Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

OYO NFL Sports Figures/My Review

Synthetic

Has anyone else bought any of these? They are the coolest things ever! 

OYO figures are modeled like LEGO mini-figures. If you liked LEGO stuff growing up, you might fall in love with these. 

What is OYO? Here is their official site. 

http://store.oyosports.com/

The mini figures have been around for a few years but I had not seen them until around January of this past year. I came across one of Brett Favre and just had to have it and spent 11 dollars on it. For those that know me, I'm very honest about the fact that Brett Favre is probably my all time favorite player ever and made me truly love football when I was young so the first one for me definitely had to be the old gunslinger and no one else. 

The brand has expanded since then and now they have NBA figures but they appear to have just gotten started with those and only have a few players for each team. 

My birthday is on Sunday and I went on and spent a little money to treat myself. I found a limited edition commemorative Super Bowl XLIV figure of Drew Brees and had to buy it (cheap too for around 15 dollars). I wanted a Drew Brees figure really badly, but I have a special preference for the Saints white jerseys...I got lucky finding the one for the Super Bowl as it also had the lovely white jersey. 

Below is several photos I have taken. I apologize if the photos are big and stretch out. If the photos are a little shaky, that's my fault and apologies again. My arms are a little shaky after taking blood and getting some shots at the doctor this past week. 

The figures come in a small cardboard box that slides upward revealing the pieces of the figure. 

(Click the pics to zoom in on any of them)

CAM00020.jpg

The Brees figure had a plastic part cut out where you can see the figure without sliding it open. 

Now we're going to slide them open to see the inner box. 

CAM00021.jpg

The Brees figure has a hard plastic tray and is neatly organized. The Favre figure came in cardboard. 

The Brees figure was already assembled in it's little spot. I had to put little mini Favre together, which isn't a problem. The helmets assemble and all the pieces fit together easily like old LEGO mini figures always did. 

There are some neat accessories in there...The Favre figure came with what appears to be Beats style headphones. The Brees figure is wearing the SB 50 hat and came with a water bottle. 

There is also a plate to stand them up on. They have the logo of the team and the number. The figures really do fit on that plate just like LEGO mini figures always do. 

I'm going to show off the attention of detail and player likeness of the Favre figure. 

CAM00027.jpg

My hands are a little shaky lately, sorry if this pic is somewhat blurry. There is also a glare from the light above. As you can see over his face, he has that famous stubble/5 o clock shadow that Favre usually had. Most of the OYO figures have a good smile like this too. 

From the side

CAM00034.jpg

Now the back where you can see the name plate

CAM00035.jpg

The back of the helmets do not have the stripe from the front, but this isn't really a big deal. You still get the sleeves properly painted and the figures look nice. 

The figures aren't super posable, just like lego mini figures never were, but they are possible to get into a position that looks like they're about to throw the ball. 

The football piece properly has two slits cut out where you can insert it over the hand pieces. 

Here is Favre in throwing motion

CAM00051.jpg

As you can see here, the knees really do bend and you can place them down on the plate properly. This is a neat little attention to detail the OYO figures have that makes them unique. 

Next, here's the attention of detail to Brees. 

CAM00077.jpg

The little birthmark is on his face and the captain logo and SB logo on his jersey, this is neat. 

CAM00088.jpg

The name plate that came with mini Brees is numbered, as the SB versions are special edition and the box clearly says "Sequentially Numbered Limited Edition". I checked on Ebay and there is a ton of them for various SB's, most of them are quarterbacks and they run for decent prices. I only paid 15 dollars for mine. Among them, I did see a Peyton Manning one, 4 of Tom Brady, 2 of Roger Staubach, John Riggins, Aaron Rodgers, Joe Flacco, 2 of Eli Manning and several for the NY Giants (both recent SB's) and several again for Seattle, New England and Denver who had won the recent SB's. These are all commemorative with SB 50, so the recent Atlanta/New England SB figures are excluding from this lineup and come in a different style box. 

Last thing to show off is the helmets, these look gorgeous even though they are tiny. 

CAM00136.jpg

The logos are perfectly done on the helmets and are quite articulate. The stripe don't go all the way down to the back of the helmet, but that's not a big deal. 

I personally think these little figures are amazing and plan to buy more and start collecting them for fun. If you check the link to their website, they have figures for all 32 teams and even in other sports. Baseball figures seem to be a really big deal for collectors and you can get one made of yourself. 

For me, the "NFL Legends" are what I think I'm going to be collecting in the future rather than buying players individually from teams. The NFL Legends page has several fan favorites and Hall of Famers who were memorable and many of them come with the old throwback style jerseys and helmets (the old 80's era Giants helmet looks good on Lawrence Taylor). 

http://store.oyosports.com/nfl/NFL-Legends

There are various on this page that I would love to own and will probably expand my collection starting with Legend players. 

For anyone who came across these figures and was maybe interested in them before, I hope my review here sold you on them. They're very cool! Go ahead and buy them! As for the SB ones, if you want them, they're limited edition so buy them while they're available and hold onto them. 

I enjoyed the review at least. Very well down. Very detailed.:thmup:

And those are adorable! lmao 

1 hour ago, Synthetic said:

The Brees figure has a hard plastic tray and is neatly organized. The Favre figure came in cardboard. 

Favre got shafted. lmao 

I would check those out for the NBA too. Very cool stuff.

34 minutes ago, Jules said:

I enjoyed the review at least. Very well down. Very detailed.:thmup:

And those are adorable! lmao 

Favre got shafted. lmao 

I would check those out for the NBA too. Very cool stuff.

Thanks Jules, they're really cool. 

I'm definitely planning on buying more and will post more pics of them. My eyes are set on some of the NFl Legends series...Steve Young, Reggie White (Packers version) and Troy Aikman are the three I'm most definitely going to be getting for sure. 

They seem to be just now starting off the NBA figures, they only have a few for each team except for Golden State and Cleveland who have a bunch. I'm hoping they do NBA Legends in the future once that series takes off, cause I'd love to have some figures of Kobe, Garnett and Wilt Chamberlain. I imagine they may do that in the future since NBA Hall of Famers still are very popular and sell a lot of merchandise after retirement. 

12 minutes ago, Synthetic said:

Thanks Jules, they're really cool. 

I'm definitely planning on buying more and will post more pics of them. My eyes are set on some of the NFl Legends series...Steve Young, Reggie White (Packers version) and Troy Aikman are the three I'm most definitely going to be getting for sure. 

They seem to be just now starting off the NBA figures, they only have a few for each team except for Golden State and Cleveland who have a bunch. I'm hoping they do NBA Legends in the future once that series takes off, cause I'd love to have some figures of Kobe, Garnett and Wilt Chamberlain. I imagine they may do that in the future since NBA Hall of Famers still are very popular and sell a lot of merchandise after retirement. 

Actually I think I seen these tiny figures before for Andrew Luck but never got one. They are adorable.

Since you got less players on NBA teams you could almost buy the starting lineups as a whole. lmao I could finally beat the Warriors with these figures. :rock:

I have had the Peyton Manning in a Broncos uni, and the Andrew Luck (Neard included) pieces for a few years now.  Present from my wife.  

http://store.oyosports.com/nfl/Indianapolis-Colts/Indianapolis-Colts-Andrew-Luck_5#.WZb2Z3opChA

They are fun little nick-nacks. Easy to lose pieces, especially if kids/grandkids get interested in them.

On 8/18/2017 at 9:20 AM, ColtsBlueFL said:

I have had the Peyton Manning in a Broncos uni, and the Andrew Luck (Neard included) pieces for a few years now.  Present from my wife.  

http://store.oyosports.com/nfl/Indianapolis-Colts/Indianapolis-Colts-Andrew-Luck_5#.WZb2Z3opChA

They are fun little nick-nacks. Easy to lose pieces, especially if kids/grandkids get interested in them.

If you're interested, there is a Peyton Manning in the Colts uniform I came across on EBay. They'll most definitely be adding him to the NFL Legends lineup eventually. I'm hoping they eventually add Dan Marino to that lineup, he's one I would love to pick up. 

I imagine these will be collector's items in the next ten years. There are some that already run for heavy prices. 

15 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

I've already lost the faceguard and football for Peyton!  :-(

2017-08-20_01.41.18.jpg

Sorry you lost the facemask, it's a cute figure though!

I will have more pics in the following weeks. About to add Roger Staubach and a few more to my collection...There's a neat Tom Brady one that has the old throwback style uniform that I'm tempted to buy just because I'm a nerd for old throwback looks. 

• 3 weeks later...

I will be updating this thread in a few weeks. I just bought a handful of them I came across cheap on EBay, more Super Bowl 50 ones and I picked up Larry Csonka that I just had to have. 

On 8/22/2017 at 3:29 AM, DaveA1102 said:

I also bought one of these for myself, really like the funko pop style of figures.  Currently sitting proudly on my desk!

Image result for andrew luck funko pop

They sell those things everywhere down here but not really for football. I've seen them for Dragon Ball Z, Star Wars, and I think Buffy the Vampire Slayer too. I almost bought one some time back. I've yet to see any football ones in stores, but I did almost buy the Super Saiyan Goku one from DBZ some time back. 

On 8/22/2017 at 3:27 AM, DaveA1102 said:

I genuinely bought one of these the other day!

It was a Blake Bortles one for my friend as a gag gift!  :D

I wish I had seen this a few weeks ago, that's cool that you were able to buy one!