Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why all these injuries so early???

AustexColt

I don't understand the injuries being noted by our OL. Has anyone bother to look into the possibility that the scheme and techniques which the coaches are designing are generating these injuries? You don't see this happening with the great OL. During Manning days we did not have all this flurry of injuries with the OL. Jeff Saturday played year in and year out with no problem. I am just curious if anyone has studied this possibility.

37 minutes ago, AustexColt said:

I don't understand the injuries being noted by our OL. Has anyone bother to look into the possibility that the scheme and techniques which the coaches are designing are generating these injuries? You don't see this happening with the great OL. During Manning days we did not have all this flurry of injuries with the OL. Jeff Saturday played year in and year out with no problem. I am just curious if anyone has studied this possibility.

Sweet Jesus....

1) All teams are facing injuries to one extent or another right now.  The Colts don't have it nearly as bad as others.

2) The coaches' scheme that you think are causing these injuries, is that the one where big, giant grown men run into each other for a living?

3) Jeff Saturday most certainly missed games in his career.  He missed the first 4 of the 2008 season with a knee injury suffered - wait for it - in a preseason game.

1 hour ago, AustexColt said:

Because football is a violent sport and it comes with the territory. Injuries are bound to happen.

56 minutes ago, bananabucket said:

Fans of every team think they have some abnormal amount of injuries.  The only ones with legitimate gripes seem to be the Ravens and Chargers.  

I think we've been rather lucky in that our injuries have almost all been short-term.

The Chargers were historically unlucky last year, but there is data suggesting we are always in the bottom half of the league in terms of games missed by starters, the one year we were in the average was when Luck missed half the year.

You know there's injuries, then there are INJURIES.   Have we had a serious one yet?   Talk to the Dolphins or a few other teams about that.

And sometimes putting guys, especially rookies, on IR is a way to store them for next year.