Marlon Mack

TKnight24

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Are you saying we just have 2 RBs?

Who is the 3rd RB that's better than Gore?

Or the 4th if anyone gets hurt?

Pope or Ferguson. I’d be fine with that. Take the emotions out of it. If Mack plays with the first team wk3 against the stealers. Mack does well during that game. You have to take it into consideration. I thought in 2012 we’d still draft Luck and keep Manning. Well never happened that way. It’s a business. 

Just now, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I was referring to the fact that they let Wayne walk even though he was also a former 'Cane, & future HOFer, not to mention a Colts legend. If it can happen to him, it can happen to Gore.

Ahh...got ya'.  Well, Reg wasn't under contract.  Frank is.

Wonder what his cap hit would be?  I'm completely clueless on those things, lol,

7 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Veterans teach the kids things like conditioning, taking care of your body.  Being able to handle the pressure of a long season.  Learning how to win at the next level.  How to handle the press.  The mental part of the game.  How to look at film.

It really isn't all hogwash.

Yes it is hogwash. Conditioning is why the Colts hired a staff? 

Just now, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Would it really bother you if the Colts parted ways with Frank Gore? If so, why?

At this point, yes. At the end of last year or before the offseason, not as much.  He hasn't done anything to warrant being cut. A 4th round draft pick that just took his first snaps and had a decent game against backups shouldn't have any bearing on his place on the roster. 

4 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Would it really bother you if the Colts parted ways with Frank Gore? If so, why?

Yeah, I think so.  I like that Frank has showed up ready to play each week.  He's durable, albeit with less carries projected this year.  I like that he's a *constant* 1k runner.

Turban and Mack are unknowns carrying a full load.  Not so much with Frank.

Just my opinion.

26 minutes ago, a06cc said:

We won’t be screwed. We have Turbin who can do what Gore does for this team. Mack doesn’t need Frank to teach him anything. I could see if it was a WR. Again that’s what a coach is for. 

Turbin is a good short yardage back, otherwise he is nowhere near Gore. He's not going anywhere.

1 minute ago, a06cc said:

Pope or Ferguson. I’d be fine with that. Take the emotions out of it. If Mack plays with the first team wk3 against the stealers. Mack does well during that game. You have to take it into consideration. I thought in 2012 we’d still draft Luck and keep Manning. Well never happened that way. It’s a business. 

I don't really have an emotional attachment to Gore like Chuck does, or vice versa, and I agree that Mack should become the starter sooner rather than later if he continues to flash potential like this.  I just don't see how Gore slips past #2 on the depth chart.

You really think Turbin, Pope or Ferguson are better than Gore?  I don't think any of them have proven that they are better than Gore at this point.  He isn't flashy, but Frank is the definition of reliable.

6 minutes ago, bananabucket said:

Turbin is a good short yardage back, otherwise he is nowhere near Gore. He's not going anywhere.

Gore was brought in because the front office thought we were a couple of pieces away from a Super Bowl berth. The team has gone 8-8 the 2 seasons since his signing. We're not contenders this year either, with or without him. In my opinion, it may be time to move on.

35 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Gore was brought in because the front office thought we were a couple of pieces away from a Super Bowl berth. The team has gone 8-8 the 2 seasons since his signing. We're not contenders this year either, with or without him. In my opinion, it may be time to move on.

Sadly, Turbin has never seen full action before and we don't know if he could handle it. I'm not against the idea I suppose, but as a voice in the locker room, Gore is definitely more of one that Turbin is. 

37 minutes ago, BPindy said:

Appreciate all the good stuff youre finding! Game was blacked out here - but WOW Mack looks the part

NFL Network showed the game unless you were in indy or Dallas then you had to check the local channels 

Fox59 I thought was indy channel 

Joseph Addai never started a game his rookie year yet led us in rushing. No need to force Mack onto the field either. Use Gore, Mack, & Turbin in a timeshare. Keep all 3 fresh for the stretch run at the end of the season & let Mack grow into the role.  By the end of the year, he will have established himself as our lead back. 

5 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Mack was really impressive. Its nice to have a RB that can catch the football too. Imagine how good he will be on screens.

Yeah he definitely seems to have the ability to create, that's for sure.  Looks explosive and also doesn't look like a pushover.  Pretty strong for his size.  

2 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

Joseph Addai never started a game his rookie year yet led us in rushing. No need to force Mack onto the field either. Use Gore, Mack, & Turbin in a timeshare. Keep all 3 fresh for the stretch run at the end of the season & let Mack grow into the role.  By the end of the year, he will have established himself as our lead back. 

Yeah I agree, mix him in with Gore, Turbon, keep the legs fresh.  

Why not start Mack?  Gore and company won't get you one or two yards per carry and Luck would be force to throw and end up getting sacked again and again and ultimately result in an injury.  You saw how Mack can make a difference on a team, it keeps the defense honest and will extend the life of Luck.....So I say start him, like Dallas started Zeke...

Can we pump the brakes on putting Mack in the Hall of Fame after one glorified practice against a mishmash of second-string and third-string players?

Not saying he doesn't show promise, but let's not start making a rolling ball of butcher knives just yet. 

IMO, Gore still has value to the team. He can still get the tough yards and is good in pass protection and if his guaranteed money is already paid, what would we gain by cutting him ? I have read many quotes from Mack that he learns a lot from Gore, there are some things that a vet can teach that a coach cant. I say we use Gore and Turbin to wear down the defense then use Mack to get the big play.

5 hours ago, gacoop1 said:

Why not start Mack?  Gore and company won't get you one or two yards per carry and Luck would be force to throw and end up getting sacked again and again and ultimately result in an injury.  You saw how Mack can make a difference on a team, it keeps the defense honest and will extend the life of Luck.....So I say start him, like Dallas started Zeke...

I’m with you on starting Mack as well.

10 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I don't really have an emotional attachment to Gore like Chuck does, or vice versa, and I agree that Mack should become the starter sooner rather than later if he continues to flash potential like this.  I just don't see how Gore slips past #2 on the depth chart.

You really think Turbin, Pope or Ferguson are better than Gore?  I don't think any of them have proven that they are better than Gore at this point.  He isn't flashy, but Frank is the definition of reliable.

Reliable for a 3 yard gain.

I love everything about Frank Gore BUT he is old and slow for an NFL running back. Did you all not think that he looked really slow. The NFL is just to fast. I cannot see him being kept over the younger backs if you are keeping the best players. We have to start building with younger, faster players. 

9 hours ago, TKnight24 said:

NFL Network showed the game unless you were in indy or Dallas then you had to check the local channels 

Fox59 I thought was indy channel 

Im in NC, so I have no idea why it was blacked out but NFL network said there were broadcast restrictions. Oh well

51 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I like how Mack looked last night as much as anybody, but one preseason game just isn't enough for me to think we should cut Gore. 

Gore just had a 1000 yard season. He isn't going to be cut and shouldn't be cut, IMO. 

Despite that he was one of the worst starting running backs in the league last year