Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Report: Colts looking into Jeremy Zuttah

PeterBowman

4 minutes ago, PeterBowman said:

Sounds like a ploy to get the Ravens to pony up more.  I think he'd start there, probably a backup here.

I guess it all depends on what they really think Kelly's prognosis is because I doubt they'd pay top dollar for a backup.  

2 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I dont believe Zuttah would fill a need.  yes he's a center and currently the Colts have no healthy centers on the roster but I don't think Zuttah is an upgrade over anyone on the Colts at this time.

It's depth. If Kelly were to go down again, we have no depth at center. Schwenke is still injured and none of the other centers impressed.

2 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I dont believe Zuttah would fill a need.  yes he's a center and currently the Colts have no healthy centers on the roster but I don't think Zuttah is an upgrade over anyone on the Colts at this time.

He has experience at all 3 interior OL spots and was in the Pro Bowl at C last season. Do we know when :Schwenke is expected back?  Who are the interior OL that have impressed so much?

I thought we should have addressed G this off season. I think we are thin at that spot We have Mewhort and hopefully Haeg has developed a better anchor then he had last year. We have yet to see Haeg this season. 

Who do we have behind them? Good? I for one don't want to see Good at G again. I don't see the depth on the OL. 

2 hours ago, pgt_rob said:

There was news that the 49ers wanted him to play Guard but he played terrible. So that option of playing along the line might not work out for us. Might be strictly depth for the center spot only.

Do you have a link? I couldn't find anything saying that. I saw Kilgore came back and took the starting C job coming back from injury. 

I read Zuttah  had been working  with the 2nd and 3rd teams at C & G.  Kilgore returned from injury to take his starting C job back. Zuggart didn't have the  athletic ability Shanahan likes He wanted to let him go so he could catch on elsewhere. 

3 hours ago, csmopar said:

this all just proves how good Ryan Kelly is

Though it was expected, you could definitely tell the middle of the line was not nearly as good without Kelly. The run blocking was especially bad. Everytime the Colts tried running up the middle, there was almost never a hole with Bond in there. I'm sure he did his best, but he definitely was no kelly.

3 hours ago, Archer said:

Love it!  He could fill the Schwenke b/up C/OG role that Schwenke is yet to fill!

Yes, and I can see him snarfling up a decent guard at cutdown time. Watch the teams with the really good O-lines give a player up that'll be a beast in couple of years and serve an immediate need now.

7 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

It's hard to see him not being an upgrade over Bond and Redmond, neither of whom were any good yesterday (big picture, they aren't pro material right now at center, although either of them can definitely improve with time). He would fill the role that Schwenke was signed to fill, at least in the mean time. And if he's not any good, then he can be adios'd. 

He's missed a lot of time this offseason with a hamstring issue, so I wonder whether he'd even pass a physical. If so, I'd give him a non guaranteed deal and send him out there to compete. 

7 hours ago, akcolt said:

He has experience at all 3 interior OL spots and was in the Pro Bowl at C last season. Do we know when :Schwenke is expected back?  Who are the interior OL that have impressed so much?

I thought we should have addressed G this off season. I think we are thin at that spot We have Mewhort and hopefully Haeg has developed a better anchor then he had last year. We have yet to see Haeg this season. 

Who do we have behind them? Good? I for one don't want to see Good at G again. I don't see the depth on the OL. 

i concur

19 hours ago, Superman said:

It's hard to see him not being an upgrade over Bond and Redmond, neither of whom were any good yesterday (big picture, they aren't pro material right now at center, although either of them can definitely improve with time). He would fill the role that Schwenke was signed to fill, at least in the mean time. And if he's not any good, then he can be adios'd. 

He's missed a lot of time this offseason with a hamstring issue, so I wonder whether he'd even pass a physical. If so, I'd give him a non guaranteed deal and send him out there to compete. 

Redmond maybe, but I was impressed with Bond.  He's on the small side, but his quickness off the snap, technique and positioning was near flawless on the half dozen or so plays that I focused on him.  He needs to learn how to use that leverage against NFL type DTs/NTs but his first game would have been impressive if he was a draft pick, even more so as an UDFA.  He will be fun to watch over the next couple of weeks to see if his play was because he was familiar with the Lions after practicing against them for a couple of days. 

On 8/14/2017 at 0:31 PM, akcolt said:

He does have experience at all three interior positions.  I will say this though, teams do not get rid of good players for low draft picks.  Tampa traded him to Baltimore for a 5th round draft pick.  Even after his "probowl" year Baltimore traded him to SF for a 6th round pick (and Baltimore had to give up a 6th round pick as well).  Then SF released him early in training camp.  Teams don't do that to players that are valuable to their team and for both Baltimore and SF their interior line is worse than the Colts, so if he had any value at any of those positions they would not have traded/released him.

Me too, there were a lot of good guards in the draft this year and if I were running the show, the Colts would have drafted one of them.

Like I've mentioned Boyd was impressive.  Good is a good option.  I didn't watch much of Banner but from other people on this forum he had a good showing.  They dont' ask me but I don't mind if the Colts look at Zuttah, but I will be surprised if anything comes of it, one team giving up on him may mean they don't know what they are doing but three teams giving up on him... does not bode well.

1 hour ago, Coffeedrinker said:

He does have experience at all three interior positions.  I will say this though, teams do not get rid of good players for low draft picks.  Tampa traded him to Baltimore for a 5th round draft pick.  Even after his "probowl" year Baltimore traded him to SF for a 6th round pick (and Baltimore had to give up a 6th round pick as well).  Then SF released him early in training camp.  Teams don't do that to players that are valuable to their team and for both Baltimore and SF their interior line is worse than the Colts, so if he had any value at any of those positions they would not have traded/released him.

Me too, there were a lot of good guards in the draft this year and if I were running the show, the Colts would have drafted one of them.

Like I've mentioned Boyd was impressive.  Good is a good option.  I didn't watch much of Banner but from other people on this forum he had a good showing.  They dont' ask me but I don't mind if the Colts look at Zuttah, but I will be surprised if anything comes of it, one team giving up on him may mean they don't know what they are doing but three teams giving up on him... does not bode well.

Makes sense to me.  Then I have to ask what is going on with Pasztor? Why is he not getting the calls?  Is it about the dollars?  I wish I knew the answers.  But Pasztor is the player I would be bringing in.  He is only 27 I believe.  I don't get it. Why no interest?

30 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Makes sense to me.  Then I have to ask what is going on with Pasztor? Why is he not getting the calls?  Is it about the dollars?  I wish I knew the answers.  But Pasztor is the player I would be bringing in.  He is only 27 I believe.  I don't get it. Why no interest?

Good question, I don't know anything about Pasztor other than what I've read but it sounds like, before free agency, he was considered an underrated prospect who would probably be signing a 5 year 20+ million contract.