like he has good patience, vision, speed,and cutting ability. Can stop on the dime to make a defender miss and keep going full blast. Also he fights for extra yards and falls forward. Good receiver as well.

PFF TOP 5 GRADES

HB Marlon Mack, 84.1 overall grade

WR JoJo Natson, 83.0 overall grade

Joe Haeg, 82.1 overall grade

Le’Raven Clark, 81.7 overall grade

ED Akeem Ayers, 80.7 overall grade

PERFORMANCES OF NOTE:

Mack finished the game with not only a team-high grade, but also a game-high run grade of 81.9. He forced five total missed tackles on just seven total touches and an incredible 542.9 elusive rating. Albeit a small sample size, the rookie from USF looked impressive touting the ball against the Cowboys.

2 hours ago, Stephen said:

They have similiar styles. Fast slashers who can catch and block. Ahmad bradshaw is another comparison. Looks like he has good patience, vision, speed,and cutting ability. Can stop on the dime to make a defender miss and keep going full blast. Also he fights for extra yards and falls forward. Good receiver as well.

The comparison to Slim Shady is every time they touch the ball they go platinum.  Your eyes seem glued just waiting for the breakaway spectacular!  Ballard hit it out of the park

On 20/08/2017 at 3:51 AM, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I was referring to the fact that they let Wayne walk even though he was also a former 'Cane, & future HOFer, not to mention a Colts legend. If it can happen to him, it can happen to Gore.

A) Reggie's contract was up, we didn't cut him.

B) Reggie will be the first to tell you that he wasn't playing like his old self.

C) he had fallen down the depth chart before his deal expired because TY and Moncrief were out playing him and he was playing through lingering injuries.

D) it made no sense for us to bring him back with the situation we were in.

E) Reggie retired later that year anyway.

Hardly any, if any, of that applies to Gore.

6 hours ago, NDcolt said:

The comparison to Slim Shady is every time they touch the ball they go platinum.  Your eyes seem glued just waiting for the breakaway spectacular!  Ballard hit it out of the park

Shady and charles are both homerun hitters. Id go a step further and say some of his jump cuts remind me of LT

8 hours ago, JRnINDY said:

PFF TOP 5 GRADES

WR JoJo Natson, 83.0 overall grade

Joe Haeg, 82.1 overall grade

Le’Raven Clark, 81.7 overall grade

ED Akeem Ayers, 80.7 overall grade

PERFORMANCES OF NOTE:

Mack finished the game with not only a team-high grade, but also a game-high run grade of 81.9. He forced five total missed tackles on just seven total touches and an incredible 542.9 elusive rating. Albeit a small sample size, the rookie from USF looked impressive touting the ball against the Cowboys.

Absolutely insane. Was watching the game in the Chat and said that Marlon Mack breaks ankles. He is so good, and I think we may of found our RB for the next ten years. He may be the best player we drafted in this class when it's all set and done.

I can't believe people are even suggesting that gore should be cut or that Mack should start over him....

Yes he looked great, but it was against people who probably won't be on a roster come Sept 10th. He showed some real shake and elusiveness which I loved, but let's see it against the 1s first.. not 3/4 way through the second preseason game.

I'm definitely excited for what he could be but let's all calm down for now.

12 minutes ago, Chucklez said:

I can't believe people are even suggesting that gore should be cut or that Mack should start over him....

Yes he looked great, but it was against people who probably won't be on a roster come Sept 10th. He showed some real shake and elusiveness which I loved, but let's see it against the 1s first.. not 3/4 way through the second preseason game.

I'm definitely excited for what he could be but let's all calm down for now.

It's an advantage for us if we use both IMO. Gore can still be very effective if he only carries the ball 10-12 times. It's a nice advantage to have 2 Good RB's.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's an advantage for us if we use both IMO. Gore can still be very effective if he only carries the ball 10-12 times. It's a nice advantage to have 2 Good RB's.

I agree, but until we see more from him everyone needs to calm down and take a more measured approach.

I'm all for being excited, but until proven otherwise gore is the starter.

On 8/19/2017 at 9:05 PM, TKnight24 said:

Not to rain on the parade, because I think Mack looks great, but Kravitz was pretty high on Richardson too:

But Richardson’s addition gives the Colts the kind of stud running back they haven’t had since Edgerrin James. And he’s not just a runner. He’s a very good pass catcher, no small addition for a team that was at the bottom of the league in completions to running backs last year. He’s strong in pass protection

11 minutes ago, Myles said:

Not to rain on the parade, because I think Mack looks great, but Kravitz was pretty high on Richardson too:

But Richardson’s addition gives the Colts the kind of stud running back they haven’t had since Edgerrin James. And he’s not just a runner. He’s a very good pass catcher, no small addition for a team that was at the bottom of the league in completions to running backs last year. He’s strong in pass protection

I don't really care for Kravitz that much and never have...but I would not judge his expertise on Mack just in this one statement.  I am sure there were a lot of scouts and coaches who thought Trent was going to be a stud as well.  Everyone makes a mistake or two.  We just happened to get the worst part of that trade making us look really bad.

On 8/19/2017 at 10:13 PM, Smonroe said:

I don't care if Mack gets a 150 yards next week.  They're not cutting Gore.  Just stop,

Yep, they won't won't even move Mack ahead of Gore on the depth chart even though they should. If they were that smart Morris would be practicing with the first team. Mack is our best RB

6 minutes ago, WERC82 said:

Yep, they won't won't even move Mack ahead of Gore on the depth chart even though they should. If they were that smart Morris would be practicing with the first team. Mack is our best RB

Gore is the pounder and mack breaks ankles

1 minute ago, WERC82 said:

Gore get the starting job on reputation only. In all his years with SF he averaged over 4 per. Hasn't done that with the Colts. Mack will and should be the No. 1. Youth is almost always a better option at RB.

You're right, he gets it on his reputation of being a solid starter for over a decade in the league. I'm as excited for Mack as anyone, but I want to see him do it against some starters first. If he deserves it, the job will be his.

49 minutes ago, BPindy said:

You're right, he gets it on his reputation of being a solid starter for over a decade in the league. I'm as excited for Mack as anyone, but I want to see him do it against some starters first. If he deserves it, the job will be his.

That's how I feel.  I think Mack is going to be good but I want to see more than a few plays in a preseason game before we crown him.

That guy who said we'd cut Gore if Mack does good in the preseason must have been imbibing Saturday.  I can't blame him after that performance.

On 8/19/2017 at 8:56 PM, CheezyColt said:

At this point, yes. At the end of last year or before the offseason, not as much.  He hasn't done anything to warrant being cut. A 4th round draft pick that just took his first snaps and had a decent game against backups shouldn't have any bearing on his place on the roster. 

He's 35, and has lost a step (to put it nicely). You think Ballard should shell out $3.5 million just because he was able to eek out 1,000 yards in a 8-8 season? And why would we want to be younger and faster at every position EXCEPT for runningback?

23 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

He's 35, and has lost a step (to put it nicely). You think Ballard should shell out $3.5 million just because he was able to eek out 1,000 yards in a 8-8 season? And why would we want to be younger and faster at every position EXCEPT for runningback?

Yep gore stay for this season. Now im not saying he should start if Mack out performs him going against the 1s but gore can atleast spell mack in that situation and tourbin can remain the short yardage guy

On 8/20/2017 at 3:26 PM, AustexColt said:

Does Chud know how to design plays to exploit Mack's mismatch and coach him to run in order to extend his durability throughout the season.

Have you seen anything to make you think Chud can do that? Not I...

On 8/20/2017 at 3:12 PM, COLTS449 said:

It would NOT help us financially. He's got his guaranteed money. ?????

No, it would actually save the Colts Gore's base salary of $3.5m this year. He has no guaranteed money until Week 1 starts, when his full salary is guaranteed.

I wouldn't cut him, of course...