Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts release Kendall Langford

TKnight24

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, ProblChld32 said:

I sort of saw it coming the way they were praising the hankins - woods - anderson front. Sad because Langford was the iron man before the injury, bit business is business. I wish him luck with recovery and hope he finds a new team.

I did as well...his injury was taking a very long time to recover from.  I wish him well and appreciate his efforts as a Colt.

Well, just plain WOW, I did not see this coming. It makes you wonder if the new defensive end is on team now.

Could they put Bashem there, but his more suited at OLB. 

What about putting Woods over the center and move Hankins to DE     Hankins, Woods, Anderson

Very interesting but if he is not healthy I can see it, I guess or put him on IR 

Just now, indyagent17 said:

Well, just plain WOW, I did not see this coming. It makes you wonder if the new defensive end is on team now.

Could they put Bashem there, but his more suited at OLB. 

What about putting Woods over the center and move Hankins to DE     Hankins, Woods, Anderson

Very interesting but if he is not healthy I can see it, I guess or put him on IR 

Right now the starting front 3 is Anderson, Woods, and Hankins.  That leaves Ridgeway(a personal fave of mine), Hunt, Stewart, Parry, and McGill.....possibly one is cut/traded?

32 minutes ago, Superman said:

Oh.

Edit: I wonder if this means something else is coming, like a big acquisition that they need the roster spot for. Otherwise, I don't understand why they're making this move now.

Was wondering the same thing. Not sure who unless there's a trade or gulp..... a Kapernick signing in the works

Very surprised. Keep thinking it must be bc they simply don't see him recovering this season. Thought of him as one of our better players on defense and looked forward to him returning.

Side note, props to Grigson for his contract structure.

24 minutes ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

So you want Indy to pay a player not to play?  He failed his physical....

We could have cut him long before the season.      It wasn't a case of cutting him today or else....

We could have cut him in a week,  or two week,   or even at the cutdown date with all the othr cuts.

We still would've saved the money.....      I'm sure there's more to the story concerning the timing....    hopefully we'll get it soon....