Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Should Luck try to find a new team?

Mr.NotSoCreative

It is a worst nightmare for colts fans, myself included, but do you think Luck will try to get traded in the next couple years? Say New England? It seems as though the Colts brass have tried to get the guy killed, lacerated kidney, shoulder, list is lengthy. How can you consistently not protect your best player? Our back ups should have fear for their careers. 

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't recall a franchise QB ever leaving a team because he may have thought the management wasn't doing their job or that the team stinks (correct me if I am wrong).

It is usually the other way around.  Management thought they drafted someone who would be the franchise QB and they didn't work out so they were traded.... i.e. RGIII among others.

15 minutes ago, ND Irish said:

It is a worst nightmare for colts fans, myself included, but do you think Luck will try to get traded in the next couple years? Say New England? It seems as though the Colts brass have tried to get the guy killed, lacerated kidney, shoulder, list is lengthy. How can you consistently not protect your best player? Our back ups should have fear for their careers. 

Instant ban^

This seems to be related to that IndyStar article about Luck's injury timeline. Our coaches and FO, well Grigson and Irsay, are really taking a pounding after that article.

I know I'm not supposed to care what people outside the fanbase say and all that but I couldn't help but be taken back by the amount of hate thrown our way on the NFL subreddit.

Certainly not looking to be crucified here. I have been a Colts fan since i was little kid, Jack Trudeau days, and have not felt this pesimistic about an upcoming season. Longtime Cubs and Fighting Irish fan as well so I am certainly used to the ups/downs. I have hope for our horseshoe, but also a gut feeling it might be brutal to watch in the next couple months.

For a teams next 3 first round picks....I might listen...But I am different than most fans. I have not tied myself to any one Colt player emotionally except number 19 who is is my favorite player of my life....JOHNNY U   4EVER.........and GO COLTS 4EVER !!!!!

The time for Luck to bail would have been before he signed that new contract. Let's face it, would you have signed, knowing that 1) your head coach was a doofus who seemed completely incapable of putting together anything resembling a real game plan, and 2) most of the guys that your bonehead GM put around you were a bunch of overhyped, underachieving slappys? I'm kind of amazed that Luck didn't sit out his fifth year and demand to be released or traded. At least there's hope now with Ballard on board and Chuck strapped into an ejection seat that Irsay/Ballard could launch at the first sign of continued doofus-ness. 

1 hour ago, ND Irish said:

Certainly not looking to be crucified here. I have been a Colts fan since i was little kid, Jack Trudeau days, and have not felt this pesimistic about an upcoming season. Longtime Cubs and Fighting Irish fan as well so I am certainly used to the ups/downs. I have hope for our horseshoe, but also a gut feeling it might be brutal to watch in the next couple months.

Since you are a Cubs fan I wont say anything bad about this thread but Luck will never leave nor will we trade him.

2 hours ago, ND Irish said:

Kind of early to be drinking?  

2 hours ago, ND Irish said:

Look If Peyton could survive the stormy o-line of the colts all those years I'm sure luck can do the same. However this time Luck might actually get the blockers he needs unlike Peyton who had to sadly come up with secret call plays to keep a defense for Rocking him (which worked by the way at times)

2 minutes ago, Shadow_Creek said:

Look If Peyton could survive the stormy o-line of the colts all those years I'm sure luck can do the same. However this time Luck might actually get the blockers he needs unlike Peyton who had to sadly come up with secret call plays to keep a defense for Rocking him (which worked by the way at times)

The Manning Colts had a good offensive line until 2008. 

These Colts are coached like they have the Hogs in front of the QB. I know the line isn't great, but the coaching makes it worse. 

Point is moute.  He just signed a long term contract with the Colts that he can't get out of except to retire and then they can franchise tag him three years after that if they have too.  He's here for the eight years at least.  Even if he wanted out he's not getting out.