Sign in to follow this  
danlhart87

2017 Season Predictions

Recommended Posts

danlhart87    946

Colts at Rams: Colts

Cardinals at Colts: Cardinals 

Browns at Colts: Colts

Colts at Seahawks: Seahawks 

49ers at Colts: Colts

Colts at Titans: Colts

Jaguars at Colts: Jaguars 

Colts at Bengals: Bengals 

Colts at Texans: Texans 

Steelers at Colts: Steelers 

Titans at Colts: Colts 

Colts at Jaguars: Jaguars 

Colts at Bills: Colts 

Broncos at Colts: Colts 

Colts at Ravens: Colts

Texans at Colts: Colts

 

We finish the season 9-7 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BProland85    1,466

With the way this team is getting injured, I could see the record being around 6-10 this year. I could see the Colts finally losing to the Titans in Nashville, losing to the Rams week 1, and losing to the Ravens in Baltimore. Heck I could see them lose to the Browns in week 3 if Luck is still not back.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jared Cisneros    2,030

With us missing Kelly and most likely Luck early on, we probably go 1-3 to start off and then have to hope that Luck and Kelly return to form, we get no more injuries, and our rookies and FA's are producing to a certain degree. If none of those happen, we probably go 4-12, if one happens 6-10, two of them happen 8-8, and if all three happen, we probably make the playoffs at 10-6 with a possible division win. I'm going to split the middle here and say the Colts go 7-9, we fire Pagano, and keep rebuilding next year with a new coach and coaching staff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, danlhart87 said:

Colts at Rams: Colts

Cardinals at Colts: Cardinals 

Browns at Colts: Colts

Colts at Seahawks: Seahawks 

49ers at Colts: Colts

Colts at Titans: Colts

Jaguars at Colts: Jaguars 

Colts at Bengals: Bengals 

Colts at Texans: Texans 

Steelers at Colts: Steelers 

Titans at Colts: Colts 

Colts at Jaguars: Jaguars 

Colts at Bills: Colts 

Broncos at Colts: Colts 

Colts at Ravens: Colts

Texans at Colts: Colts

 

We finish the season 9-7 

I don't think we get swept by the jags they stink.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IinD    786

We don't even know what we look like in a real game so it's still to early.

 

6 to 9 wins I'd say is the range for us this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NorthernBlue    1,515

I'm just basing this off Luck coming back at week 2. An optimistic outlook.

 

Week 1 at LA - Loss

Week 2 VS AZ - Win

Week 3 VS CLE - Win

Week  4 at SEA - Loss

Week 5 VS SF - Win

Week 6 at Tenn - Loss

Week 7 VS JAX - Win

Week 8 at CIN - Win

Week 9 at HOU - Win

Week 11 VS PIT - Loss

Week 12 VS Tenn - Win

Week 13 at JAX - Loss

Week 14 at BUF - Loss

Week 15 VS DEN - Win

Week 16 at BAL - Loss

Week 17 VS HOU - Win

 

So 9-7.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DaveA1102    138

Another 8-8. 

 

If we were confident of Andrew being back for the full season with Kelly fully ready for week 1 also, I would have gone for 10-6.  The fact these two (at least Kelly) miss the start of the year with winnable games means I think the momentum that would have pushed us through to strong record wont be there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DaColts85    593

I only see maybe 5 or 6 games where we would struggle.  Assuming Luck plays from day 1 I would say we go 10-6.  PIT, Seattle, AZ, Baltimore, Houston, and TN are games I worry about.  I would say split the series with both Houston and TN.  That is my 6 losses.  This is also assuming we stay relatively healthy and Luck plays week 1 or at least week 2.

 

Without Luck (if he does not play week 1) I still feel like we can beat the Rams.  Just need our D to be stout. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ColtsBlitz    368

Last year we dominated teams with bad offenses, and we play more teams with bad ones this year than last year, and our defense is better. Luck will be back at some point and we should be good enough for 10 wins

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Old Colt    200

7 - 9, this team still has too many issues, besides Luck and Kelly.  Tackling is terrible as well as the angles they take.  Everyone keeps talking about increased aggressiveness, and physicality, I don't see much yet.  Team seems to have little on field direction, and Pagano and his supposed  tirade on the sideline is a joke.  Yes, it is just preseason, but so far it is the same preseason we have seen for the last several years.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oldunclemark    7,545

  we've played one pre-season game....I have little to go on.

I like the defensive improvements and I assume (until I hear differently) that Andrew Luck pays week one\\

 

Guessing is hard:

Don't know why so many have us losing to Jacksonville but beating Denver: 

Losing to Tennessee but beating Houston

 

I still say: 10-6

Edited by oldunclemark
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DaColts85    593
5 minutes ago, Old Colt said:

7 - 9, this team still has too many issues, besides Luck and Kelly.  Tackling is terrible as well as the angles they take.  Everyone keeps talking about increased aggressiveness, and physicality, I don't see much yet.  Team seems to have little on field direction, and Pagano and his supposed  tirade on the sideline is a joke.  Yes, it is just preseason, but so far it is the same preseason we have seen for the last several years.  

Well again I am glad you said it is preseason.  Our starters who played a few series looked pretty good and should only get better as they get use to each other.  The majority of the FIRST preseason game was guys at depth or going to be cut anyways.  I would hardly judge a whole season on that....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
crazycolt1    6,253
35 minutes ago, Old Colt said:

7 - 9, this team still has too many issues, besides Luck and Kelly.  Tackling is terrible as well as the angles they take.  Everyone keeps talking about increased aggressiveness, and physicality, I don't see much yet.  Team seems to have little on field direction, and Pagano and his supposed  tirade on the sideline is a joke.  Yes, it is just preseason, but so far it is the same preseason we have seen for the last several years.  

IMO this last pre season game showed nothing. The was no game plan because the purpose of the game was to look at bubble players and rookies. The coaching staff needs the tape of all these type of players so they can determine who stays and who goes.

There is no team in the NFL that can be judged on pre season games.

Last week the Jags beat the Pats. Somehow I don't think the Pats fans are too worried about the Pats and what they did or didn't do in pre season. Why should we?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21isSuperman    12,308

These are fun.  I'll give it a go...

 

Week 1 at LA - Loss

I'm going to assume Luck isn't back for week 1.  And if he is, he'll probably be rusty.  LA has talent on defense.  Add in the injuries we're already dealing with and I think the Rams win this one

 

Week 2 VS AZ - Loss

I think we'll see a more focused and better Cards team this year with Palmer and Fitz nearing the end of their careers.  I think the Cards take this one.

 

Week 3 VS CLE - Win

I really like what Cleveland has done, but I think the Colts win this one.  By this time, Luck should be hitting his stride again, and Cleveland's offense doesn't worry me in the least.  I think it'll be a close game, but I think the Colts win.

 

Week  4 at SEA - Win

For whatever reason, the Colts have shown they can beat the really talented teams in the league at times (Seattle, San Fran in 2012-2014, the Broncos with Manning).  I think the Colts surprise everyone and beat Seattle in Seattle.

 

Week 5 VS SF - Win

One of the lesser talented teams in the league.  Colts win.

 

Week 6 at Tenn - Loss

Our winning streak against Tennessee can't last forever, and they've built a really solid roster.  I think Tennessee wins this one at home.

 

Week 7 VS JAX - Win

Lots of talent, but no QB.  Colts win at home.

 

Week 8 at CIN - Win

Under Pagano/Luck, Indy has been very good against Cincy.  Colts win.

 

Week 9 at HOU - Loss

Houston has a lot of talent.  I think it'll be close and the Colts might even be able to win if they have the last possession, but I think Houston wins this one.

 

Week 11 VS PIT - Loss

Roethlisberger and Antonio Brown have dominated the Colts in the last few years.  That continues

 

Week 12 VS Tenn - Win

At home, I think Indy wins.

 

Week 13 at JAX - Loss

I don't know why, but I think this will be the team's "dud" game of the year, where they should win, but they get completely blown out.

 

Week 14 at BUF - Loss

This could be a trap game.  Playing in Buffalo in the winter could be difficult.  Buffalo wins an ugly game.

 

Week 15 VS DEN - Win

Luck hasn't had all that much trouble with Denver.  Colts win

 

Week 16 at BAL - Win

Baltimore doesn't really worry me.  Colts win

 

Week 17 VS HOU - Win

I don't think this game will have a lot of implications for the playoffs, but let's give Indy the win at home to end the season.

 

I could honestly see our division games going either way.  I could see the Colts going 6-0 against the AFC South, but I could also see them going 0-6.  Going off of what I wrote, the Colts go 9-7.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fisticuffs111    354

I was pretty pessimistic about the past two seasons before this, I think I remember predicting 9-7 two years ago and 7-9 last season.

This year I have this feeling that we'll overachieve. I'm thinking this team could go 10-6 depending on if Luck doesn't miss extended time.

But I think it's only fair for people's final predictions to be after preseason is over. Because we'll have a better idea of all the injuries and how this team will look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BullsColtsFan1    859

Obviously Luck is the biggest question mark.  If he plays I think the Colts floor is 7-9 and ceiling is 12-4.  If he misses anytime I don't see the Colts winning any games that he misses.  I am hoping it's a good year and the Colts get back into the playoffs.  I am being optimistic until I officially hear Luck is out for an extended amount of regular season games.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aaron11    892

this is basically predicting if luck plays or not for the first few games

 

i predict losses every week until hes ready. not trying to be negative but are backups now are not much better than painter 

 

i say 9-7 if he doesn't miss games.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IinD    786
9 hours ago, aaron11 said:

this is basically predicting if luck plays or not for the first few games

 

i predict losses every week until hes ready. not trying to be negative but are backups now are not much better than painter 

 

i say 9-7 if he doesn't miss games.

Totally agree with the part about losses in the games without AL.

 

We still have no idea about how long he'll be out. For all we know it could be half the season. We've heard the org say one thing about injuries only to totally have something else happen in the past.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2006Coltsbestever    10,359

With the way our injuries are, our first 5 games on paper with the exception of Seattle are all still winnable. Tolzein just sucks a big bag! Rams, Browns, and 49ers are winnable though without Luck. Cards maybe not? but that game is at home. If we can start 3-2 and get Luck and Kelly back fully healthy then 10-6 is very possible. We need to sweep the Jags and at least split with the Titans and Texans which is doable if Luck is healthy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
throwing BBZ    1,380

It is going to be Ugly O with our guards this season. Missing Kelly, that much worse.
How are we looking at TE?
  If, If, If....lol
   6-10 IF Lucky can stay healthy for 12 games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2006Coltsbestever    10,359
3 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

It is going to be Ugly O with our guards this season. Missing Kelly, that much worse.
How are we looking at TE?
  If, If, If....lol
   6-10 IF Lucky can stay healthy for 12 games.

6-10 lmao Hey Heath Evans can I have your autograph?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JColts72    478
On 8/18/2017 at 7:25 AM, NorthernBlue said:

I'm just basing this off Luck coming back at week 2. An optimistic outlook.

 

Week 1 at LA - Loss

Week 2 VS AZ - Win

Week 3 VS CLE - Win

Week  4 at SEA - Loss

Week 5 VS SF - Win

Week 6 at Tenn - Loss

Week 7 VS JAX - Win

Week 8 at CIN - Win

Week 9 at HOU - Win

Week 11 VS PIT - Loss

Week 12 VS Tenn - Win

Week 13 at JAX - Loss

Week 14 at BUF - Loss

Week 15 VS DEN - Win

Week 16 at BAL - Loss

Week 17 VS HOU - Win

 

So 9-7.

 

5 and 11. Best case 7 and 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
azcolt    473

 First string can't block and can't tackle. This is the Colts team for too many years preceding the Manning years. It's not too soon to discuss the 2018 draft as the season will be a trainwreck.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JColts72    478
On 8/18/2017 at 9:28 AM, 21isSuperman said:

These are fun.  I'll give it a go...

 

Week 1 at LA - Loss

I'm going to assume Luck isn't back for week 1.  And if he is, he'll probably be rusty.  LA has talent on defense.  Add in the injuries we're already dealing with and I think the Rams win this one

 

Week 2 VS AZ - Loss

I think we'll see a more focused and better Cards team this year with Palmer and Fitz nearing the end of their careers.  I think the Cards take this one.

 

Week 3 VS CLE - Win

I really like what Cleveland has done, but I think the Colts win this one.  By this time, Luck should be hitting his stride again, and Cleveland's offense doesn't worry me in the least.  I think it'll be a close game, but I think the Colts win.

 

Week  4 at SEA - Win

For whatever reason, the Colts have shown they can beat the really talented teams in the league at times (Seattle, San Fran in 2012-2014, the Broncos with Manning).  I think the Colts surprise everyone and beat Seattle in Seattle.

 

Week 5 VS SF - Win

One of the lesser talented teams in the league.  Colts win.

 

Week 6 at Tenn - Loss

Our winning streak against Tennessee can't last forever, and they've built a really solid roster.  I think Tennessee wins this one at home.

 

Week 7 VS JAX - Win

Lots of talent, but no QB.  Colts win at home.

 

Week 8 at CIN - Win

Under Pagano/Luck, Indy has been very good against Cincy.  Colts win.

 

Week 9 at HOU - Loss

Houston has a lot of talent.  I think it'll be close and the Colts might even be able to win if they have the last possession, but I think Houston wins this one.

 

Week 11 VS PIT - Loss

Roethlisberger and Antonio Brown have dominated the Colts in the last few years.  That continues

 

Week 12 VS Tenn - Win

At home, I think Indy wins.

 

Week 13 at JAX - Loss

I don't know why, but I think this will be the team's "dud" game of the year, where they should win, but they get completely blown out.

 

Week 14 at BUF - Loss

This could be a trap game.  Playing in Buffalo in the winter could be difficult.  Buffalo wins an ugly game.

 

Week 15 VS DEN - Win

Luck hasn't had all that much trouble with Denver.  Colts win

 

Week 16 at BAL - Win

Baltimore doesn't really worry me.  Colts win

 

Week 17 VS HOU - Win

I don't think this game will have a lot of implications for the playoffs, but let's give Indy the win at home to end the season.

 

I could honestly see our division games going either way.  I could see the Colts going 6-0 against the AFC South, but I could also see them going 0-6.  Going off of what I wrote, the Colts go 9-7.

Colts beating seahawks is hard to accept. As is beating denver and ravens on the road. This is rose colored glasses time with 9 and 7.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21isSuperman    12,308
55 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

Colts beating seahawks is hard to accept. As is beating denver and ravens on the road. This is rose colored glasses time with 9 and 7.

The last time the Colts played the Seahawks, Indy won 34-28.  Yes, that was in 2013, but Luck knows that defense, and Hilton tore up their secondary.  Indy under Pagano has also shown a weird tendency to somehow beat some great teams, but also look completely lost at times.  Denver's offense still doesn't worry me.  Luck is also 3-2 against Denver, so he has plenty of experience against their players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 9:18 AM, crazycolt1 said:

IMO this last pre season game showed nothing. The was no game plan because the purpose of the game was to look at bubble players and rookies. The coaching staff needs the tape of all these type of players so they can determine who stays and who goes.

There is no team in the NFL that can be judged on pre season games.

Last week the Jags beat the Pats. Somehow I don't think the Pats fans are too worried about the Pats and what they did or didn't do in pre season. Why should we?

We are not the patriots

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2006Coltsbestever    10,359

Everyone wants Chuck fired because he has never beat the Pats, if that's the case 90% of all Coaches should be fired. Tomlin gets embarrassed everytime he plays them. Unless you have Peyton or Eli at QB your chances of beating the Pats are about 10% in any game situation. When they lose you have to play perfect and they have to make unusual blunders which happens about once every 10 games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
#12.    685

Luck probably could play week 1, but with how this team looks, and with Chuck in the final year of his contract, I sense no urgency from the organization.  If this team were Super Bowl ready, he would probably be out there.

 

If he plays 16, you might have a shot at 9-7, but if he does miss 3-4 games, or more, this season is pretty much already over.  That's three straight wasted seasons of Luck.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BlueShoe    2,568

My heart says 16-0. 

 

My my brain says anywhere between 4-12 to 12-4. 

 

Injuries are mounting up, and we have a serious lack of depth. It will take some time for the new face defense to gel (if it does). 

 

When healthy, I think we have the top 25 man roster in the AFC South. Take Luck away and we are instantly the worst 25 man roster in the AFC South. Luck is that good and we have no real backup quarterback. It's a huge swing with or without Luck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.