TKnight24

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, CheezyColt said:

To learn from?

For depth?

Because Pagano ain't gonna cut a former Hurricane and future hall of famer?

Take your pick. You're being silly.

Not being silly. He doesn’t need Gore’s help. That’s what the RB coach is for. They have different running styles. I prefer his at the time being. Can hit the holes quicker than Gore.

7 minutes ago, a06cc said:

Not being silly. He doesn’t need Gore’s help. That’s what the RB coach is for. They have different running styles. I prefer his at the time being. Can hit the holes quicker than Gore.

I don't disagree with any of that. Bit there's zero reason to believe Gore will be cut because a rookie RB had a decent game against backups in a game that Gore barely played in because he's so very very entrenched as the starter.

Talk to me after you see Gore start against the Rams.  

If he makes the trip sure 

Gore is our starting running back. Mack is a rookie. He will learn the ropes this year. No way does Gore get released this season. If we did and Mack suffered any injury resulting in missing some games, were kinda screwed.

1 minute ago, CheezyColt said:

I don't disagree with any of that. Bit there's zero reason to believe Gore will be cut because a rookie RB had a decent game against backups in a game that Gore barely played in because he's so very very entrenched as the starter.

I’m going to see what happens week 3 of course. But speed is on Mack’s side. 

4 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

Gore is our starting running back. Mack is a rookie. He will learn the ropes this year. No way does Gore get released this season. If we did and Mack suffered any injury resulting in missing some games, were kinda screwed.

We won’t be screwed. We have Turbin who can do what Gore does for this team. Mack doesn’t need Frank to teach him anything. I could see if it was a WR. Again that’s what a coach is for. 

1 minute ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Yeah, all that talk about veteran leadership is hogwash.

Yeah, right....

It is hogwash at RB position. Who was the vet that taught Elliot to jump over defenders? What about the combo out there in Arizona? 

8 minutes ago, a06cc said:

We won’t be screwed. We have Turbin who can do what Gore does for this team. Mack doesn’t need Frank to teach him anything. I could see if it was a WR. Again that’s what a coach is for. 

Are you saying we just have 2 RBs?

Who is the 3rd RB that's better than Gore?

Or the 4th if anyone gets hurt?

5 minutes ago, a06cc said:

It is hogwash at RB position. Who was the vet that taught Elliot to jump over defenders? What about the combo out there in Arizona? 

Veterans teach the kids things like conditioning, taking care of your body.  Being able to handle the pressure of a long season.  Learning how to win at the next level.  How to handle the press.  The mental part of the game.  How to look at film.

It really isn't all hogwash.