Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017 Season Predictions

danlhart87

14 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

It will take some time for the new face defense to gel (if it does). 

this defense needs our rookies to be solid contributors for it to work

if hooker and wilson play near their potential, the back end should be ok.  if not, we are getting burned often.

we dont seem to have a true third down edge rusher on the roster, unless thats basham

3 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

this defense needs our rookies to be solid contributors for it to work

if hooker and wilson play near their potential, the back end should be ok.  if not, we are getting burned often.

we dont seem to have a true third down edge rusher on the roster, unless thats basham

The new faces (rookies and veterans) will take some time to gel. Won't happen overnight. 

1 hour ago, BlueShoe said:

The new faces (rookies and veterans) will take some time to gel. Won't happen overnight. 

i guess i see it a little differently

guys like simon, sheard and hankins are vets and just need to play their own assignments 

i do think we need hooker and  wilson  to be at least average nfl starters and for basham to be a decent pass rusher or this defense will be outside of the top 20 again

47 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

i guess i see it a little differently

guys like simon, sheard and hankins are vets and just need to play their own assignments 

i do think we need hooker and  wilson  to be at least average nfl starters and for basham to be a decent pass rusher or this defense will be outside of the top 20 again

We defintely see this differently. It's not like we have a foundation for the veterans to join. The veterans are creating the new foundation. 

Add in so many rookies and it becomes even more complicated. 

On 8/17/2017 at 9:51 PM, danlhart87 said:

Colts at Rams: Colts

Cardinals at Colts: Cardinals 

Browns at Colts: Colts

Colts at Seahawks: Seahawks 

49ers at Colts: Colts

Colts at Titans: Colts

Jaguars at Colts: Jaguars 

Colts at Bengals: Bengals 

Colts at Texans: Texans 

Steelers at Colts: Steelers 

Titans at Colts: Colts 

Colts at Jaguars: Jaguars 

Colts at Bills: Colts 

Broncos at Colts: Colts 

Colts at Ravens: Colts

Texans at Colts: Colts

We finish the season 9-7 

Here is mine...

@Rams - Loss

Cardinals - Loss

Browns - Win

@Seahawks - Loss

49ers - Win

@Titans - Loss

Jaguars - Win

@Bengals - Loss

@Texans - Loss

Steelers - Loss

Titans - Win

@Jaguars - Loss

@Bills - Win

Broncos - Win

@Ravens - Loss

Texans - Loss

Colts finish at 6-10 and a top 8 pick in the 2018 draft.

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 9:03 AM, BlueShoe said:

My heart says 16-0. 

My my brain says anywhere between 4-12 to 12-4. 

Injuries are mounting up, and we have a serious lack of depth. It will take some time for the new face defense to gel (if it does). 

When healthy, I think we have the top 25 man roster in the AFC South. Take Luck away and we are instantly the worst 25 man roster in the AFC South. Luck is that good and we have no real backup quarterback. It's a huge swing with or without Luck. 

Without Luck we are 5-11 to 6-10 at best fact I have no faith in Pagano none he hasn't shown me anything the last two seasons that tells me he can turn this team around and get it headed back in the right direction.

• 1 month later...
On 8/18/2017 at 9:28 AM, 21isSuperman said:

These are fun.  I'll give it a go...

Week 1 at LA - Loss

I'm going to assume Luck isn't back for week 1.  And if he is, he'll probably be rusty.  LA has talent on defense.  Add in the injuries we're already dealing with and I think the Rams win this one

Week 2 VS AZ - Loss

I think we'll see a more focused and better Cards team this year with Palmer and Fitz nearing the end of their careers.  I think the Cards take this one.

Week 3 VS CLE - Win

I really like what Cleveland has done, but I think the Colts win this one.  By this time, Luck should be hitting his stride again, and Cleveland's offense doesn't worry me in the least.  I think it'll be a close game, but I think the Colts win.

Week  4 at SEA - Win

For whatever reason, the Colts have shown they can beat the really talented teams in the league at times (Seattle, San Fran in 2012-2014, the Broncos with Manning).  I think the Colts surprise everyone and beat Seattle in Seattle.

Week 5 VS SF - Win

One of the lesser talented teams in the league.  Colts win.

Week 6 at Tenn - Loss

Our winning streak against Tennessee can't last forever, and they've built a really solid roster.  I think Tennessee wins this one at home.

Week 7 VS JAX - Win

Lots of talent, but no QB.  Colts win at home.

Week 8 at CIN - Win

Under Pagano/Luck, Indy has been very good against Cincy.  Colts win.

Week 9 at HOU - Loss

Houston has a lot of talent.  I think it'll be close and the Colts might even be able to win if they have the last possession, but I think Houston wins this one.

Week 11 VS PIT - Loss

Roethlisberger and Antonio Brown have dominated the Colts in the last few years.  That continues

Week 12 VS Tenn - Win

At home, I think Indy wins.

Week 13 at JAX - Loss

I don't know why, but I think this will be the team's "dud" game of the year, where they should win, but they get completely blown out.

Week 14 at BUF - Loss

This could be a trap game.  Playing in Buffalo in the winter could be difficult.  Buffalo wins an ugly game.

Week 15 VS DEN - Win

Luck hasn't had all that much trouble with Denver.  Colts win

Week 16 at BAL - Win

Baltimore doesn't really worry me.  Colts win

Week 17 VS HOU - Win

I don't think this game will have a lot of implications for the playoffs, but let's give Indy the win at home to end the season.

I could honestly see our division games going either way.  I could see the Colts going 6-0 against the AFC South, but I could also see them going 0-6.  Going off of what I wrote, the Colts go 9-7.

3/3 after three weeks!  Now watch me have jinxed it....

On 8/22/2017 at 6:11 PM, BProland85 said:

Here is mine...

@Rams - Loss

Cardinals - Loss

Browns - Win

@Seahawks - Loss

49ers - Win

@Titans - Loss

Jaguars - Win

@Bengals - Loss

@Texans - Loss

Steelers - Loss

Titans - Win

@Jaguars - Loss

@Bills - Win

Broncos - Win

@Ravens - Loss

Texans - Loss

Colts finish at 6-10 and a top 8 pick in the 2018 draft.

A perfect 3/3 start for you too.  After week 4, one of us will still be perfect haha

12 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

A perfect 3/3 start for you too.  After week 4, one of us will still be perfect haha

@Seahawks - Loss

49ers - Win

@Titans - Loss

Jaguars - Win

@Bengals - Loss

@Texans - Loss

Steelers - Loss

Titans - Win

@Jaguars - Loss

@Bills - Win

Broncos - Win

@Ravens - Loss

Texans - Loss

The rest of the "predicted" Colts loss could go anyway. Non of these team are a definite loss now.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/25/2017 at 10:12 AM, tfunky14 said:

@Seahawks - Loss

49ers - Win

@Titans - Loss

Jaguars - Win

@Bengals - Loss

@Texans - Loss

Steelers - Loss

Titans - Win

@Jaguars - Loss

@Bills - Win

Broncos - Win

@Ravens - Loss

Texans - Loss

The rest of the "predicted" Colts loss could go anyway. Non of these team are a definite loss now.

This will change now maybe lol

On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 10:59 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

With the way our injuries are, our first 5 games on paper with the exception of Seattle are all still winnable. Tolzein just sucks a big bag! Rams, Browns, and 49ers are winnable though without Luck. Cards maybe not? but that game is at home. If we can start 3-2 and get Luck and Kelly back fully healthy then 10-6 is very possible. We need to sweep the Jags and at least split with the Titans and Texans which is doable if Luck is healthy.

This didn't happen record wise we started 2-3 and now 2-4. If Luck misses the whole season I see 5-11 now. We will be in most games because Brissett is ok but might only win 3 or 4 more. Luck makes a 5 game difference.