• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Malakai432 said:

True.

Media: "What's wrong with Ryan Kelly, and what's his recovery time."

Pagano: "Ankle, yeah he's got an ankle."

I hate that.  He sure did get one up on the media!  Or he's trying to be super duper secretive.  Just tell us, man!  

18 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

Yeah I just read an article from the Indianapolis Star. He is expected to miss a few weeks but it also says he is expected to be ready for the opener, so apparently it's nothing real serious, we are just being cautious. IMO Pre-season is meaningless to guys like Kelly, Luck, and TY anyway. Cant risk an injury with any of those guys. I am sure TY will play in the Pre-season but not much is my guess.

20 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Just type in Ryan Kelly on Google and the news article pops up. It basically says the Colts don't expect the injury to linger once the Regular Season starts. In other words = not that serious.

Hopefully it's just a mild strain. They hurt like hell but are generally alright after some rest. Thinking we should require all of our linemen on both sides to where some type of preventive brace

29 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Just type in Ryan Kelly on Google and the news article pops up. It basically says the Colts don't expect the injury to linger once the Regular Season starts. In other words = not that serious.

Like most Colt injuries, this may turn out to be a lingering season problem for Kelly. We can only hope for the best.

In other news, it's September 10th and Kelly is put on the PUP because the front office decided the toe cramp Kelly had the previous night could lead to other problems. "We want to be very cautious and not risk the future of our young franchise center!" haha 

2 hours ago, TKnight24 said:

Hey TK, spare me the heart attack and say next time in your headline...."Kelly to rest foot, will be ready for regular season."  :thmup: 

For some reason, I was thinking multiple MONTHs!!

30 minutes ago, cbear said:

Hey TK, spare me the heart attack and say next time in your headline...."Kelly to rest foot, will be ready for regular season."  :thmup: 

For some reason, I was thinking multiple MONTHs!!

haha

I dont write the tweets, I just post them. 

And besides, I gotta sell you guys on these titles. I need my views & likes haha

So this is good from just a singular player aspect. Kinda sucks for our 1st team offense during the preseason though.

For Tolzien and whatever RB's have to run behind the line without him. I know that I'm looking at the glass half empty kind of things, but I hate preseason injuries like this. Puts a damper on seeing the potential of the offense, especially for the run game.

38 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

Good news but I'm not getting a good vibe on this season for some reason......

I'm the same way. I feel Luck will miss at least a few games, and we'll probably yet again deal with injuries. I feel 2018 will be Indy's year to get back as being a contender.

1 minute ago, BProland85 said:

I'm the same way. I feel Luck will miss at least a few games, and we'll probably yet again deal with injuries. I feel 2018 will be Indy's year to get back as being a contender.

I am 50/50 on things right now. If Luck plays opening day and we win I think we go 10-6 at worse, if he doesn't play and we lose than who knows? We don't know right now.

48 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

So this is good from just a singular player aspect. Kinda sucks for our 1st team offense during the preseason though.

For Tolzien and whatever RB's have to run behind the line without him. I know that I'm looking at the glass half empty kind of things, but I hate preseason injuries like this. Puts a damper on seeing the potential of the offense, especially for the run game.

Yes it sucks but it happens to every team. I'm reading through all the injuries that happened today in other team's first preseason games and I am starting to get worried about Sunday's game.

In spite of these multiple injuries, so far, no one is out for the season. Of course, we all know that could change. As Princeton Tiger said, we are building depth at very least. We know there are going to be ups and downs during the course of the season but I don't think its unreasonable to hope that things can come together this year. That Luck could have his best year, that the Oline improves, we get a run game and are much better at stopping the run and better defensively in general. This is good news about Kelly. I'd rather be hopeful till all reason for hope is gone than assume this year will be a disaster.