Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ezekiel Elliott Could Miss 6+ Games In Suspension

King Colt

1 minute ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Fair enough.  In a court of law, you are 100% correct.  There is definitely a gray-area when it comes to he-said vs. she-said that can be exploited by opportunists.

All I'm saying is that if a player gives the "authorities" enough evidence to actually conduct an investigation, then they're probably not as "innocent" as you're giving them credit for.  I think the NFL agrees.

If Elliott had done absolutely nothing wrong and there was zero evidence of him doing anything illegal, this would be a non-story or exposed as a gold-digging scam or "fake news" or something.  Which may still prove to be the case.  I don't know, but this doesn't look good.

Unless she had a gun, it's hard to imagine a justifiable reason for him to hit her instead of just walking away (backward of course, if you have a brain, you don't turn your back on an angry woman with a weapon), but avoiding violence none-the-less.

Zekes' availability is now directly affected by his off-field shenanigans.  Can't say I feel bad for the Cowboys. :dunno:

Ill tell you this it was a proven report that they caught this girl in a lie about when she said he yanked her out of a car that was a lie didn't happen so since she lied about that what else did she lie about.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, jameszeigler834 said:

so since she lied about that what else did she lie about

The better question is what has she been honest about.

The quest for truth over deception is a very noble quest indeed.

But I'll be honest, I'm still waiting for the truth to come out, like everyone else.  So I'll reserve judgement until we know the facts, if we ever do...  :pokerface:

1 minute ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Ill tell you this it was a proven report that they caught this girl in a lie about when she said he yanked her out of a car that was a lie didn't happen so since she lied about that what else did she lie about.

Enough to probably prevent getting a conviction in criminal court (no jail time), thus no charges filed  But what about these?

She took photos of her injuries. As the league examined the meta-data in the phone with respect to those photos, the league discovered the date on which those photos were taken. They were taken the same day as Ms. Thompson alleged she was injured by Mr. Elliott. We also examined the reports of two medical experts who are knowledgeable about violence issues, and evaluating injuries of violence. These medical experts corroborated many of the statements that Ms. Thompson made. We also examined the, as I said before, the submissions offered by Mr. Elliott’s representatives. One thing that was significant to us was that many of these people offered affidavits. They declined to be interviewed by the NFL’s investigators, which raised suspicions in our minds about the veracity of these witnesses. In at least one of the affidavits that I reviewed, the information was different in the affidavit than the witness gave to the NFL’s investigators when they talked to this particular witness. We also examined the arguments made by Mr. Elliott’s representatives, and the arguments seemed to be theoretical. They did not seem to be supported by any witness, any document, any other substantive evidence.

The advisory panel has access to all of the evidence the NFL collected, including the items you mention, and came to the conclusion there was a lot more evidence siding with the victim and her story rather than the defendant.  That's all that is needed. If lucky, Elliot's representative team can find more nuggets of her doing such stuff and lessen the suspension.  NFL has served notice, players can't get away with things anymore becasue they can pay off the accuser, or get victim to not cooperate, or find something that might get a single juror to not buy in to the guilty verdict, etc... They'll perform there own investigation, take every step on doing so, and are battled hardened in court system after all the Players taking them to Federal court and finally over the NFLPA/Players by winning in the end.

16 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

The better question is what has she been honest about.

The quest for truth over deception is a very noble quest indeed.

But I'll be honest, I'm still waiting for the truth to come out, like everyone else.  So I'll reserve judgement until we know the facts, if we ever do...  :pokerface:

We might not, I do not think the league wants the dirty laundry of this case 'out there'.  It may come out if Elliott takes it to Federal court, but the NFL is battle hardened in that scenario now, and has precedent on their side as well.

Everything will be be tween the league and Elliott's team.  It will be all evidence presented on both sides, with no fraud or bias.  Has to be or the NFLPA will have a case for vacation of the suspension.  NFL knows this and will be frank and above board, and not open to having their final decision reversed.

One final thought edited in:

There is no way they league wants a fast rising star to be punished or publicly humiliated without cause. By the same token, no player, star or jag, is bigger than the shield itself.  They learned from mistakes trying please everybody and ending up pleasing nobody with lenient punishments that were inconsistent from case to case.  Now they a have protocol, an experienced  and court tested investigative and legal team.  The NFL has to follow through diligently without bias, no matter who is under investigation, from investigation to punishments regarding their PCP.

My problem is that having seen the video from him pulling down a woman's top at a parade, it's not hard to believe the accusations that have been made against him. Good men don't do stuff like that. I can't say I know for sure but the signs definitely point to Elliott not being a very good person. 

5 hours ago, GoPats said:

My problem is that having seen the video from him pulling down a woman's top at a parade, it's not hard to believe the accusations that have been made against him. Good men don't do stuff like that. I can't say I know for sure but the signs definitely point to Elliott not being a very good person. 

Nobody is perfect.

8 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Nobody is perfect.

Very true. I'm not someone who should be another person's judge or jury. My only point is that his public actions have made him seem capable of what he's been accused of, and that he should be mindful of that. If the NFL is investigating you for domestic assault, it's probably a bad idea to be pulling a woman's top down in public. 

18 minutes ago, GoPats said:

Very true. I'm not someone who should be another person's judge or jury. My only point is that his public actions have made him seem capable of what he's been accused of, and that he should be mindful of that. If the NFL is investigating you for domestic assault, it's probably a bad idea to be pulling a woman's top down in public. 

Maybe but I'm not convinced that he did anything worthy of being suspended for that they could prove.

1 hour ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Maybe but I'm not convinced that he did anything worthy of being suspended for that they could prove.

You haven't seen all of the evidence. The NFL, NFLPA and their lawyers have.  

So, let me help you out with that-

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2017/08/17/everything-need-know-nfls-investigation-cowboys-rb-ezekiel-elliott-assault-allegations

and the photos of the injuries-

http://www.tmz.com/2017/08/11/ezekiel-elliott-domestic-violence-injury-photos/

Now everyone can read, look and decide. No excuses.

I had a lot of respect for him during his time at OSU.  I was even hoping there was a chance he could fall to us somehow.  

Sorry, but if it is in fact true I think his NFL privileges should be taken away.  Don't give me the second chance argument.  

If you want a second chance policy then put them in some sort of rehab if you must, but there are plenty of players that don't beat on women or kids.  The NFL does not "owe" them anything at all, and they certainly are not babysitters. 

Would a law firm hire someone who has a history of beating on women, gun violence or other felonious behavior? Something similar?  How about an architect or engineer or project manager?  Or more importantly a teacher, should they get a second chance?  I know domestic violence isn't usually a felony, but it can head that direction if left unchecked. 

Football is entertainment, and for players it is a privilege and an awesome opportunity to get paid very well to perform doing something they love doing.  It can be a generational financial change for their families.  They know what is at stake (and they do) so behave accordingly; or join all others who decide the standards and morals and LAW isn't for them.  

7 minutes ago, BR-549 said:

I had a lot of respect for him during his time at OSU.  I was even hoping there was a chance he could fall to us somehow.  

Sorry, but if it is in fact true I think his NFL privileges should be taken away.  Don't give me the second chance argument.  

If you want a second chance policy then put them in some sort of rehab if you must, but there are plenty of players that don't beat on women or kids.  The NFL does not "owe" them anything at all, and they certainly are not babysitters. 

Would a law firm hire someone who has a history of beating on women, gun violence or other felonious behavior? Something similar?  How about an architect or engineer or project manager?  Or more importantly a teacher, should they get a second chance?  I know domestic violence isn't usually a felony, but it can head that direction if left unchecked. 

Football is entertainment, and for players it is a privilege and an awesome opportunity to get paid very well to perform doing something they love doing.  It can be a generational financial change for their families.  They know what is at stake (and they do) so behave accordingly; or join all others who decide the standards and morals and LAW isn't for them.  

He's no Emmitt Smith, Emmitt never got in trouble. Elliott doesn't seem like the sharpest tool in the shed.

1 hour ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

You haven't seen all of the evidence. The NFL, NFLPA and their lawyers have.  

So, let me help you out with that-

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2017/08/17/everything-need-know-nfls-investigation-cowboys-rb-ezekiel-elliott-assault-allegations

and the photos of the injuries-

http://www.tmz.com/2017/08/11/ezekiel-elliott-domestic-violence-injury-photos/

Now everyone can read, look and decide. No excuses.

These woman are not always as innocent as they claim though and those pictures still leave me 50/50 on his guilt I also know she lied about him yanking her out of the car at about the same time sounds like somebody looking for attention to me.

2 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

These woman are not always as innocent as they claim though and those pictures still leave me 50/50 on his guilt I also know she lied about him yanking her out of the car at about the same time sounds like somebody looking for attention to me.

Here's the deal... if the NFL thinks he's 50.1% guilty, and 49.9 percent not guilty, then they make the call as guilty and punish accordingly.  That is the standard the NFL has to meet.  Nothing more.

Now, Elliott has opportunity to admit more evidence at the Appeal.(Aug 29 ? )  If he can do so, it might reduce the suspension some.  But he can't prove 100% innocence (or it would have been done already) , so getting the suspension vacated is almost nil. I doubt highly he and/or the NFLPA take this to the outside Federal court, either.

On August 16, 2017 at 11:41 AM, chad72 said:

This doesn't look good for the accuser though:

http://www.businessinsider.com/ezekiel-elliott-suspension-appeal-blackmail-text-messages-from-accuser-2017-8

However, it does not change the fact what he did to her. Zeke is hoping for a reduction at best.

I never condone or take lightly victim shaming or abuse of women who endure abuse in any shape, fashion, or form just to be clear. 

Tiffany Thompson loses significant sympathy though when she is threatening intimate videotapes of her & Elliot together for money though. " I want 20k. Go big or go home." 

I'm sorry. The vast majority of victims of domestic violence can't eat, can't sleep, display obvious trust issues, & the last thing on their mind is a big payday. This woman is a disgrace to real victims of violence. She has lost substantial credibility with me. 

Thank you for posting that link Chad. 

Is it possible Miss Thompson was still abused? Yes. Does it matter that Elliot's legal team is using these texts to protect their client? Yes, Physical abuse is a crime. So, is blackmail & extortion. Victims of abuse don't care about large settlements; They just want to feel safe, secure, & protected. 

7 hours ago, GoPats said:

If the NFL is investigating you for domestic assault, it's probably a bad idea to be pulling a woman's top down in public. 

Very well said GP. I just wonder what goes through any guy's head to think that this type of behavior is acceptable. This act wasn't intoxication or liquid courage to me, but a sense of entitlement based on Elliot's fame as a Dallas Cowboys running back. Just my take on his poor decision making. 

1 hour ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Here's the deal... if the NFL thinks he's 50.1% guilty, and 49.9 percent not guilty, then they make the call as guilty and punish accordingly.  That is the standard the NFL has to meet.  Nothing more.

Now, Elliott has opportunity to admit more evidence at the Appeal.(Aug 29 ? )  If he can do so, it might reduce the suspension some.  But he can't prove 100% innocence (or it would have been done already) , so getting the suspension vacated is almost nil. I doubt highly he and/or the NFLPA take this to the outside Federal court, either.

Ya and they cant prove beyond a reasonable doubt either that he is guilty so if this suspension stands at 6 games its bull.

8 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Ya and they cant prove beyond a reasonable doubt either that he is guilty so if this suspension stands at 6 games its bull.

It's not a court, the NFL doesn't have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt about anything.

They look at the evidence and if they feel that it is a 50.1% chance of him being guilty they give the suspension.   Really no big deal.   

The company I work for would do far more with far less information. 

8 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

That is your stumbling block-

They do not have to.  This is not a criminal case, and the stakes of the outcome aren't jail time or worse.  All the League has to do is believe is that he likely caused those bruises, no matter what she says, did, whether she amplifies, lies whatever along with her truthful bits... at the end of the day, if all the evidence evens leans slightly to 'it's more than likely he caused those bruises', he gets 6 games. If her story is more believable (including the lies and all) than his, then she wins.  That's it.  It's a civil case type scenario, not a jury criminal trial.  Burden of proof to convict is so much less for these.  It's how our judicial system works. Have you ever watched People's Court, or Judge Judy types of shows? The Judge doesn't have to have 'beyond reasonable doubt' proof to make a ruling one way or the other. They pry into and weigh the evidence before them and then select the one that is more credible.

And until the next CBA, this is the way it will be, including the appeal and arbitration rules.  So players are on notice. Be able to show you are more believable than the persons story bringing charges against you.  And the Federal courts will not overrule the Leagues decisions, unless pure bias or fraud can be shown; thanks to the deflategate case.

2 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

That is your stumbling block-

They do not have to.  This is not a criminal case, and the stakes of the outcome aren't jail time or worse.  All the League has to do is believe is that he likely caused those bruises, no matter what she says, did, whether she amplifies, lies whatever along with her truthful bits... at the end of the day, if all the evidence evens leans slightly to 'it's more than likely he caused those bruises', he gets 6 games. If her story is more believable (including the lies and all) than his, then she wins.  That's it.  It's a civil case type scenario, not a jury criminal trial.  Burden of proof to convict is so much less for these.  It's how our judicial system works. Have you ever watched People's Court, or Judge Judy types of shows? The Judge doesn't have to have 'beyond reasonable doubt' proof to make a ruling one way or the other. They pry into and weigh the evidence before them and then select the one that is more credible.

And until the next CBA, this is the way it will be, including the appeal and arbitration rules.  So players are on notice. Be able to show you are more believable than the persons story bringing charges against you.  And the Federal courts will not overrule the Leagues decisions, unless pure bias or fraud can be shown; thanks to the deflategate case.

Nicely said.   I liked the "Peoples Court" comparison.   Very valid.  

Perhaps Elliott would be wise to not hang around with "questionable" girls -- some of you have made the point that she isn't snow white.  Most that are involved in abusive relationships or date rape aren't.  In our daughter's case, she casually knew the assailant as he followed her as a "fan" at many of her singing gigs.  All it took was her car breaking down and him "helping her out" by driving her home and he had his opportunity to drug and rape her.  

Many girls who are raped or abused have past histories of being abused by fathers and other men.  Some are drug addicts.  Some are perfectly innocent.  It isn't actually relevant.  Even if a woman has been a prostitute and says, "No" she has the exact same rights as the sweet girl virgin.  If a woman says, "Yes" and it gets rough, she's not to blame.

Ezekial's conduct is the issue.  His choices.  His decisions, even if the girl were somewhat to blame, have crossed the NFL policy line.  As has been stated before by many of us.  "He's not perfect!"  Isn't a defense against a pretty clearly defined behavioral policy for the privilege of playing in and representing the NFL.     

How hard would it be for any of you fine gentlemen to simply never hit a woman or mistreat her?  It's just not that high of a standard...

On 8/17/2017 at 11:58 PM, southwest1 said:

I never condone or take lightly victim shaming or abuse of women who endure abuse in any shape, fashion, or form just to be clear. 

Tiffany Thompson loses significant sympathy though when she is threatening intimate videotapes of her & Elliot together for money though. " I want 20k. Go big or go home." 

I'm sorry. The vast majority of victims of domestic violence can't eat, can't sleep, display obvious trust issues, & the last thing on their mind is a big payday. This woman is a disgrace to real victims of violence. She has lost substantial credibility with me. 

Thank you for posting that link Chad. 

Is it possible Miss Thompson was still abused? Yes. Does it matter that Elliot's legal team is using these texts to protect their client? Yes, Physical abuse is a crime. So, is blackmail & extortion. Victims of abuse don't care about large settlements; They just want to feel safe, secure, & protected. 

This is why it is always difficult for me to pass judgment on a person.  I've not walked in their shoes.  I want to be as gender neutral as possible.  If these reports are true, she seems like she may have a bullying personality.  There are ways to bully someone other than by violence...other threats.  If someone is getting bullied repeatedly by nonviolent means, maybe the perp feels the only way to stop it is by giving a physical beat down.  That doesn't mean its not a crime and is justified, but it's not the same thing as if she was a kind woman who was trapped in a submissive relationship. 

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 1:59 PM, footballhero1 said:

The problem with an appeal is that the NFL won't reduce games without an admission of guilt and it will only lead to a massive info dump where Zeke's dirty laundry is out. If it's bad he becomes toxic and the Cowboys new star is public enemy number 1

I dont know why its so hard to say, I did it and I'm sorry'.  (especially when there's photographs).

The NFL lowers the suspension and the victim probably stops trying to prove you did it.

Nobody moves on until Ezekiel admits he did wrong

16 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I dont know why its so hard to say, I did it and I'm sorry'.  (especially when there's photographs).

The NFL lowers the suspension and the victim probably stops trying to prove you did it.

Nobody moves on until Ezekiel admits he did wrong

Well there's debates about her getting in a bar fight (which was corroberated by a bouncer) being a reason for her marks in the photographs.

so IF he is innocent, it's a Salem Witch thing where he has to lie and say he did to not get punished as bad. Which brands him as a women beater for life. 

6 minutes ago, footballhero1 said:

Well there's debates about her getting in a bar fight (which was corroberated by a bouncer) being a reason for her marks in the photographs.

so IF he is innocent, it's a Salem Witch thing where he has to lie and say he did to not get punished as bad. Which brands him as a women beater for life. 

She got beat up in a bar fight and decided it was a  chance to take photos and blame it on Ezekiel.?

Does that story make sense?

The police say the photos are consistent with what she said happened.

There are 3 police reports from 3 different days. He was there.

There is no chance he had nothing to do with her.

He will not be branded a woman beater for life.

He will be forgiven if her is sorry

He has to admit he was wrong so he can put this behind him.

47 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

She got beat up in a bar fight and decided it was a  chance to take photos and blame it on Ezekiel.?

Why would he admit to a crime he wasn't prosecuted for?  No one would do that.   I think he did it,  But they could use his statement against him

Just now, jvan1973 said:

Why would he admit to a crime he wasn't prosecuted for?  No one would do that.   I think he did it,  But they could use his statement against him

I think he did it, too.....

...which means he will have to reach a settlement with the woman.

But that;s eventually going to have to happen anyway. One way or another.

Exekiel doenst say he was never there when the police showed up. If things went sideways and you got rough, admit it. there's photos showing the bruises...

My point was: he wont be branded for live. That's overly dramatic...

To say that he shouldnt admit anything because he wasn't prosecuted for it....even though you (and I) think he did it....when he was there...3 different times

Okay, but ..that arguement will make this linger..and that road goes nowhere

27 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I think he did it, too.....

...which means he will have to reach a settlement with the woman.

But that;s eventually going to have to happen anyway. One way or another.

Exekiel doenst say he was never there when the police showed up. If things went sideways and you got rough, admit it. there's photos showing the bruises...

My point was: he wont be branded for live. That's overly dramatic...

To say that he shouldnt admit anything because he wasn't prosecuted for it....even though you (and I) think he did it....when he was there...3 different times

Okay, but ..that arguement will make this linger..and that road goes nowhere

He was never charged with a crime.  He won't be paying her

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

- she also said she was going to ruin his career and that because she was a white woman and he was a black man nobody would believe. 

-she also got caught telling her friend to lie for her to help ruin Zeke's reputation 

So imo, idk what happened, but her tesitimony is questionable. 

So to me there is reasonable doubt. To the people who could have charged Zeke, they looked at all the evidence and didn't bring charges. And if Zeke is in fact innocent, why the hell would he admit to anything? It ruins his reputation and probably derails his career

1 hour ago, footballhero1 said:

- she also said she was going to ruin his career and that because she was a white woman and he was a black man nobody would believe. 

-she also got caught telling her friend to lie for her to help ruin Zeke's reputation 

So to me there is reasonable doubt. To the people who could have charged Zeke, they looked at all the evidence and didn't bring charges. And if Zeke is in fact innocent, why the hell would he admit to anything? It ruins his reputation and probably derails his career

THIS RIGHT HERE...  "she also said she was going to ruin his career and that because she was a white woman and he was a black man nobody would believe."

There are witnesses of her saying this nonsense. Her butt should be drug through the mud with a defamation lawsuit. 

6 hours ago, footballhero1 said:

Well, then there is this-

"Among the most compelling evidence, Harvey said, was smartphone metadata that showed photographs Thompson took of her bodily injuries were snapped on the same days she had spent with Elliott.

Days!  not day... {smartphone data and all TXT and records from both parties phones were collected and turned over to the NFL}

What the NFL investigators learned was that on at least four nights between July 16 and July 21, Mr. Elliott and Ms. Thompson stayed together in the same apartment in the same bedroom. And so these injuries did not just, at least in my judgment, magically appear on her body,” Harvey said. “So while alternative theories are interesting, in my judgment they have to be supported by evidence and that was lacking in this particular situation.

They also "reviewed the submissions offered by Mr. Elliott’s representatives. One thing that was significant to us was that many of these people offered affidavits. They declined to be interviewed by the NFL’s investigators, which raised suspicions in our minds about the veracity of these witnesses. In at least one of the affidavits that I reviewed, the information was different in the affidavit than the witness gave to the NFL’s investigators when they talked to this particular witness. We also examined the arguments made by Mr. Elliott’s representatives, and the arguments seemed to be theoretical. They did not seem to be supported by any witness, any document, any other substantive evidence. "

You can't pick and choose some evidence and call it the way you want, as is being done here.  Only the panel reviewed all the evidence, and then came to the conclusion submitted to the Commissioner.

These affidavit people need to be interviewed by league officials before the appeal, or their affidavit testimonies are seriously diminished in credibility.

9 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Well, then there is this-

"Among the most compelling evidence, Harvey said, was smartphone metadata that showed photographs Thompson took of her bodily injuries were snapped on the same days she had spent with Elliott.

Days!  not day... {smartphone data and all TXT and records from both parties phones were collected and turned over to the NFL}

What the NFL investigators learned was that on at least four nights between July 16 and July 21, Mr. Elliott and Ms. Thompson stayed together in the same apartment in the same bedroom. And so these injuries did not just, at least in my judgment, magically appear on her body,” Harvey said. “So while alternative theories are interesting, in my judgment they have to be supported by evidence and that was lacking in this particular situation.

They also "reviewed the submissions offered by Mr. Elliott’s representatives. One thing that was significant to us was that many of these people offered affidavits. They declined to be interviewed by the NFL’s investigators, which raised suspicions in our minds about the veracity of these witnesses. In at least one of the affidavits that I reviewed, the information was different in the affidavit than the witness gave to the NFL’s investigators when they talked to this particular witness. We also examined the arguments made by Mr. Elliott’s representatives, and the arguments seemed to be theoretical. They did not seem to be supported by any witness, any document, any other substantive evidence. "

You can't pick and choose some evidence and call it the way you want, as is being done here.  Only the panel reviewed all the evidence, and then came to the conclusion submitted to the Commissioner.

These affidavit people need to be interviewed by league officials before the appeal, or their affidavit testimonies are seriously diminished in credibility.

Neither can you. You can't just ignore that this woman was caught lying, caught compelling her friend to lie, threatening to ruin Zeke's career and using race as the metric of belief just to justify a belief that he absolutely did something.

Also let's be blunt here. An actual office that's entire function is to investigate crimes and bring charges forward decided NOT to press charges. I'm going to put a little more weight on their investigation than the football people who have gotten it wrong time and time again. 

I'm not saying he didn't do it. I'm saying there's serious major doubts in the case and the NFL is completely irresponsible to label someone a domestic abuser in such an instance. 

11 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

It was. Local police and Ohio State did nothing...or at least, he was never charged with anything.

It puts the NFL in a tough position

I didn't know this.  Just curious, if Zeke can be suspended without game pay for something he did AFTER being employed by the NFL, can a retired NFL player have his pension suspended if he's ever caught in a he-said she-said situation AFTER his employment by the NFL?  Hmmm.

14 hours ago, footballhero1 said:

There's innocent and there's not guilty/

She could have told her friend to lie. She could very easily be trying to ruin his career (although lets be honest, he could plead guilty to this and he will be forgiven by fans)

You can say he's not guilty but innocent?

He was there. 3 police reports. Photos with bruises.

Al these alternate theories are theoretically possible.

But his witnesses didnt want to be interviewed.

In light of past incidents and the photos, the NFL cant let this go.

He needs to (choosing words carefeully) apologize for causing the woman whatever it is she's going through. Reach a settlement. Admit he regrets the situation. Donate to domestic abuse prevention. Refuse to comment further forever, citing the settlement you reached. And move on.

He will be forgiven if he says he's sorry.

5 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I didn't know this.  Just curious, if Zeke can be suspended without game pay for something he did AFTER being employed by the NFL, can a retired NFL player have his pension suspended if he's ever caught in a he-said she-said situation AFTER his employment by the NFL?  Hmmm.

I think the answer is 'no'

OJ Simpson is the best example. He still (I believe) gets an NFL pension.

Edited by oldunclemark