Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ezekiel Elliott Could Miss 6+ Games In Suspension

King Colt

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 games does not seem "heavy" to anyone who has witnessed the impact of an abusive man on a woman's life.  

Being good at playing a game should not shield a man from the consequences of his choice.  The process seems thorough, worked through outside experts in the field and seems as though there was adequate evidence.  

Playing in the NFL is a privilege not a right.  Upholding the code of behavior is part of attaining that privilege.

1 minute ago, Girlzarefanstoo said:

6 games does not seem "heavy" to anyone who has witnessed the impact of an abusive man on a woman's life.  

Indeed, yet, this speaks to the NFL to so thoroughly investigate and deliver punishment, when the U.S. judicial system in two different cities declined to pursue charges.  You will hear people complain about getting 6 games, and never being charged for an offense.  6 games in the NFL  1st offense punishment for Domestic Violence. 

1 minute ago, Girlzarefanstoo said:

Being good at playing a game should not shield a man from the consequences of his choice.  The process seems thorough, worked through outside experts in the field and seems as though there was adequate evidence.  

Playing in the NFL is a privilege not a right.  Upholding the code of behavior is part of attaining that privilege.

Again, not to diminish the very real possibility he is/was guilty, but you'll hear a lot of squawking about the NFL punishing players for criminal activities that weren't even addressed as such by the Court System.  But sends a message to players as well.

I have to believe his other incidents (breast exposure, bar room altercation, etc...) show a body of work violating the Personal Conduct Policy, and thus the 6 games is fully deserved, IMO.

19 hours ago, chad72 said:

Good bet it gets reduced to 3 or 4 games.

His fantasy draft stock went from round 1 to round 2, IMO. :) 

If it was just the one incident, I might agree.  Since he has many incidences of violating the PCP, Goodell just might not reduce it... setting off another round of screams for independent appeals arbitrator.

Word has it Jerry Jones is livid...

And the NFL reportedly says one more DV incident, or one involving law enforcement involving Elliot, will get him banished indefinitely...

19 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

If it was just the one incident, I might agree.  Since he has many incidences of violating the PCP, Goodell just might not reduce it... setting off another round of screams for independent appeals arbitrator.

Word has it Jerry Jones is livid...

And the NFL reportedly says one more DV incident involving Elliot will get him banished indefinitely...

IMO Goodell more than likely won't reduce it because of the backlash that would be waiting for him.

With that said Goodell will do exactly as the majority ownership tells him to do.

13 minutes ago, Qwiz said:

Welp, Dallas fans are going to come crashing back down to earth now. Yeah they still have Morris and McFadden but neither will have the impact Elliott has. 

So long as Dak doesn't have a sophomore slump I think the 'Boys will still win the division. I am not buying into the Giants hype.

Haven't followed the story.

Has it been proven by a jury that he has committed a crime?

I assume this means his employer is taking away his paycheck knowing there's been a proper verdict rendered on his guilt.

Or maybe they feel this just helps the team sell pink jerseys and he won't sue them for back pay if found not guilty. 

Maybe he's already done his jail time, idk.

36 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

They have pictures.

Which begs the question, why wasn't the punishment equal to Ray Rice's? It sounds like this was in the same ballpark of crap behavior. I wasn't trying to be flippant when I said that it was a good thing there wasn't a video. I was implying that I shouldn't have to see it, for it to fit the criteria for a year off- or whatever Ray got.

This guy is lucky to be famous for running a ball around.

He's a big man pushing women around.  I'd like to see how the little punk would react to another grown man whooping up on his punk *. I have NO respect for little men (ha) bullying on women, children, animals, and the elderly. If it was in fact DV, i think it should be for the season.  Thats no man, THATS a punk kid.

ENUFF IS ENUFF with DV. 

2 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

They have pictures.

Yes, still frames the victim took of herself, not the striking incidents themselves. Ohio DA didn't have metdata to corrorate times/dates.  When the NFL investigated, they got that data too.  And lots of other items.

2 hours ago, Dudley Smith said:

Not saying he doesn't deserve the suspension (I personally have no idea what really happened), but there must be something more than what we all have heard to this juncture. And if that is the case, it does seem odd that he wasn't formally charged through the justice system.

There were some things that have been uncovered later in the very long and thorough NFL investigation.  Ohio DA also had some conflicting statements, at least one in which the victim said something that wasn't true, and the NFL knows about this too.  But there was way to much evidence for the NFL not to apply the punishment for violating the PCP, which was re-written because of how they handled the Ray Rice case and others in that time frame.

"We are of the view that there is substantial and persuasive evidence supporting a finding that [Elliott] engaged in physical violence against Ms. Thompson on multiple occasions during the week of July 16, 2016."

After reviewing the record, and having considered the views of the independent advisors, the commissioner determined that the credible evidence established that Elliott engaged in conduct that violated NFL policy.

Elliott may appeal this decision within three days. If he does not appeal, Elliott's suspension will begin September 2, the day of final roster reductions for NFL teams. He is eligible to participate in all preseason practices and games. Elliott will be eligible to return to the team's active roster on Monday, October 23 following the Cowboys Sunday, October 22 game against the SF 49'ers.

The NFL had strong warning that should Elliott be involved in another incident having the involvement of Law Enforcement, he would be banned from the league.

I think he could apply for reinstatement after 1 year, but Goodell/NFL doesn't have to let him back in, and wouldn't unless he showed great leaps in rehab of his 'issues'.

1 hour ago, WoolMagnet said:

Quiz! Where u been?

You all growed up?

no more quizboy?

now ur a quizman?

Haha, QwizMan to the rescue! Yeah man I had to take a break. Been a slow offseason but I'm back! Time to get back to the annual debates and oddities around here :rock:Oh yeah, and maybe talk about some football too of course haha 

20 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Yes, still frames the victim took of herself, not the striking incidents themselves. Ohio DA didn't have metdata to corrorate times/dates.  When the NFL investigated, they got that data too.  And lots of other items.

There were some things that have been uncovered later in the very long and thorough NFL investigation.  Ohio DA also had some conflicting statements, at least one in which the victim said something that wasn't true, and the NFL knows about this too.  But there was way to much evidence for the NFL not to apply the punishment for violating the PCP, which was re-written because of how they handled the Ray Rice case and others in that time frame.

"We are of the view that there is substantial and persuasive evidence supporting a finding that [Elliott] engaged in physical violence against Ms. Thompson on multiple occasions during the week of July 16, 2016."

After reviewing the record, and having considered the views of the independent advisors, the commissioner determined that the credible evidence established that Elliott engaged in conduct that violated NFL policy.

Elliott may appeal this decision within three days. If he does not appeal, Elliott's suspension will begin September 2, the day of final roster reductions for NFL teams. He is eligible to participate in all preseason practices and games. Elliott will be eligible to return to the team's active roster on Monday, October 23 following the Cowboys Sunday, October 22 game against the SF 49'ers.

The NFL had strong warning that should Elliott be involved in another incident having the involvement of Law Enforcement, he would be banned from the league.

I think he could apply for reinstatement after 1 year, but Goodell/NFL doesn't have to let him back in, and wouldn't unless he showed great leaps in rehab of his 'issues'.

Interesting info. Thanks for that. I am still surprised that if there is enough there for the NFL to ban him that there isn't enough for a prosecutor's office to charge him. That's what isn't quite adding up for me. Prosecutors overcharge all of the time, so the DA must really have zero confidence in the victim as a witness if he's unwilling to bring anything.

1 hour ago, Qwiz said:

Haha, QwizMan to the rescue! Yeah man I had to take a break. Been a slow offseason but I'm back! Time to get back to the annual debates and oddities around here :rock:Oh yeah, and maybe talk about some football too of course haha 

I think you're gonna like the kid from Clemson.

Another thing to consider is that its become a cultural norm in some "circles"  to treat women poorly.  These nit-wit punk rappers who arent half as cool as they think they are with their gold teeth , guns, and pants down at their knees. they are teaching the young kids that look to them for direction.

carrying a gun doesnt make you a tuff guy or a thug, it makes you another word for cat that rymes with wussy. 

Pathetic excuses for men.  If someone would abuse a sister, cousin, etc of mine, i can assure you their punk butt would be in the hospital or underground and i'd be in jail or mexico.

i cant stand bullies.  They are pathetic, insecure excuses for men.

period!

1 hour ago, Dudley Smith said:

Interesting info. Thanks for that. I am still surprised that if there is enough there for the NFL to ban him that there isn't enough for a prosecutor's office to charge him. That's what isn't quite adding up for me. Prosecutors overcharge all of the time, so the DA must really have zero confidence in the victim as a witness if he's unwilling to bring anything.

The NFL does not need "beyond reasonable doubt".  A court of law does.  Or maybe something happened where certain testimony would not be allowed in court.  Who knows.  But the NFL does not need to prove anything, they just need to convince themselves of any evidence they get.

This is a big reason why Brady tried taking his case to the Supreme Court, it wasn't about deflated footballs, it was about if the NFL had the right suspend players based on beliefs and suppositions rather than facts.  The Circuit court ruled that the NFL does, in fact have that right.

16 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

Another thing to consider is that its become a cultural norm in some "circles"  to treat women poorly.  These nit-wit punk rappers who arent half as cool as they think they are with their gold teeth , guns, and pants down at their knees. they are teaching the young kids that look to them for direction.

carrying a gun doesnt make you a tuff guy or a thug, it makes you another word for cat that rymes with wussy. 

Pathetic excuses for men.  If someone would abuse a sister, cousin, etc of mine, i can assure you their punk butt would be in the hospital or underground and i'd be in jail or mexico.

i cant stand bullies.  They are pathetic, insecure excuses for men.

period!

This is your second rant and you have no idea if the guy is even guilty.  Let's not crucify a guy based on underwhelming evidence.

Goodell has shown he is not afraid to make decisions based purely on PR reasons and "sending a message".

15 minutes ago, bananabucket said:

This is your second rant and you have no idea if the guy is even guilty.  Let's not crucify a guy based on underwhelming evidence.

Goodell has shown he is not afraid to make decisions based purely on PR reasons and "sending a message".

My rant, mr banana hammock, was not toward zeke, but ANY punk who bullies the weak.

why so mad?  U a rapper?

24 minutes ago, bananabucket said:

It's well beyond that.  What follows is true and factual-

"Pursuant to the Personal Conduct Policy, Commissioner Goodell sought the views of four external advisors (see below) to assist him in evaluating potential violations. These experts range in experience from law enforcement, judicial and public service, and other specialized subject areas.

The advisors participated in a meeting on June 26, 2017 in New York City with Elliott, who was represented by his legal team and the NFL Players Association. The group also reviewed the league's investigative reports and materials, the expert medical reports, and multiple NFL Players Association submissions on Elliott's behalf

In a letter to Elliott advising him of the decision, Todd Jones, the NFL's Special Counsel for Conduct, said these advisors "were of the view that there is substantial and persuasive evidence supporting a finding that [Elliott] engaged in physical violence against Ms. Thompson on multiple occasions during the week of July 16, 2016."

MEMBERS OF THE EXTERNAL EXPERT ADVISORY PANEL-

PETER HARVEY, Esq., former Attorney General for the State of New Jersey.

KEN HOUSTON, member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame, who played in 14 seasons in the NFL.

TONYA LOVELACE, MA, Chief Executive Officer of The Women of Color Network, Inc.

MARY JO WHITE, Esq., former United States attorney and former Chair of the Securities and Exchange Commission. "

These folks reviewed all of the data, are on record the investigation was thorough, and then advised Goodell on his course of action.  And yes preponderance of the evidence was the bar.  The ex New Jersey Attorney General admitted on the air the the Ohio prosecutor totally beleived the victim, but did not feel they could convince every juror 'beyond all reasonable doubt', thus did not go forward with charges and the case. Based upon that, she might well win huge damages in civil court, which uses the same criteria as the NFL for purposes of guilt.

Elliott's attorney says they will go outside the NFL after the appeal and take it to Federal court (if the appeal isn't satisfactory to them), just like Tom Brady and his legal team did.did...

50 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

The NFL does not need "beyond reasonable doubt".  A court of law does.  Or maybe something happened where certain testimony would not be allowed in court.  Who knows.  But the NFL does not need to prove anything, they just need to convince themselves of any evidence they get.

This is a big reason why Brady tried taking his case to the Supreme Court, it wasn't about deflated footballs, it was about if the NFL had the right suspend players based on beliefs and suppositions rather than facts.  The Circuit court ruled that the NFL does, in fact have that right.

That precedence will be the same reason Ezekiel Elliott will get a slap in his face if he attempted the same. I hope he is smarter than that and bargain with the commish instead of taking a long drawn out process which will affect him and his team. 

After the "elevator knockout punch" the NFL declared "no more!" The victims are "victims" for the rest of their lives. This weasel gets six football games to sit. He has a history of being a punk. This will not change him, I guarantee it. His daddy Jerry will do everything to paint over this scar just because he is a Cowboy. Maybe Elliott can clean Jones' glasses during games until week seven.

As the mother of a daughter that was date raped by the worst serial rapist in San Diego county and stood by her during the trial, I have a viewpoint that not many have.  The victim is repeatedly victimized, attacked, and her character is publicly ripped to shreds.  

Our daughter's rapist committed over 100+ date rapes via drugs.  Not one of his victims would stop him for fear of what it would mean for their own reputation or for fear of violent retaliation if he wasn't convicted.  Our daughter was the first who came forward and said, "Why won't they stand up to him and stop him from doing this to another woman or child?  If no one else will I have to try."  His last victim was 14 years old and he is in jail for life with I believe no possibility of parole.  

Too many discount a woman's testimony or do not understand what it costs her to come forward and try to prove the charges.  You can even hear echoes of that mindset in this thread.  Powerful men who are violent men take advantage of that.   I am glad the NFL has a higher standard and is holding their men accountable to it.  Even if one day it costs my own team because of it.