Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Pats will never go away

Lucky Colts Fan

I know many of you are sick of having to read about the Pats.   :explode: 

"NO MORE PATS THREADS, NO MORE PATS THREADS!"  Believe me, Patriots praise sickens me as much as the next Colts fan.  :yuk:  Call them a cancer, a blight, a shame on the league, etc.  Call them what you want, but call a spade a spade.  They friggin' win.  I do not admire the Pats, but I have to respect what they've done.

We need to acknowledge that discussing the Pats is going to be a thing from now on.  It's impossible to discuss NFL history without talking about the Pats, specifically Bill Belichick and Tom Brady.  The good (2006 AFCCG), the bad (2003 AFCCG), and certainly the ugly (Giselle Bundchen, haha JK) will be constantly referenced for the rest of football eternity.  Don't be that fan that tries to bury their head in the sand and ignore everything-Patriots.

Embrace the hate.  Join the dark side.  :76evil:   :rawr:

They won't.. another AFC championship game..at home and super bowl berth to play a NFC team that loses it's $h*t in the big game. Whether its dumb playing calling when leading, a QB running the slowest 2 min drill ever because he was throwing up. Or a kicker kicking the ball out of bounds in the last game of the season. I can't wait to see what happens this year :thmup:

Rem that's a copout answer similar to saying the world will end 1 day. I mean it will, but it sure as heck doesn't look like it will today or tomorrow. The Pats will be good as long as Bill is in charge. I try not to act like an armchair quarterback or coach, and that thread where a few people had a meltdown about armchair GMs was kinda accurate lol but if another team blows it like the Falcons or Seahawks did...I'm going to have a meltdown and be convinced that I could do a better job lol!

9 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I know many of you are sick of having to read about the Pats.   :explode: 

"NO MORE PATS THREADS, NO MORE PATS THREADS!"  Believe me, Patriots praise sickens me as much as the next Colts fan.  :yuk:  Call them a cancer, a blight, a shame on the league, etc.  Call them what you want, but call a spade a spade.  They friggin' win.  I do not admire the Pats, but I have to respect what they've done.

We need to acknowledge that discussing the Pats is going to be a thing from now on.  It's impossible to discuss NFL history without talking about the Pats, specifically Bill Belichick and Tom Brady.  The good (2006 AFCCG), the bad (2003 AFCCG), and certainly the ugly (Giselle Bundchen, haha JK) will be constantly referenced for the rest of football eternity.  Don't be that fan that tries to bury their head in the sand and ignore everything-Patriots.

Embrace the hate.  Join the dark side.  :76evil:   :rawr:

Ya know i'm just sitting back and smiling because i already know the moment BB and TB leave that team the walls will come tumbling down. Just like those pesky Lakers with Phil and Kobe causing all that hard ache back in those days that powerhouse is no more. so patience is the key right now :violin:

The real change of fortunes for the Patriots came when Kraft bought the team. Parcells was already there and a few years later they were a Desmond Howard broken leg away from winning the super bowl in 1997. After Parcells left Kraft hired Pete Carroll to coach.

I'm optimistic that as long as the Krafts own the team, the fall after Billy and Tommy leave won't be so great.

21 minutes ago, Flying Elvis said:

The real change of fortunes for the Patriots came when Kraft bought the team. Parcells was already there and a few years later they were a Desmond Howard broken leg away from winning the super bowl in 1997. After Parcells left Kraft hired Pete Carroll to coach.

I'm optimistic that as long as the Krafts own the team, the fall after Billy and Tommy leave won't be so great.

yup, this Patriots run pre-dates Bill and Brady, it really goes back to 93-94 with Bledsoe/Parcells/Kraft.

since 1994 the Pats have:

- made the playoffs in 18 of the 23 years

- 16 AFC East titles (96, 97, 01, 03-07, 09-16)

- 8 Superbowl appearances (96, 01, 03, 04, 07, 11, 14, 16)

- 5 rings (01, 03, 04, 14, 16)

- 12 AFCCG appearances (8 AFC titles)

- reg season record of 253-113

- 19 seasons with a winning record

- 1 season at .500

- only 2 losing seasons

32 minutes ago, BlacknGold77 said:

yup, this Patriots run pre-dates Bill and Brady, it really goes back to 93-94 with Bledsoe/Parcells/Kraft.

since 1994 the Pats have:

- made the playoffs in 18 of the 23 years

- 16 AFC East titles (96, 97, 01, 03-07, 09-16)

- 8 Superbowl appearances (96, 01, 03, 04, 07, 11, 14, 16)

- 5 rings (01, 03, 04, 14, 16)

- 12 AFCCG appearances (8 AFC titles)

- reg season record of 253-113

- 19 seasons with a winning record

- 1 season at .500

- only 2 losing seasons

That's a hell of a resume, one that is really unmatched. Since 1995 Colts have a Great one as well but nowhere near that. I am just happy with my 5 AFCCG appearances = 95/2003/2006/2009/2014 and 2 SB appearances = 2006/2009 and a SB Championship pretty recently = 2006 since 95. Colts also had the best 7 season stretch Regular Season record of all-time from 2003-2009 = 89-23. When Belichick and Brady retire you guys are going to never find replacements for them. It will get depressing at times because it will never get that great again either for you guys, you will have your down times - trust me. I think with Andrew Luck and now Ballard here, Colts will win another SB without Peyton within the next 5 years.

-The Colts have been to an AFC Championship Game with 3 different starting QB's since 1995 (Harbaugh/Peyton/Luck), that is a sign of a great organization as well.

I remember when the Patriots and the Colts were both in the AFC East, and both stunk... things come around and they go around. Eventually they'll both stink again. And then they'll be good again. Just a matter of time. 

16 minutes ago, GoPats said:

I remember when the Patriots and the Colts were both in the AFC East, and both stunk... things come around and they go around. Eventually they'll both stink again. And then they'll be good again. Just a matter of time. 

They were both awful at one time, many don't remember that. I used to joke with friends regarding who was worse, Colts or Patriots in the early 90's.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They were both awful at one time, many don't remember that. I used to joke with friends regarding who was worse, Colts or Patriots in the early 90's.

I remember one match-up when they were neck-and-neck for the first round pick rights, the media called it "The Toilet Bowl" or something like that. haha

20 minutes ago, GoPats said:

The 1990 Patriots who were 1-15 take on the 1991 Colts who are also 1-15, who wins this classic showdown?

When they fall from grace, I'll be the first to post "KARMA" on every single post regarding them I see.

They cheat and their fans are beyond entitled and obnoxious. 

By far and away the easiest franchise in sports to dislike currently. More so than The Cowboys, Raiders, Yankees or Lakers.

Was that too much?

2 minutes ago, The Fish said:

When they fall from grace, I'll be the first to post "KARMA" on every single post regarding them I see.

They cheat and their fans are beyond entitled and obnoxious. 

By far and away the easiest franchise in sports to dislike currently. More so than The Cowboys, Raiders, Yankees or Lakers.

Was that too much?

What is scary is they could've actually had a much better dynasty than they do now. If it wasn't for the Mannings, they may have 10 SB wins. Peyton stopped the Pats 3 times from getting there in close games, and Eli won 2 SB's over them on some lucky catches.

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The 1990 Patriots who were 1-15 take on the 1991 Colts who are also 1-15, who wins this classic showdown?

I had to do a little research first... :lol:

List of worst NFL teams ever!

The 1990 Patriots had a point differential of -265, meaning they lost by an average of almost 17 points per game. 

The 1991 Colts scored a measly 143 points in 16 games... less than 9 points per game. 

It's a tough call, LMAO!! 

1 minute ago, GoPats said:

I had to do a little research first... :lol:

List of worst NFL teams ever!

The 1990 Patriots had a point differential of -265, meaning they lost by an average of almost 17 points per game. 

The 1991 Colts scored a measly 143 points in 16 games... less than 9 points per game. 

It's a tough call, LMAO!! 

I would pay to watch it, we may see a nice 10-9 game with many blunders!

22 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What is scary is they could've actually had a much better dynasty than they do now. If it wasn't for the Mannings, they may have 10 SB wins. Peyton stopped the Pats 3 times from getting there in close games, and Eli won 2 SB's over them on some lucky catches.

yup, at a minimum you can say the Manning's cost the Pats 3 rings, likely 4.

2006 - the AFCCG was the Superbowl.  Whoever won was going to destroy the Bears

2007 and 2011 - Eli and the miracle catches

2015 - probably same deal with the AFCCG.  Whoever won would win it all

2013 is the only one I'd say wasn't one the cost the Pats.  That Seahawks team was a force.

1 minute ago, BlacknGold77 said:

yup, at a minimum you can say the Manning's cost the Pats 3 rings, likely 4.

2006 - the AFCCG was the Superbowl.  Whoever won was going to destroy the Bears

2007 and 2011 - Eli and the miracle catches

2015 - probably same deal with the AFCCG.  Whoever won would win it all

2013 is the only one I'd say wasn't one the cost the Pats.  That Seahawks team was a force.

Yeah I think 2006 and 2015 were both the real SB's. Pats would've beat the Panthers and they would've smoked Chicago.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That's a hell of a resume, one that is really unmatched. Since 1995 Colts have a Great one as well but nowhere near that. I am just happy with my 5 AFCCG appearances = 95/2003/2006/2009/2014 and 2 SB appearances = 2006/2009 and a SB Championship pretty recently = 2006 since 95. Colts also had the best 7 season stretch Regular Season record of all-time from 2003-2009 = 89-23. When Belichick and Brady retire you guys are going to never find replacements for them. It will get depressing at times because it will never get that great again either for you guys, you will have your down times - trust me. I think with Andrew Luck and now Ballard here, Colts will win another SB without Peyton within the next 5 years.

-The Colts have been to an AFC Championship Game with 3 different starting QB's since 1995 (Harbaugh/Peyton/Luck), that is a sign of a great organization as well.

You left out the number of SB rings the Colts have. They lost to the Saints and beat a hapless Bears team. Then there was SB III.

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

true.  though funny enough the Patriots just matched that 7 year run (2010-2016) exactly....89-23.  All they gotta do is go 15-1 and 2011-2017 will be 1 game better, hahaha

It's amazing the level of obsession on here with the Pats. 

Guess what??? Try being an NFC fan back in the 80's and 90's and dealing with another historic dynasty called the 49ers. Try being in that same division with them...Try having a historic defense that can never win the division cause both years you go 12-4, the 49ers decide to one up you and go 14-2. You can go 10-6 and still miss the playoffs cause of this team. And it's not just you, it happens to the Falcons, Rams and later Panthers too. Yes, I am definitely saying the 49ers dynasty was way worse, cause they kept more teams out of the playoffs. The old NFC West didn't even make sense having the southern teams in it and we suffered their wrath for years. 

Your team plays in the absolute worst division in football. Maybe focus on hating those teams and getting past them. The Pats aren't keeping you out of the playoffs...I could definitely understand the rage if they were keeping you out, but that isn't the case here. 

22 minutes ago, Synthetic said:

Your team plays in the absolute worst division in football. Maybe focus on hating those teams and getting past them. The Pats aren't keeping you out of the playoffs...I could definitely understand the rage if they were keeping you out, but that isn't the case here. 

I think Durability should be priority number ..

4 hours ago, BlacknGold77 said:

true.  though funny enough the Patriots just matched that 7 year run (2010-2016) exactly....89-23.  All they gotta do is go 15-1 and 2011-2017 will be 1 game better, hahaha

I didn't even realize they are also 89-23 LOL over the last 7 years. I thought we had you guys on that one. It's a tie anyway.

1 hour ago, Synthetic said:

It's amazing the level of obsession on here with the Pats. 

Guess what??? Try being an NFC fan back in the 80's and 90's and dealing with another historic dynasty called the 49ers. Try being in that same division with them...Try having a historic defense that can never win the division cause both years you go 12-4, the 49ers decide to one up you and go 14-2. You can go 10-6 and still miss the playoffs cause of this team. And it's not just you, it happens to the Falcons, Rams and later Panthers too. Yes, I am definitely saying the 49ers dynasty was way worse, cause they kept more teams out of the playoffs. The old NFC West didn't even make sense having the southern teams in it and we suffered their wrath for years. 

Problem with your Saints back then they just never had a franchise QB. Imagine Brees playing on those teams with those defenses. Regarding hating other teams in our Division, most do in here but we have owned the Division for so long (up until the last 2 years) that hating on teams like the Steelers and Pats makes more sense. Those are the 2 teams that have prevented the Colts from having many more SB appearances.

The thing about the Colts seven year run is they purposely lost games at the end of the season numerous times, or that 89-23 could be better. The season that really is a shame was 2009. What owner, gm, coach, or ANY player would "decide" to purposely lose 2 games by pulling as many 1st AND 2nd teamers off the field as needed to get that much sought after loss. RiDICULOUS. And remember also the Colts had to put Sorgi on ir before the Jest game so Painter "had" to play. Eight years later and that is still the darkest moment of Colt football history. Didn't even try for 16-0. For those of you who will attack this post let me ask two questions- How many teams have gone 16-0 and how many times has a team won a sb. The answers are: 1 and 51, so which is harder??????

This is the equivalent of the Saints in the 80s lol! The most enraged, psychotic rant Jim Mora ever tore out was his 1 about how they stink so bad they'll never beat the 49ers. It was during 1 of their winning seasons where they didn't make the playoffs. It just didn't end with a funny like playoffs or that sucked and stunk and sucked and stunk so it got overshadowed. But relax Synth ya'll got it handed to you in 2009.

The Colts were at that point. It wasn't that long ago Irsay was saying Pag is gone if he loses to the Pats again. Then they started going 8-8 which saved him in a backwards turn of events.

The 2nd dumbest thing I ever saw also happened in 2009...the Colts losing those 2 games. So that's how I feel about that. 

As for the Pats, I think Bill deserves credit because of the fact that he hasn't lost his motivation or ability after so many years. I mean even when they don't win the SB you never sit there at the end of a Pat's season wondering what if, or was that really as good as this team was etc. I think it was John Madden who said keeping a good team coached up is the hardest thing to do in the game, which would make sense after he inherited the Raiders. He wasn't the first example of that but he was the first 1 to actually put his finger on it and call it. But yes Bill Parcels and Bob Kraft had a hand in it.

5 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

All things come to an end,  unless the hoodie is immortal

Yeah he may be lmao. When Jordan was in Chicago I thought it would never end but it did. It screwed Reggie out of a Ring with him playing though. I wish we could've had Peyton for 20 years, going 12-4 every year never got old.

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 5:50 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Those are the 2 teams that have prevented the Colts from having many more SB appearances.

Throw San Diego's stupid butt in there too... I'll never forget Scifres killing us in the wildcard game.. way too many playoff heartbreak games.. that we can blame on our QB right?

Just now, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Throw San Diego's stupid butt in there too... I'll never forget Scifres killing us in the wildcard game.. way too many playoff heartbreak games.. that we can blame on our QB right?

Yeah that SD game in 2008 was a fluke. For some reason they had Peyton's number. Cant explain why? Just goofy.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah that SD game in 2008 was a fluke. For some reason they had Peyton's number. Cant explain why? Just goofy.

San Diego in general have the Colts number.. before we came back last year (in a tough game) when was the last time we beat them? When we had to come from behind when Peyton threw number 49? Patriots, Steelers, and Chargers are all on my :yuk: list.. 

2 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

San Diego in general have the Colts number.. before we came back last year (in a tough game) when was the last time we beat them? When we had to come from behind when Peyton threw number 49? Patriots, Steelers, and Chargers are all on my :yuk: list.. 

Yeah anytime we play those 3 I cringe as well. But yet we usually beat Denver, KC, and Green Bay. The NFL where things make no sense lmao