Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jared's Fantasy Football Advice for 2017

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kelvin Benjamin at Detroit or Jeremy Maclin at Oak or Will Fuller vs KC

I am leaning towards Will Fuller because Benjamin is more miss than hit and the Lions' D is stout, Maclin not sure what to expect. I'd be shocked if there is not more safety help towards DeAndre Hopkins from the Chiefs' D, at least there is a good floor given the match up with Fuller. What do you guys think?

6 hours ago, chad72 said:

Kelvin Benjamin at Detroit or Jeremy Maclin at Oak or Will Fuller vs KC

I am leaning towards Will Fuller because Benjamin is more miss than hit and the Lions' D is stout, Maclin not sure what to expect. I'd be shocked if there is not more safety help towards DeAndre Hopkins from the Chiefs' D, at least there is a good floor given the match up with Fuller. What do you guys think?

It's between benjamin and fuller. Cams abilities will create opportunities for benjamin as he has decided to show back up now. Fuller is a risk/reward situation, like benjamin, but against a better defense and weaker qb play. 

I don't think you can go wrong with either, so fuller is probably the best play. 

Ok basically it boils down to this.

I feel comfortable starting the following guys in week 6 but I have to leave one of them on the bench.

D. Murray vs. Colts

A. Jones @ Vikings

D. Hopkins vs. Browns

D. Funchess vs. Eagles

E. Sanders vs. Giants

CJ Anderson vs Giants

L Fitzgerald vs. Bucs

Looking at it I'm mostly up in the air on Murray, Funchess or Fitzgerald.  I don't think I'd seriously consider leaving any of the other players on the bench.  

6 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

Ok basically it boils down to this.

I feel comfortable starting the following guys in week 6 but I have to leave one of them on the bench.

D. Murray vs. Colts

A. Jones @ Vikings

D. Hopkins vs. Browns

D. Funchess vs. Eagles

E. Sanders vs. Giants

CJ Anderson vs Giants

L Fitzgerald vs. Bucs

Looking at it I'm mostly up in the air on Murray, Funchess or Fitzgerald.  I don't think I'd seriously consider leaving any of the other players on the bench.  

Bench Murray for now, till Mariota shows 1 game of full play after hamstring injury. Broncos will play D, run the ball and clock control. Not sure if E. Sanders will have many looks vs Giants, IMO. If the Giants aren't scoring (not sure how they will with all WRs banged up and facing an elite D coming off their bye week that is hard to run against and throw against), Broncos' O is not going to try to score much, IMO.

16 hours ago, chad72 said:

Bench Murray for now, till Mariota shows 1 game of full play after hamstring injury. Broncos will play D, run the ball and clock control. Not sure if E. Sanders will have many looks vs Giants, IMO. If the Giants aren't scoring (not sure how they will with all WRs banged up and facing an elite D coming off their bye week that is hard to run against and throw against), Broncos' O is not going to try to score much, IMO.

Thanks. . . I will have to see what happens.  

The decision may be out of my hands on my fantasy updates it mentioned that Funchess was on the injury report and Carolina plays in the Thursday night game so even with the most minor of injuries he has very little time to recover.

Will monitor if he's practicing, but if he's held out of practice the decision may have been made for me.  

8 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Need a flex option.

Ted ginn @GB

Frank gore vs Jax

K. Rudolph vs Bal

L. Blount vs Was

They all have almost equally appealing match ups.

Frank Gore, no doubt. Highest floor and a decent ceiling. 

Ted Ginn, not enough consistent looks at all for a good floor. Kyle Rudolph is still TD dependent. 

Blount is the other option but with the emergence of Jeffery, Ertz and Agholor, and the Redskins' pass D not nearly as potent as the Jags' pass D, the odds of Blount getting more carries than Gore is less (but you never know with the Colts OC :))

13 hours ago, chad72 said:

A couple of questions for you guys:

Alvin Kamara at GB (or) Dion Lewis vs ATL

Dak Prescott at SF or Carson Wentz vs Washington

Kamara and I'm leaning towards wentz. He torched the redskins week 1 and that was with norman playing. Norman is out nd very close to having breeland out as well. They also have the home game. 

Its a tough choice, because prescott has been elite and he's coming off of bye. 

7 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Kamara and I'm leaning towards wentz. He torched the redskins week 1 and that was with norman playing. Norman is out nd very close to having breeland out as well. They also have the home game. 

Its a tough choice, because prescott has been elite and he's coming off of bye. 

Yeah, Broncos, Falcons and Saints, all their QB’s passing games were unimpressive following the bye week if you went based on their QB stats. It’s hard to predict because I feel Wentz will have more passing TDs but Prescott will have more yards, IMO.

1 hour ago, SilentHill said:

I have to drop someone if Parker doesn't play today, who do I drop?

aP8Z9i.jpg

Tarik Cohen because his ceiling can easily be matched by another starting RB’s floor, IMO, at this point in time based on usage and having a rookie QB. Even if Zeke is suspended, Cohen will not get anymore than Morris as a starter. Given the league’s make up where you can play 4 WRs but not 4 RBs, Parker is more valuable, IMO.

10 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Pick a RB and a flex

J. White vs LAC

L. Blount vs SF

T. Ginn jr vs Chi

White and Ginn. Blount hasn't been on the field much except in red zone situations, and it seems like Wentz throws every TD that the Eagles score. White will get lots of receptions and the occasional run, and Ginn is getting the ball more and more and is always a deep threat. 

White as RB

Ginn as Flex

21 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

White and Ginn. Blount hasn't been on the field much except in red zone situations, and it seems like Wentz throws every TD that the Eagles score. White will get lots of receptions and the occasional run, and Ginn is getting the ball more and more and is always a deep threat. 

White as RB

Ginn as Flex

This may be true, but he is getting the most touches and going against the worst running defense. Blount that is.

Just now, Narcosys said:

This may be true, but he is getting the most touches and going against the worst running defense. Blount that is.

That's true, but I feel he's a td or bust type of guy right now. GL in the decision you make, he'll be competing with Clement and Smallwood for Carries, and the Eagles are a pass first team now. If it's a PPR league you are in, you can't start him, in a standard league, you could, but you'll probably get burned if he doesn't make it in the end zone.

I am in a standard 10-man league.  I am debating whether to start the Saints D/ST against the Bears or Houston D/ST against the Seahawks.  The scoring is based on Points Against, Interceptions, Fumble Recoveries and Touchdowns.  Points against seems to be the least of those 4.  

Some might think it's a crazy question, but the Bears are heavily limiting Trubisky, which to me limits his chances to throw an interception(which the Saints defense feeds on).  Also, Howard is good at protecting the football.  While the Seahawks are an efficient offense, I see them taking more risks.  It really feels like a toss up, despite the fact that the Saints are projected to do better.  

Daily fantasy PPR tournament league: WR choices are Ted Ginn vs Detroit or Nelson Agholar vs Washington.

Snead is suppose to play this week, but after being injured, Ginn could still get the majority of snaps. On the other hand, Wentz has been targeting Agholar a lot, so maybe he would be the safer play. Ideas ? 

Would you make this trade? I have both Dak Prescott and Carson Wentz in a league. I also have Will Fuller.

Would you make a trade for DeAndre Hopkins giving up Carson Wentz? Or would that be a knee jerk reaction to DeShaun Watson's recent exploits?

16 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Would you make this trade? I have both Dak Prescott and Carson Wentz in a league. I also have Will Fuller.

Would you make a trade for DeAndre Hopkins giving up Carson Wentz? Or would that be a knee jerk reaction to DeShaun Watson's recent exploits?

Hopkins for wentz straight up?

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 5:31 PM, chad72 said:

Watson has been exploiting teams every week. BTW, did you play Prescott or Wentz?

I played Wentz. Hey, I have a dilemma. Please advise. I’m in a league with my neighbor, I’m #1 in the league, he’s the commissioner.

He vetoed a trade where another neighbor accepts my offer. I was giving Latavius Murray and getting Cameron Brate in return. The other neighbor giving up Cameron Brate also has Zach Ertz. Do I even bother bringing it up with him? Needless to say, I’m a little upset.

I think he vetoed it because I’m the #1 seed and not based on the merits of the trade. However, my wife and I have good relationships with those guys and I don’t want to unnecessarily bring up things that may not be as important in the long scheme of things to create conflict.

The FLEX is RB/WR and that’s why it’s not like I can play Cameron Brate in more than the 1 mandatory TE position while Latavius Murray can be.

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

I played Wentz. Hey, I have a dilemma. Please advise. I’m in a league with my neighbor, I’m #1 in the league, he’s the commissioner.

He vetoed a trade where another neighbor accepts my offer. I was giving Latavius Murray and getting Cameron Brate in return. The other neighbor giving up Cameron Brate also has Zach Ertz. Do I even bother bringing it up with him? Needless to say, I’m a little upset.

I think he vetoed it because I’m the #1 seed and not based on the merits of the trade. However, my wife and I have good relationships with those guys and I don’t want to unnecessarily bring up things that may not be as important in the long scheme of things to create conflict.

The FLEX is RB/WR and that’s why it’s not like I can play Cameron Brate in more than the 1 mandatory TE position while Latavius Murray can be.

anyone that vetoes  a trade is worthless.   Unless the trade is obvious collision

19 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

anyone that vetoes  a trade is worthless.   Unless the trade is obvious collusion

This is what my neighbor wrote to me and my neighbor (this is the lousiest reason I have heard):

I disallowed the trade. I think it was a fair swap but a trade between the first place team and the last place team at this point in the season creates an unfair imbalance to the rest of the league. My goal is to make this league as competitive as possible. Sorry guys.

This is what I wrote back to him:

That is never a valid reason to deny a FAIR swap, IMO. I punched in the details of the swap on several sites before proposing it. 

Chad

I had a hobbling Delanie Walker and Ryan Griffin as my TEs, so I thought I had to make a trade. To me, that is gross abuse of power as commish.

5 minutes ago, chad72 said:

This is what my neighbor wrote to me and my neighbor (this is the lousiest reason I have heard):

I disallowed the trade. I think it was a fair swap but a trade between the first place team and the last place team at this point in the season creates an unfair imbalance to the rest of the league. My goal is to make this league as competitive as possible. Sorry guys.

This is what I wrote back to him:

That is never a valid reason to deny a FAIR swap, IMO. I punched in the details of the swap on several sites before proposing it. 

Chad

I had a hobbling Delanie Walker and Ryan Griffin as my TEs, so I thought I had to make a trade. To me, that is gross abuse of power as commish.

Absolutely

3 hours ago, chad72 said:

Well do not approach him in person. It should be a league matter IMO.  He needs to really justify vetoing the trade. He should publicly explain why the veto occurred to the league and the league should have a say in it. You could ask him if it was a mistake. I know if it is an ESPN league, if disagree with a trade, there are two options. My vote as a team or my vote as the commissioner. The commissioner vote will cancel it and they are not clearly separated or defined either.

EDIT: Wrote this before I read the second part.