Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Natson

Dudley Smith

I didn't get to watch the entire game yesterday, but when I was watching this Natson guy was definitely sticking out in a good way. First, on punt returns he seems to have a very big burst and can get going quickly. Second, he seemed like he was open quite a bit later in the game when he became one of the receivers on the field. He actually reminded me a bit of the type of player that has single-handily killed the Colts in the past. Little speedster who gets going fast and rips the Colts up for YAC.

I am an ignoramus when it comes to who has what chance of making the team. Can someone in the know tell me if Natson will likely be making the roster? I certainly hope he does. Seems like he could pretty useful in certain situations as well as PR/KR.

15 minutes ago, Dudley Smith said:

I didn't get to watch the entire game yesterday, but when I was watching this Natson guy was definitely sticking out in a good way. First, on punt returns he seems to have a very big burst and can get going quickly. Second, he seemed like he was open quite a bit later in the game when he became one of the receivers on the field. He actually reminded me a bit of the type of player that has single-handily killed the Colts in the past. Little speedster who gets going fast and rips the Colts up for YAC.

I am an ignoramus when it comes to who has what chance of making the team. Can someone in the know tell me if Natson will likely be making the roster? I certainly hope he does. Seems like he could pretty useful in certain situations as well as PR/KR.

I'd love to have him make the squad.  The only thing is there is a bit of a crowd at the position.  The only way I see it is if we keep 6 WRS.  Think it would come down to us deciding between him and Bug Howard.  My gut says they'd probably go with the big body.  I sat down and studied Jo Jo after we picked him up.  I did this before anybody mentioned his name.  Half the forum probably didn't even realize he was on the roster.  Kid has a lot of heart, leaping ability and a lot of speed. To me he's got TY Hilton type potential in a smaller frame.  Or maybe like Jakeem Grant.   He's a gamer.

1 hour ago, krunk said:

On special teams he had no fear.  He just saw the seam and hit it.

That's the way you're supposed to do it instead of all that dancing around.

Yes -- despite being one of the smallest guys out there he didn't shy away from the contact either. Maybe he should rein that in a little bit to avoid injury but I liked the speed and toughness combo he was displaying.

I don't see why not, especially if Dorsett is cut or traded. If they keep 5 WR's Hilton, Moncrief, Aiken, Rogers, Natson (assuming he beats out Bray for the return position). He has got as good of a shot, if not more so, than any of the other guys competing, It's not like he has several good veterans in front of him.

I think we got to find a way to keep this kid.   I've watched the replay of that game more than once.  Natson is a gamer and I love his swagger and toughness.   He's not afraid in the least bit and he gets open.  I think he will continue to make plays.

1 hour ago, krunk said:

I think we got to find a way to keep this kid.   I've watched the replay of that game more than once.  Natson is a gamer and I love his swagger and toughness.   He's not afraid in the least bit and he gets open.  I think he will continue to make plays.

Yep.  You have to fear for his life with every hit.  But can he possibly be injured any more than any of our other WRs?   I'd rather have him returning punts than Chester, just so Chester doesn't get hurt there.  

Bug us would be Nice to have but he'll get very few snaps.  Definitely want him on the PS.  

1 minute ago, Smonroe said:

Yep.  You have to fear for his life with every hit.  But can he possibly be injured any more than any of our other WRs?   I'd rather have him returning punts than Chester, just so Chester doesn't get hurt there.  

Bug us would be Nice to have but he'll get very few snaps.  Definitely want him on the PS.  

Natson kind of reminds me of Santana Moss a little bit.   I think that may be why they gave him the number 6.  Like moss had in College.

4 hours ago, krunk said:

I fear if Colts let him go it will be Dion Lewis all over again. Nat will go someplace else and start tearing it up. He definitely popped off the screen in the game on Sunday more so than any of the other non-starters. I agree he needs to be given a full-roster spot and not just be put on the PS.

12 minutes ago, Dudley Smith said:

I fear if Colts let him go it will be Dion Lewis all over again. Nat will go someplace else and start tearing it up. He definitely popped off the screen in the game on Sunday more so than any of the other non-starters. I agree he needs to be given a full-roster spot and not just be put on the PS.

We have a stupid coaching staff. So....We wouldn't have ran plays for Dion and utilized him like NE has. He would have been the 3rd RB and maybe carried the ball 2-3 times a game instead of killing it in the passing game which is his strength. I loved it when we signed him. I was like YES, but our staff doesn't utilize players like they should be used. We don't play to their strength. Hell Dorsett would probably be a really good player in Seattle.

As for Natson. I like what I've seen. I like Howard, but I think we could keep him on the PS this year, and see what he looks like next year. We don't need Bray. He brings nothing to the dinner table really. I always want to see 6 wide outs. Every season. But yeah. Here's what our receiving corps should look like week 1. In order btw.

Hilton

Moncrief

Rogers

Dorsett

Aiken

Natson

Bug Howard on the PS, and 10 better get and stay healthy. 100% all year, 1,000 plus yards, and 10 TD's Dontae !!!! Do you wanna be a Brandon LeFell ? Or do you wanna be a true blue, number 1, top 10 in the NFL WR ??? Stay on the field baby !!!!!

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 2:01 PM, TKnight24 said:

Looks better than most

If we keep 6 WR's, he's definitely making the roster 

Don't remember Quan Bray out there. Good hands, solid route running & good returner

I say he makes the 53 barring an injury 

Bray stinks wasn't impressed by Howard either.

6 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Bray stinks wasn't impressed by Howard either.

Howard caught all the passes I seen go to him that were reasonable.  He didn't embarrass himself out there that I recall. Bray is just a returner but a good one. If jo jo takes that spot and can play wr, Bray goes.

What is the love for Aiken here? I've seen or heard nothing from him 

It's been pretty difficult to tell what's going on with our QB play. We need returners and I'm going to go out on a limb and say Ballard wants someone who's a threat to take it to the house. Look back at KC's return game 

Bray had a great average but I didn't get the feeling his was that threat. Jo Jo gives me that feeling. I also don't think Aiken has a lock on a roster spot.

Things aren't going to be I signed them they are in  It's going to be if you don't win the spot you are gone. Aiken and Bray are gone if we keep 5 IMO