Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who will be the next dynasty?

NannyMcafee

4 hours ago, GoPats said:

This is a great example. No one on this board cares about this because it's the Broncos! LOL... Peyton's home away from home. Similar to the whole PED thing with Manning a couple of years ago. People don't react consistently to "evidence" and bias runs rampant. Not saying he did anything wrong, but... it's hard to ignore certain things. 

It's the same situation with a guy like Howard Mudd. Google it and you'll find that no one was better at stealing signals than he was. If you know your history, you also know it was part of the game, and had been for decades.

But... since it's not the Patriots (pure evil) or the Saints (stole a SB from Indy), no one cares. haha

Let's clear something up, Howard Mudd never videotaped his opponents signals. He watched tape, figured it out and then read them from the sidelines. That's just being a great coach.

1 minute ago, GoatBeard said:

I'm sure you were just as objective about the Peyton Manning HGH investigation, right? :lol:

24 minutes ago, GoPats said:

I'm sure you were just as objective about the Peyton Manning HGH investigation, right? :lol:

Yeah that was actually proven false. This was confirmed to be true. Just not against the rules apparently. Loopholes. Still doesn't make it any less shady.

If Peyton Manning used HGH,  he was wrong for doing it and shpudve been punished. But he didn't use it and anyone with half a brain knows he is smart enough to not have it shipped to his home address lol

I don't really care about any of this, but comparing Peyton at 38, given his circumstance, using HGH isn't apples to apples to what the Patriots have done. And as far as I know he didn't test positive for anything and the NFL cleared him (while presumably wanting to punish everyone for everything..).

To the question, there's a few teams that could do it, but frankly none of them will emerge until the Patriots under Brady (at least) go away.

If the Steelers won another with Ben, they'd have a loose dynasty, akin to the Spurs.

I think the Packers *should* be that team as much as anyone, as Rodgers is by far and away the most uniquely talented QB in the game, but they haven't yet.

I'd like to think our squad will get it sorted out, but at this moment I'm too clouded with pessimism to see how that happens without more massive roster turnover..

Whoever posted that article about finding the next dynasty by history -- One team in specific comes to mind when reading the headline: "Amassing talent quickly." Cleveland. So many high draft picks recently and in the near future. If they get a good QB and their coaches can get those young players meshing together and playing well and disciplined, they might surprise people. Then again, I personally don't have the most (or any) faith in their management & coaching decisions. But the Ravens have fell off since Ray Lewis retired, the Steelers don't have the run game and big defense approach that worked so well in January anymore and the Bengals... no telling what state they're in except the fact they can't win a playoff game if they get there.  I don't think it's too far fetched to think the Browns have a shot to at least challenge for their division in the near future - provided they find good QB play and Coaching

23 hours ago, GoatBeard said:

If Peyton Manning used HGH,  he was wrong for doing it and shpudve been punished. But he didn't use it and anyone with half a brain knows he is smart enough to not have it shipped to his home address lol

Totally makes sense. I'm sure if a couple of Brady-hired thugs showed up at someone's house claiming to be cops, you'd be just as quick to dismiss it. (Is the eye roll self-evident here? LOL...)

Eh, we'll let it go. Peace and harmony to you. :thmup:

13 minutes ago, GoPats said:

Totally makes sense. I'm sure if a couple of Brady-hired thugs showed up at someone's house claiming to be cops, you'd be just as quick to dismiss it. (Is the eye roll self-evident here? LOL...)

Eh, we'll let it go. Peace and harmony to you. :thmup:

I'm sorry I meant to say.......many others are using it, and many others have used it, so he can use it if he wants. 

Have a good one. 

There won't be another dynasty until another Bill Belichik, Bill Walsh, or Vince Lombardi is born. Somebody is already thinking JIMMY JOHNSON SO HA!!!!!!! Ok but a coach not generally considered to be an all time great has only been a part of 1 dynasty ever and that was it. It's not like that's something you can count on happening every so often. 

I personally have Johnson rated higher than most but that's another post.

On 8/28/2017 at 8:04 PM, WoolMagnet said:

Don't be a naive homer.  It may fly on the Pats forum (the one that doesnt allow IPs from the Indy are)

Whoa, really? The Pats forum blocks Indy IP's? I'm not saying you're wrong, but it's just that's the first I've heard of it.

13 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

Whoa, really? The Pats forum blocks Indy IP's? I'm not saying you're wrong, but it's just that's the first I've heard of it.

I haven't been on their forum in a while since around the SB. I had no problem getting in there. I used to go there just to read the comments but never have been a member.

5 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

There won't be another dynasty until another Bill Belichik, Bill Walsh, or Vince Lombardi is born. Somebody is already thinking JIMMY JOHNSON SO HA!!!!!!! Ok but a coach not generally considered to be an all time great has only been a part of 1 dynasty ever and that was it. It's not like that's something you can count on happening every so often. 

I personally have Johnson rated higher than most but that's another post.

I have Jimmy Johnson rated real high, he is in my Top 10 actually. Had he stayed with Dallas he would've ran the 90's to the end.

14 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

I should clarify.  Back in the heat of the manning-brady days (polian was here).  I remember many in indy area could not get on whatever the main Pats forum was.  I font know if IP address or perhaps zip code or area code but i do remember the "conspiracy" . haha

i'm in pa, but i only come here anyway. 

1 hour ago, ReMeDy said:

It's been a while but the Pats forum I tried to go into wouldn't let me in. I think there is more than one Pats room though. I am not too sure.

18 hours ago, GoatBeard said:

I'm sorry I meant to say.......many others are using it, and many others have used it, so he can use it if he wants. 

Have a good one. 

Just for the record, I actually believe that if an NFL player is coming off an injury, he should be ALLOWED to take whatever a "normal" person would take to recover, under the direction of a doc. 

On 8/29/2017 at 4:46 AM, Synthetic said:

Deflategate was hands down, the dumbest manufactured controversy in recent history...The Colts got beat down so bad in that game...

the colts get way too much blame for deflategate

all they did was ask the league to look into it.  they were hardly involved with, or even mentioned in the wells report 

Getting off topic somewhat but Johnson is high on my list. He was a good player and a good DC, which is overshadowed by all the hardware he went on to win as a HC. He was 1 Flutie magic play away from having 1 more piece of hardware as a HC to. Then the SBs...then the Dolphins where he never had a losing season in spite of how that last season ended. The truth is he was right about Marino the whole time. If only he wouldn't have made that 1 knuckleheaded comment that first season. 

Raiders are definitely up there, as well as the Titans in my opinion. The AFC South is improving, but the team that has the best overall roster is the Titans in my opinion. They also seem to be lucky when it comes to injuries, since I don't remember any significant injuries this past or current offseason.