Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jabaal Sheard and John Simon

RockThatBlue

I know we only saw a limited sample size of these two last Sunday, but was anyone else pretty impressed with these two as well? I saw both getting some pass rush. And Simons interception was awesome. 

I hope Sunday was a glimpse into the future of these two. I know Sheard blew setting the edge once I believe, but he got a hit on the QB too. Was nice to see a pass rush from us though from both of these guys.

I love having both of them, and I love that Sheard has been shadowing everything Mathis does and says.  This guy has the ability t o really shine here and with Mathis showing him the spin move and just technique he could be special.  Simon is just a hard-nose player and exactly what we need on the other side.  Both will continue to develop and hopefully not blow contain.

First of all. We've had Mathis in as a special coach. You don't realize how much that can help a guy like Sheard or Simon and especially young kids like Basham. Simon is a young ascending player who's gotten better and better. He does everything fairly well, and has improved his pass rush over the last couple years. IMO he's just starting to tap into his potential and get some confidence. His best years will probably be with us. I could see him putting up 10 sacks for us this year. Sheard has had several seasons in which he's put up 7-10 sacks. I think we could see some of his best football as a Colt as well. As for Basham. I've said this for a minute, but the kids got 12 plus sack potential. We'll probably see a solid and promising rookie year from him this year. Maybe 5-6 sacks. His 2nd season I think he pulls a Danielle Hunter/Markus Golden, etc and has a monster breakout 12 plus sack season. I'm not comparing him to either of those kids. I actually see a little bit of...Like a touch of Justin Houston in him honestly. Sky is the limit for Basham. Just wish we had gotten Bowser to pair with him. Bowser is a superstar in the making just like Basham. But yeah. Expect big years from Simon and Sheard.