Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

T.J Green at SS

twfish

So this has popped into my mind more than a handful of times since we drafted Hooker, even more since Geathers is out. I know he's getting reps at CB and in my opinion it's likely to help out his coverage ability. But why not use the kid where he could likely excel more than as a FS or a CB? Let him run around and thump the daylights out of people. As quick as he is, he can run down a RB around the edge. I believe this would help slow the game down for him and slow us to play to his strengths until Geathers hopefully comes back and he can back up both geathers and hooker and hopefully continue to refine his ball skills. Can you imagain a back field with the 2 incredibly gifted athletes playing to their strengths? Both over 6 foot tall and both likely sub 4.4 guys

8 minutes ago, twfish said:

So this has popped into my mind more than a handful of times since we drafted Hooker, even more since Geathers is out. I know he's getting reps at CB and in my opinion it's likely to help out his coverage ability. But why not use the kid where he could likely excel more than as a FS or a CB? Let him run around and thump the daylights out of people. As quick as he is, he can run down a RB around the edge. I believe this would help slow the game down for him and slow us to play to his strengths until Geathers hopefully comes back and he can back up both geathers and hooker and hopefully continue to refine his ball skills. Can you imagain a back field with the 2 incredibly gifted athletes playing to their strengths? Both over 6 foot tall and both likely sub 4.4 guys

It was what I had envisioned as well...time will tell.

22 minutes ago, Pacergeek said:

You are writing this suggestion as if Green is a good football player. He isn't. Another busted Grigson draft pick

Give him another year.  He's played three or four positions in the last four years.  Landon Collins was bad his first year, some called him a bust.  

I agree, he was a stretch at that draft position but hindsight....

24 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Give him another year.  He's played three or four positions in the last four years.  Landon Collins was bad his first year, some called him a bust.  

If he was a good football player, they wouldn't be searching three or four positions for him to play.

2 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Another parallel to Collins is that the Giants actually moved him from FS to SS after his terrible rookie season, and boom, Pro Bowl player.

16 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Another parallel to Collins is that the Giants actually moved him from FS to SS after his terrible rookie season, and boom, Pro Bowl player.

Right.  And no one is saying he'll follow suit, but you have to give some of these guys a little more time than others.  

He has the measurables, so now we have to see if he can use them.  

Reminding people that Darius Butler was once a 2nd round pick who got waived and was then signed by the Colts.  He's been a very nice versatile player.  If Green can play some quality backup CB and backup S I see no problem with having committed a 2nd round pick for him.

And I thought it was a very bad pick at the time by Grigson.