Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

TJ Green at CB

GusBus24

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea what part of Green's performance in college, in his NFL rookie year or in this year's camp and preseason makes Pagano think he can cover as a safety, let alone as a corner. This feels like he's trying to throw % at the wall and see what sticks. SMH

10 minutes ago, stitches said:

I have no idea what part of Green's performance in college, in his NFL rookie year or in this year's camp and preseason makes Pagano think he can cover as a safety, let alone as a corner. This feels like he's trying to throw % at the wall and see what sticks. SMH

It's called taking a chance with a project player.

13 minutes ago, stitches said:

Which is what a lot of teams do during preseason and training camp to see which players are going to make the final roster and which ones won't.  

29 minutes ago, GusBus24 said:

Heard TJ Green got 1st team reps as a CB opposite of Davis today. This could be nice at 6'3 211 pounds. Sounds like he is all for it to. 

"I heard...."?

So you just not gonna credit me & my thread? Gus, I'm hurt..... deeply 

You now owe me apple juice 

(Joking...... about the feelings. I still want the apple juice) haha

1 minute ago, TKnight24 said:

"I heard...."?

You seem to be a pretty loose dude.... apple juice related :thinking:

Wilson and Hairston most likely need rest after the reps they put in Sunday. Plus TJ had a good showing Sunday. He's hungry, athletic and young. Why not take a look and see if he has a little position flexibility. It's practice...

Well they're possibly trying to find a place for him on the field and the way our backup corners looked why not give him a chance to see what he can do..plus if he somehow shows he can play corner then for sure he has ability to play safety 

2 minutes ago, Shadow_Creek said:

I wonder. Are there any differences when playing corner in a 3-4 defense  vs a 4-3 style? I ask because i assume playing man to man is taught in both styles of defense right?

Yeah I believe you can switch up into zone or man in either styles..he is a big guy and him pressing at the los could work out lovely buttttt I won't get my hopes up till I see it on film 

With his talent and ability I don't understand why a few are so negative about giving him a chance.

If it don't work out there is nothing gambled or lost.

Is it because he was a Grigson pick or what? There are players all over the league who end up playing different positions that what was originally thought. The more versatile players can be the better they are.

Sometimes, i think the fans here that talk up so much about Landon Collins might well have tried to run him out of town... in his rookie year.

PFF had Collins rated as the NFL's worst safety in his rookie 2015 season.  Then in 2016, he turned it around and became the straw that stirs the Giants D drink.

I am not one to write of any rookie, especially on that has incredible measurables and intangibles.  I'll make my decision on T.J. at the end of next season.  I'll know if he can learn and make his athleticism work anywhere in the scheme.

I know (one of) my goal(s) was for him to be  'Big Nickel' safety in both 11 and 12 (especially when the other team motions one of their big athletic TE's out wide) personnel looks.

I can't wait to see in what innovative defensive looks Pagano and the DB coaches do with Green as he learns and develops his game.

52 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

"I heard...."?

Sorry. I just saw it come across my phone

10 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Sometimes, i think the fans here that talk up so much about Landon Collins might well have tried to run him out of town... in his rookie year.

PFF had Collins rated as the NFL's worst safety in his rookie 2015 season.  Then in 2016, he turned it around and became the straw that stirs the Giants D drink.

I am not one to write of any rookie, especially on that has incredible measurables and intangibles.  I'll make my decision on T.J. at the end of next season.  I'll know if he can learn and make his athleticism work anywhere in the scheme.

I know (one of) my goal(s) was for him to be  'Big Nickel' safety in out 11 and 12 (especially when the other team motions one of their big athletic TE's out wide) personnel looks.

I can't wait to see in what innovative defensive looks Pagano and the DB coaches do with Green as he learns and develops his game.

Landon had great college film at S though. He also had the 7th most defensive stops for a S his rookie year. He atleast showed some flashes. 

26 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

I know (one of) my goal(s) was for him to be  'Big Nickel' safety in out 11 and 12 (especially when the other team motions one of their big athletic TE's out wide) personnel looks.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda......the answers to all of life's complexities.

13 minutes ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

Woulda, coulda, shoulda......the answers to all of life's complexities.

You forgot  "but dint"... my football (and wrestling ) coach in HS said it all the time.  He would say why didn't you ______???.... after your response his would be.... "you woulda, you coulda and you SHOULDA.... but you dint" and then the evil eye would burn you to the ground, lol.  He was a good sized man and played NT semi-pro.... would demand your respect questions or challenges were not necessary.

6 minutes ago, krunk said:

There was nothing wrong with Hairston.  Some people just have a need to call somebody awful just because of a love for the word.  LOL

It's easier to call someone awful or bad when they don't take the time to watch and understand what is going on.

11 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

It's easier to call someone awful or bad when they don't take the time to watch and understand what is going on.

I thought he did fine, particularly given his draft status and that most didn't/ don't have high expectations of him.  

I am of the opinion he may be one of those diamond in the rough type players.... we'll see, its early.