Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jared's Fantasy Football Advice for 2017

13 minutes ago, chad72 said:

This is what my neighbor wrote to me and my neighbor (this is the lousiest reason I have heard):

I disallowed the trade. I think it was a fair swap but a trade between the first place team and the last place team at this point in the season creates an unfair imbalance to the rest of the league. My goal is to make this league as competitive as possible. Sorry guys.

This is what I wrote back to him:

That is never a valid reason to deny a FAIR swap, IMO. I punched in the details of the swap on several sites before proposing it. 

Chad

I had a hobbling Delanie Walker and Ryan Griffin as my TEs, so I thought I had to make a trade. To me, that is gross abuse of power as commish.

Ya that is kind of crappy. But I do understand his point. You should explain to him that your trade makes his team more competitive. Its not like it was a fire sale.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Ya that is kind of crappy. But I do understand his point. You should explain to him that your trade makes his team more competitive. Its not like it was a fire sale.

You know what, I am going to be a bigger man and let it go because it does me no good at this point. I have spoken what I needed to via email in person, no need for public beration.

Here is also the deal, there are 5 more weeks to go, and 8 out of 12 teams make the playoffs. So, it is not like the #12 seed can't move up to #8 in 5 weeks (he is just 2 games behind in the loss column from the #8 seed). Plus, for 8 weeks, he played Zach Ertz, and Brate was on his bench all the time. Oh well!!!

I also picked up Vernon Davis as a 1 week streamer. I took a flier on Greg Olsen, who is to come back from IR and had to drop Latavius Murray because of the uncertainty at TE. Now, I have 3 TEs - Delanie Walker, Vernon Davis and Greg Olsen, we will see how it works out.

12 minutes ago, chad72 said:

You know what, I am going to be a bigger man and let it go because it does me no good at this point. I have spoken what I needed to via email in person, no need for public beration.

Here is also the deal, there are 5 more weeks to go, and 8 out of 12 teams make the playoffs. So, it is not like the #12 seed can't move up to #8 in 5 weeks (he is just 2 games behind in the loss column from the #8 seed).

I also picked up Vernon Davis as a 1 week streamer. I took a flier on Greg Olsen, who is to come back from IR and had to drop Latavius Murray because of the uncertainty at TE. Now, I have 3 TEs - Delanie Walker, Vernon Davis and Greg Olsen, we will see how it works out.

Well I would not consider it a public berating. I just feel, as you can see how I run my league, that the league itself should have the most say and should be included in on the conversation. The Commissioner should only be there as a tie breaker or settle disputes and stuff.  I think if you can statistically explain how your neighbor having a RB helps him be more competitive then it should be a good thing. If his only response is his concern about making you better, then that should not be a valid reason, so long as the person you are getting has the chance to be competitive as well with the trade. If all other owners agree with him, then the league will have spoken. But the league should have a say.

Dak Prescott vs KC or Wentz vs Denver

I am torn on this. KC's D is so hard to predict. One week, they gang up on the run and thus play more zone coverage thus giving up tons of yards in the passing game. Other weeks, when they do not respect the passing game (like vs Siemian), they plan man coverage more and make it hard on the passing more.

I am thinking the former will happen since Zeke is playing. Wentz, not sure if he will score more FGs like Alex Smith did but if Osweiler does not give a short field for Wentz, ala Siemian, Wentz could be good for 2 TDs, tops without huge yardage and maybe a couple of FGs. 

I am leaning towards Dak mainly because Zeke makes that passing game more efficient, IMO.

14 hours ago, chad72 said:

Dak Prescott vs KC or Wentz vs Denver

I am torn on this. KC's D is so hard to predict. One week, they gang up on the run and thus play more zone coverage thus giving up tons of yards in the passing game. Other weeks, when they do not respect the passing game (like vs Siemian), they plan man coverage more and make it hard on the passing more.

I am thinking the former will happen since Zeke is playing. Wentz, not sure if he will score more FGs like Alex Smith did but if Osweiler does not give a short field for Wentz, ala Siemian, Wentz could be good for 2 TDs, tops without huge yardage and maybe a couple of FGs. 

I am leaning towards Dak mainly because Zeke makes that passing game more efficient, IMO.

Same thoughts here. 

I'm in a tricky flex.  

Alshon Jeffrey vs den

M. Mack or F. Gore @ Hou

J. Allen @ Ten.

I've got jeffrey now, but nobody looks like a top pick top me.

3 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Same thoughts here. 

I'm in a tricky flex.  

Alshon Jeffrey vs den

M. Mack or F. Gore @ Hou

J. Allen @ Ten.

I've got jeffrey now, but nobody looks like a top pick top me.

Given how the Ravens have been unpredictable with their RBs, since Alex Collins went off last week, it might be J. Allen's turn this week. 

If it is a PPR league, and Zach Ertz is still hurting with that hamstring, Alshon Jeffrey could score enough catches, like 6 for 70 yards etc. but I still doubt he scores. Given the Broncos' weakness vs TEs, not sure if they game plan to take Ertz out, we will see. 

I have Brady and Wentz in the money league that I'm in.  Wentz was a nice surprise this year since I picked him up in the later rounds of the draft.  I am currently tied for the top spot in my division, but with a win tonight, hopefully the other guy loses this week (which it looks like he will), I will be back on top.  I lost last week to him because a couple players didn't get their normal stats, while a couple of my bench players went off (Will Fuller and Lamar Miller vs Seattle) which would have won me the match-up (Lost by 4 points).  

Winning the division is the top priority at this point of the season before playoffs. 

4 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Ouch, I had green too but that's real bad.

Yeah, I had been riding Kareem Hunt, Fournette, and Kamara plus have Benjamin, Cooks and Fuller for the #1 seed. Kareem Hunt has cooled down (hope he picks up after the bye, that is typically how the Chiefs have rolled in other years where they pick things up after the bye week), Fournette has been MIA for 3 weeks, and I have run into the top 2 scoring teams both week though I scored about 90 points both weeks (the other guys exceeded 120 both times - the previous week with Ravens' D, McKinnon, Forbath and freaking Isaiah Crowell went off, and this week, my opponent had Julio, TY, Brissett, Adrian Peterson, Evan Engram, Tyreek Hill and NO defense, it just kept on coming. Not to mention, I blew it by keeping Benjamin on the roster on TNF. 

In another league, I had both Ertz and Fournette and was scrambling last minute again. Sometimes, it just does not matter how well you do. It is not who you play but when you play them.

9 hours ago, chad72 said:

Yeah, I had been riding Kareem Hunt, Fournette, and Kamara plus have Benjamin, Cooks and Fuller for the #1 seed. Kareem Hunt has cooled down (hope he picks up after the bye, that is typically how the Chiefs have rolled in other years where they pick things up after the bye week), Fournette has been MIA for 3 weeks, and I have run into the top 2 scoring teams both week though I scored about 90 points both weeks (the other guys exceeded 120 both times - the previous week with Ravens' D, McKinnon, Forbath and freaking Isaiah Crowell went off, and this week, my opponent had Julio, TY, Brissett, Adrian Peterson, Evan Engram, Tyreek Hill and NO defense, it just kept on coming. Not to mention, I blew it by keeping Benjamin on the roster on TNF. 

In another league, I had both Ertz and Fournette and was scrambling last minute again. Sometimes, it just does not matter how well you do. It is not who you play but when you play them.

disgusted-clint-eastwood.gif?ssl=1ubRTNCT.gif

1 hour ago, Narcosys said:

Robert Woods vs Hou

or

K. Allen @ Jax

Allen is proven, but has seen a dip in numbers lately and is facing the Jags, the solid #1 pass defense. Woods is a streaming/flex option most weeks with a low floor but has a soft target in Houston.

Woods, hands down, very difficult to pass vs Jaguars plus Ramsey is not suspended. But then, if the Jags get ahead considerably in the game, you might get garbage TD production from Allen. I am leaning towards Woods in this case.

1 hour ago, teganslaw said:

In PPR lineups, Evan Engram has been a nice surprise. He's the only one who's doing anything worthwhile for the Giants.  I had McCoy in one of my PPR lineups, and he got me 2.5 points against the Jets. Big disappointment there. 

Injuries change everything in FF. OBJ and Brandon Marshall going down meant other mouths are going to benefit. :) 

For what it is worth, if Greg Olsen is still available in your league, roster him, his upside is worth a roster spot, he is supposed to come back after the week 11 bye. I am hoping he does because I have rostered him in 3 leagues. :) 

Need Flex assistance for a yahoo league I am in:

WRs: Brandin Cooks, Robert Woods, Kelvin Benjamin, Will Fuller

RBs: Leonard Fournette, Alvin Kamara, Dion Lewis (Kareem Hunt on bye)

Need to play 5 for flex. I am leaning towards the bolded. I am very much torn on Benjamin.

Same league as above:

Jags D vs Chargers, Seahawks D at Ari, Lions D vs Cleveland

Leaning towards the bolded.

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 7:15 PM, Virtuoso80 said:

I have Brady and Wentz in the money league that I'm in.  Wentz was a nice surprise this year since I picked him up in the later rounds of the draft.  I am currently tied for the top spot in my division, but with a win tonight, hopefully the other guy loses this week (which it looks like he will), I will be back on top.  I lost last week to him because a couple players didn't get their normal stats, while a couple of my bench players went off (Will Fuller and Lamar Miller vs Seattle) which would have won me the match-up (Lost by 4 points).  

Winning the division is the top priority at this point of the season before playoffs. 

Is there a question here?

14 hours ago, chad72 said:

Need Flex assistance for a yahoo league I am in:

WRs: Brandin Cooks, Robert Woods, Kelvin Benjamin, Will Fuller

RBs: Leonard Fournette, Alvin Kamara, Dion Lewis (Kareem Hunt on bye)

Need to play 5 for flex. I am leaning towards the bolded. I am very much torn on Benjamin.

Same league as above:

Jags D vs Chargers, Seahawks D at Ari, Lions D vs Cleveland

Leaning towards the bolded.

Its hard to trust patriot RB's, and I usually trust WR over RB's.  But its about the only choice you have. I've got Lions D too. It's a better matchup and they are a top 10 Fantasy Defense I believe.

5 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Is there a question here?

Oh no, just saying Wentz was a nice surprise, since I picked him up in the late rounds (around 10-11) while I drafted Brady in the 5th I believe.  I just need a better TE: so I was debating if I should make a trade for gronkowski while offering Wentz, so i could pair gronk with brady.

7 minutes ago, Virtuoso80 said:

Oh no, just saying Wentz was a nice surprise, since I picked him up in the late rounds (around 10-11) while I drafted Brady in the 5th I believe.  I just need a better TE: so I was debating if I should make a trade for gronkowski while offering Wentz, so i could pair gronk with brady.

That's a tough sell, because most people are gong to have a decent QB that really won't make up the difference for losing Gronk. You would have to tie a TE into it as well.

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 10:02 AM, chad72 said:

Injuries change everything in FF. OBJ and Brandon Marshall going down meant other mouths are going to benefit. :) 

For what it is worth, if Greg Olsen is still available in your league, roster him, his upside is worth a roster spot, he is supposed to come back after the week 11 bye. I am hoping he does because I have rostered him in 3 leagues. :) 

I didn't know that Olsen was suppose to return this year; I thought he had a season ending injury. I'll have to monitor his status. Thanks for the info. 

3 hours ago, Virtuoso80 said:

Well he has Andy Dalton (not so great) and the injuried Jamies Winston 

Better hope he's desperate then. The difference in points between the qb he's gaining and the qb he is using has to be greater than losing gronk and the TE he has to use. You're gaining a TE, a number #1 TE at that. You can afford to lose a TE along with the qb. Plus I find it standard to offer a replacement for the position you're taking when the traded players don't match.

If you want the deal, you need to package it. I wouldn't make the trade if it were me. Because there's QB's on waiver that he can stream each week. Like tyrod Taylor this week.

8 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Better hope he's desperate then. The difference in points between the qb he's gaining and the qb he is using has to be greater than losing gronk and the TE he has to use. You're gaining a TE, a number #1 TE at that. You can afford to lose a TE along with the qb. Plus I find it standard to offer a replacement for the position you're taking when the traded players don't match.

If you want the deal, you need to package it. I wouldn't make the trade if it were me. Because there's QB's on waiver that he can stream each week. Like tyrod Taylor this week.

Talking about Tyrod Taylor, do I go with Tyrod Taylor vs NO at home or Matt Ryan vs DAL at home? This is a standard league, 4 pts for passing TDs.

Tyrod's rushing yards adds another dimension in a standard league where only 4 pts are given for a passing TD. In a league where 6 pts are provided, I would say I would lean towards Matt Ryan. Not sure about the standard league though.

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Talking about Tyrod Taylor, do I go with Tyrod Taylor vs NO at home or Matt Ryan vs DAL at home? This is a standard league, 4 pts for passing TDs.

Tyrod's rushing yards adds another dimension in a standard league where only 4 pts are given for a passing TD. In a league where 6 pts are provided, I would say I would lean towards Matt Ryan. Not sure about the standard league though.

You're sitting in a bad spot. NO blitzes a lot, if the bills line plays like it did last week, he's getting sacked. Tyrod doesn't get a whole lot if rushing yards, and has only got his rushing TD's in the past two weeks. 

Ryan faces a similar tough matchup and its at home with a must win gave for them. Elliot is out so the cowboy may have o rely on their passing while the falcons will probably utilize freeman alot...if he ever gets his butt in gear. Ryan may not pass much.

I think the tie breaker is if julio plays. 

11 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

You're sitting in a bad spot. NO blitzes a lot, if the bills line plays like it did last week, he's getting sacked. Tyrod doesn't get a whole lot if rushing yards, and has only got his rushing TD's in the past two weeks. 

Ryan faces a similar tough matchup and its at home with a must win gave for them. Elliot is out so the cowboy may have o rely on their passing while the falcons will probably utilize freeman alot...if he ever gets his butt in gear. Ryan may not pass much.

I think the tie breaker is if julio plays. 

If Julio plays, I am rolling with Matt Ryan here.

If Julio does not play, the only QB worth a decent match up available is Ryan Fitzpatrick, do I play him vs the Bucs in this revenge match?

On 11/9/2017 at 5:34 AM, Narcosys said:

Its hard to trust patriot RB's, and I usually trust WR over RB's.  But its about the only choice you have. I've got Lions D too. It's a better matchup and they are a top 10 Fantasy Defense I believe.

The Broncos have issues with smaller RBs, IMO. Even at their best, Theo Riddick, Tevin Coleman kind of backs gave them more issues than the workhorse RBs. Their strength at LB has dwindled considerably due to which TEs and scat RBs are getting more production against them.

So it boils down to Kelvin Benjamin vs Dion Lewis for flex. Given that it is a new team for Benjamin plus Lattimore playing outstanding shut down DB stuff, I think I might lean towards Dion Lewis. If the game gets away from the Broncos, which is likely to happen around quarter 4, the run becomes more useful for killing time and right now, Dion gets a good share of between the tackle carries, IMO. 

My other options for FLEX are Will Fuller, not touching him till they change QB there. Sterling Shepard and Corey Davis are on the waiver wire too, what do you think?

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

If Julio plays, I am rolling with Matt Ryan here.

If Julio does not play, the only QB worth a decent match up available is Ryan Fitzpatrick, do I play him vs the Bucs in this revenge match?

Without mike Evans idk if I could trust fitz. It may be the better matchup, but that's a tough choice.  If you think the other receivers can match up well then go fitz. 

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

The Broncos have issues with smaller RBs, IMO. Even at their best, Theo Riddick, Tevin Coleman kind of backs gave them more issues than the workhorse RBs. Their strength at LB has dwindled considerably due to which TEs and scat RBs are getting more production against them.

So it boils down to Kelvin Benjamin vs Dion Lewis for flex. Given that it is a new team for Benjamin plus Lattimore playing outstanding shut down DB stuff, I think I might lean towards Dion Lewis. If the game gets away from the Broncos, which is likely to happen around quarter 4, the run becomes more useful for killing time and right now, Dion gets a good share of between the tackle carries, IMO. 

My other options for FLEX are Will Fuller, not touching him till they change QB there. Sterling Shepard and Corey Davis are on the waiver wire too, what do you think?

You make sound points. I just worry about the carousel production of the patriots RB's.

On 11/10/2017 at 12:43 PM, Narcosys said:

You make sound points. I just worry about the carousel production of the patriots RB's.

I picked up Sterling Shephard and played him for the safe points because of the match up. Turned out to be fine. Dion Lewis would have been fine too. I was right about Kelvin Benjamin. Sometimes, you just have to look past the reputation of the player, especially this late in the season where teams' defensive identities have been forged. Of course, garbage time belies everything but when a game is relevant, will the player stay relevant and to me the answer was no with Kelvin Benjamin.

5 hours ago, chad72 said:

I picked up Sterling Shephard and played him for the safe points because of the match up. Turned out to be fine. Dion Lewis would have been fine too. I was right about Kelvin Benjamin. Sometimes, you just have to look past the reputation of the player, especially this late in the season where teams' defensive identities have been forged. Of course, garbage time belies everything but when a game is relevant, will the player stay relevant and to me the answer was no with Kelvin Benjamin.

I wasnt high on either but Lewis was the better play, I just didn't expect that much from him. Smart pick up though.

1 minute ago, Narcosys said:

I wasnt high on either but Lewis was the better play, I just didn't expect that much from him. Smart pick up though.

Mike Gillislee being made inactive clarified a lot of things for me. He most likely won't be a Patriot next year because he lacks versatility that they want in a back. Everyone and their grandma knew it was a run play when he was lining up and never had to fear him in the passing game, that is what it came down to with the Patriots.

Gillislee being made inactive meant Dion Lewis and Rex Burkhead probably get the share of between the tackles duty with James White sprinkled in occasionally.